Why was Mawae cut?

NIGHT STALKER

Dan Leberfeld of Jets Confidential puts his own spin on it...

By Dan Leberfeld

JFF

Date: Mar 8, 2006

If you think the release of center Kevin Mawae was a salary cap move, think again.

"I think it was the Jets just kind of starting over a little bit and kind of going in a new direction,

I think that Mawae is a powerful voice and player that wants to win now..there is a good chance that is not going to happen so there could be tension or potential problems. I think Mangini wants to start his own leadership group and tone in the locker room

real good article.

makes sense to me. the waterboy-turned -coach might not get the respect of the old guy. we already know that mawae is a vocal guy so get rid of anybody who is going to undermine you.

i dont mind this move one bit by gina

who knows, there may have been a moment when mawae grabbed some gatorade from mangina and was nasty, and gina remembers. id get his ass out of there so fast it aint funny

You want to get attention of a team quickly?

Cut a veteran who is a quasi-leader.

That will make people snap to.

I remember when Vinny and Mawae went to the press about the Hard Camp that Groh ran! And under Hermie the Vets ran the show! So as good as Kevin was it was time to go! The HC runs this Team and don't you forget it!!:box:

This sounds like agent crappola to me.....trying to drum up interest in a vet (Mawae) who is certainly on the downside of his career:

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=129670

Agents....bleh!!!

ya, agree,

i am sure we will be seeing the same crapola articles drummin up over the hill mcginnest in the coming days

I think the guy is tough and lays it all on the line but his shenanigans get old after a while. You know he wants to sign within the division to try to "prove" himself to the jets front office. I think I am with your thinking Smizzy

So he basiaclly just said he stayed in NY for the cash and not to win anything.

He's always been a clubhouse SNITCH.

Am I the only guy who hope he never even looks at a ring now?

Hello Smizzy, F*ck you....

ny_jets_kevin_mawae_fielding_calls_at_th.JPG

;)

Actually, I'm with you. He's gone, I'm done with him, let's move on. I lost a lot of respect for him after that whole Groh fiasco with Vinny anyway. You have your money, you gave us some great years, now don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...

I think the guy is tough and lays it all on the line but his shenanigans get old after a while. You know he wants to sign within the division to try to "prove" himself to the jets front office. I think I am with your thinking Smizzy

It's no coincidence he's talking to NE & Miami. He trying to get his point across.

The point? The Jets can go _ _ _ _ themselves.

Mawae needs to just shut the **** up. It's over. ****ing get over it.

If he hadn't been running his damn mouth since the second Mangini was hired, he would still be on the team. Mawae forced his way out of town and he knows it.

Mawae needs to just shut the **** up. It's over. ****ing get over it.

If he hadn't been running his damn mouth since the second Mangini was hired, he would still be on the team. Mawae forced his way out of town and he knows it.

Agreed.

He was a quality player here. Nobody pulled like him-nobody. But he won't be a force when this team figures to be good again. It's time to get a new center, one who's bigger(and likely less agile) and a better snapper as noted. I can look past all the press stuff and recognize he's a great player who did a good job here. To some degree it probably is about the HC establishing that this is his team and the players will not run the asylum any more. And that's how it should be.

If the money's not important to him , though, why not come back here on the cheap? Question answers itself. When ever they say it's not about money, it's about money. Think all the Fins talk is just a smokescreen to get Parcells to pony up more cash, because I'll be shocked if he doesn't have a star on his helmet come September. And I cannot abdmouth him; nobody works for thank you notes.

No matter what-the guy was great player here and I wish him well, kinda like when Bryan Cox left ( a guy who may not be as talented as Mawae, but a force to his unit like Kevin).And I hope he gets in the HoF when he retires; it's deserved.

Archived