RB Kerryon Johnson being released

I think our RB boat is pretty full right now.  Not sure it makes sense to add a high risk/high reward guy.  Being completely objective and keeping in mind this new wide/outside zone rushing scheme, I think the best guys (in order) at RB could be Michael Carter, Ty Johnson, Tevin Coleman, La'Michal Perine and Josh Adams.  I don't see more than the first three being on the 53 each Sunday.  Perine is likely a PS candidate now.  Kerryon Johnson is young and talented, but with a cheap season still left on his contract Detroit knows what they're getting rid of IMO.  Buyer beware!

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yes. Their scheme requires healthy talented dependable running backs.  How does KJ fit the new Jets scheme? 

He has speed that can get to outside that neither Adams or Perrine have

8 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

The juice is worth the squeeze. Cut perine or Adam's. If he doesnt pan out those to mentioned are easily replaced. 

Worst case ontario we lose a 3/4 rb. Best case scenario we have an amazing 123 punch.

Even if you want him, what kind of stupidity is it to automatically cut rostered players?  The rosters are at, what?  90?  There are plenty of UDFA and futures guys to cut before getting to last year's 4th rounders.

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I think our RB boat is pretty full right now.  Not sure it makes sense to add a high risk/high reward guy.  Being completely objective and keeping in mind this new wide/outside zone rushing scheme, I think the best guys (in order) at RB could be Michael Carter, Ty Johnson, Tevin Coleman, La'Michal Perine and Josh Adams.  I don't see more than the first three being on the 53 each Sunday.  Perine is likely a PS candidate now.  Kerryon Johnson is young and talented, but with a cheap season still left on his contract Detroit knows what they're getting rid of IMO.  Buyer beware!

You're just taking a flyer on him. $0 guarantees so he can be cut. Claiming him guarantees him nothing, not even a roster spot. He's over a 2 years out from knee surgery and that is typically when those players seem to get back to their pre surgery form. If he's anything like what he was in 2018 there is not 1 HB on the roster better than him and it's not close. It's worth the gamble bc there is 0 downside to it. 

15 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Even if you want him, what kind of stupidity is it to automatically cut rostered players?  The rosters are at, what?  90?  There are plenty of UDFA and futures guys to cut before getting to last year's 4th rounders.

Easy there fella.

I just didnt think a crowded rb room would be good for anyone. Guys get buried in depth. Especially when we could use other pickups in the secondary. 

34 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Easy there fella.

I just didnt think a crowded rb room would be good for anyone. Guys get buried in depth. Especially when we could use other pickups in the secondary. 

I get that, but if you are worried about a crowded room, do you cut one of the better players or the guy from the bottom of the roster?  Personally I'd dump Pete Guerrero before Perine.

• Sympathy 1

On 5/6/2021 at 4:06 AM, David Harris said:

Wow- I loved this kid when healthy. 

my interest is beyond piqued

would absolutely love him in camp to see if he’s healthy. 

I was surprised when Lions drafted Swift because they already had Kerryon who was very good.

He was my favorite RB in that class.  Would take him over Perine.

• Sympathy 1