Mark Sanchez named New York Jets’ worst draft pick since 2006

20 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I think you're missing everyone's point. No one gives a sh*t about Mark Sanchez he was ultimately a bad and I'm happy the Jets moved from him long ago. The point you're missing is regardless of how much love you have for him there are picks that were FAR worse than Sanchez over the last 15 years. Gholston, Hill, Lee, Hackenberg, Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane all come to mind as worse.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm not missing the point. 

I've mentioned in this thread that I think Hackneberg and Gholston were clearly bigger busts and ultimately worse picks. 

But I get the context by which you can argue Sanchez was the worst and it's a fair argument. He was a huge mistake and detriment to a team that was championship ready, and had those resources been allocated elsewhere it's possible we could have won a title.

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2021 at 6:45 AM, Biggs said:

Sanchez actually over performed in both AFC championship games.  As a rookie he put up a respectable 93 plus QBR.  In the Pittsburgh game as a second year QB a very good 102 plus QBR. 

The reality is our running game underperformed in both championship games and our D underperformed in both championship games. 

In both of the biggest games Sanchez over-performed and the strength of our team underperformed.  

Young QB's on very good teams should be carried by the strength of the team.  Sanchez wasn't carried in both championship games.  

You didn't watch the games Sanchez let us down I remember it vividly....other factors sure but his play was to blame overall

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You didn't watch the games Sanchez let us down I remember it vividly....other factors sure but his play was to blame overall

Sanchez was at best a second tier QB.  He played well in big spots and mostly played to his talent, which was mediocre during the regular season.  I don't blame players for being who they are.  Sanchez to his credit didn't shrink from the big spot.   Too many times great players shrink in big spots.  A mediocre player stepping up in a big spot doesn't deserve blame.   Our HC, the brilliant defensive tactician with a loaded defensive roster, couldn't make an adjustment when his D got punched in the mouth.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Biggs said:

Sanchez was at best a second tier QB.  He played well in big spots and mostly played to his talent, which was mediocre during the regular season.  I don't blame players for being who they are.  Sanchez to his credit didn't shrink from the big spot.   Too many times great players shrink in big spots.  A mediocre player stepping up in a big spot doesn't deserve blame.   Our HC, the brilliant defensive tactician with a loaded defensive roster, couldn't make an adjustment when his D got punched in the mouth.  

there is some truth to this, Sanchez did have good moments sure but i stand by he was just our rex grossman. I think taht is accurate.