Michael Carter II 2020-2021 Highlights

Why does every highlight video have to be filled with such annoying music. Jets apparently love this guy, I am not nuanced enough about the position to see which prospect is better, but I do know that man skills are less important and consequently the role of CB can be played well in our defense with lesser talented QBs. Idea is to keep their eyes in the backfield on the QB and not need to them to matchup and turn to see the ball.

Saleh was saying that when we selected the Michael Carter RB in the 4th ESPN showed highlights of the corner and they briefly thought they chose the wrong player :)

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Why does every highlight video have to be filled with such annoying music. Jets apparently love this guy, I am not nuanced enough about the position to see which prospect is better, but I do know that man skills are less important and consequently the role of CB can be played well in our defense with lesser talented QBs. Idea is to keep their eyes in the backfield on the QB and not need to them to matchup and turn to see the ball.

Saleh was saying that when we selected the Michael Carter RB in the 4th ESPN showed highlights of the corner and they briefly thought they chose the wrong player :)

Thank you!!!! This is a huge pet peeve of mine as well. The worst is on Sirius NFL Network, when they do the 2 minute drill. They have tunes playing so loud sometimes that you can't even hear what the guy is saying.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Saleh said both nickel and free safety when talking about him. Kind of wonder if they’re envisioning him as a long-term option for the role Joyner will play this year.

It’s kind of funny, I feel like around 20 years ago not many teams were running the 3-4 and the teams that did absolutely killed it because they were able to find guys who were 4-3 tweeners but perfect for the 3-4 and get them later. Kind of seems to be some overlap with what’s happening in the back seven of Saleh’s new system. Carter’s listed as a corner some spots and a safety others, maybe a tweener for some teams whereas the defensive staff looks at him as perfect for a role. Obviously the two big safeties to linebacker as well.

Not remotely surprising coming out of Duke either, but he seemed very intelligent and thoughtful in his press interview. I’m sure that was appealing. And I do remember when the Jets took smart guys with day three picks but hoping the DB who runs 4.65 can use his intelligence to overcome the lack of speed. Carter was in the 4.3’s. Fun times.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I mute it. ?

• Upvote 1

Highlight videos can be misleading.  Especially for a corner.  His best plays occurred when the QB looked his way and thought better of it.  It is why Carter found it difficult to get noticed with no combine and no Shrine Game.  A corner is at the top of his game when teams have learned not to throw at him.  This was surely the case when top programs were playing Duke.  

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

You would probably  hate to be inside the locker room

8 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Came here to say this. I think it's a requirement that you play god awful hippity hop during a highlight video. 

Not just that, the music AND the painfully slo mo repeat.

Why cant they make it quick and on to the next one. Trim the fat

• Upvote 1