Gardner Minshew traded to Eagles; Mullens Released

38 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Mullens signed before the Jets traded Darnold. The Jets weren't prepared to do anything with the QB position at that time. 

Mullens did not sign with Philly until June, well after we traded Sam.  No way of knowing if we were in on him or not, but he probably felt he had a chance to start in Philly with Hurts/Flacco as competition.  Didn't work out for him there,; I guess we will find out in coming days if there is interest.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This was major error by Urban.   He created this fake QB competition that no one actually believe existed.  He split reps with Gardner and Trevor to create this illusion only to declare Trevor the starter and then trade Gardner for a conditional 6th.  

Now today, Urban says he needs to get Trevor a lot more reps in today’s game because he has to get him ready for week 1.   He should have been doing this for the entire time, just another blunder by Urban.  

I think it’s funny how we as fans view things from the outside looking in sometimes. The Jets and Jaguars are two really bad teams with promising rookie QBs.

They both have new HCs, and while the Jags hired a guy with as good a resume as I’ve ever seen in the NCAA, very few are confident he’s going to be successful.
The Jets, on the other hand hired a DC, who is younger, more personable, yet has nowhere near the accomplishments Meyer has, yet everyone here is over the moon with him. 
I agree with the prevailing view on Meyer,  I’m just not sure about the one with Saleh yet.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Lith said:

Mullens did not sign with Philly until June, well after we traded Sam.  No way of knowing if we were in on him or not, but he probably felt he had a chance to start in Philly with Hurts/Flacco as competition.  Didn't work out for him there,; I guess we will find out in coming days if there is interest.

For some reason I thought he was signed earlier but now that I think of it wasn't Mullens coming off an injury Too?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

What?  In nine games he had 16 TDs and 5 picks.   On a dog crap Jacksonville team.  I'll take that "trash" compared to the real garbage Darnold (or the other recent sanitation engineers) was spewing.

Mullins is a glorified option qb.  If his stats were really that good why is no other team signing him?  Why did the eagles cut him?

14 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Mullins is a glorified option qb.  If his stats were really that good why is no other team signing him?  Why did the eagles cut him?

LOL!  I think we're on crossed wavelengths.   My original post you reacted to was lauding Minshew, not Mullens.   I agree that Mullens sucks.

On 8/28/2021 at 5:40 PM, rayzor said:

Minshew has shown that he can't be the guy.  Mullens has shown that he can't be the guy.   If Saleh wanted him, they would have gone after him before the Eagles signed him.  That says a lot.   I don't see the point in getting either one of them unless they can help Wilson develop.  JJ has more than enough experience to fill that role.  Do you guys really want to win meaningless games if Wilson isn't under center?

Thank you....

If God forbid Zack goes down I don’t really care who’s under center. It doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. The same people who want to trade for a borderline starting QB like Foles would be mad if we end up picking 6-8th as a result instead of 3-5.....

12 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

JD fleeced carolina for darnold.  how about looking at that side of the coin sunshine?

What does that have to do with anything 

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, you beat the drum for two JAGS.  

As backup QBs a JAG would represent a ten fold increase over any of our QB2s since Pennington was sitting behind Vinny.

And this same thing was said about Tannehill. Trubisky and Minshew still have upside. Mullins does not. That’s the point.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

What does that have to do with anything 

As backup QBs a JAG would represent a ten fold increase over any of our QB2s since Pennington was sitting behind Vinny.

And this same thing was said about Tannehill. Trubisky and Minshew still have upside. Mullins does not. That’s the point.

No it wouldn't.  Minshew is a nothing scrub and Trubisky doesnt want to be a backup, he thinks hes a starting NFL QB.  

No, Minshew is not Tannehill on the Titans.  Tannehill on the Jags or even us isnt Tannehill the last 2 years.  Tannehill stepped into it and was totally lucky to land where he did, where he didnt have to be a top NFL QB to win.  

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No it wouldn't.  Minshew is a nothing scrub and Trubisky doesnt want to be a backup, he thinks hes a starting NFL QB.  

No, Minshew is not Tannehill on the Titans.  Tannehill on the Jags or even us isnt Tannehill the last 2 years.  Tannehill stepped into it and was totally lucky to land where he did, where he didnt have to be a top NFL QB to win.  

This isn’t a televised debate. You had the option of just not responding if you couldn’t counter my position. You didn’t have to try the old “reframe opponent’s position incorrectly and hope no one notices.”

Get outta here with that weak sauce.

5 hours ago, jgb said:

This isn’t a televised debate. You had the option of just not responding if you couldn’t counter my position. You didn’t have to try the old “reframe opponent’s position incorrectly and hope no one notices.”

Get outta here with that weak sauce.

Or if you didnt want to talk about it you could have not added your POV to this thread.  This is how internet message boards work.  I get that, most others do too.  I didn’t have to try the old “reframe opponent’s position incorrectly and hope no one notices.”  I made my point and most would agree Minshew is a backup IMO at QB, Trubinski is a failed QB and to follow what you have repeated over and over again, name all the failed QBs who succeed after moving on.  Dont like it, youre the one who can stop posting, sorry I ruined your day

On 8/30/2021 at 2:13 PM, Jet Nut said:

Or if you didnt want to talk about it you could have not added your POV to this thread.  This is how internet message boards work.  I get that, most others do too.  I didn’t have to try the old “reframe opponent’s position incorrectly and hope no one notices.”  I made my point and most would agree Minshew is a backup IMO at QB, Trubinski is a failed QB and to follow what you have repeated over and over again, name all the failed QBs who succeed after moving on.  Dont like it, youre the one who can stop posting, sorry I ruined your day

Winning never ruins my day, pal.

But there you again trying to reframe what others think and feel.

We are all onto you lol. Time to get a new bag of tricks to dodge the actual substance of what others are saying. :) 

• WTF? 1