First game questions

Tezza

Tailgate:

For MetLife tailgates how does it work for randoms who just turn up does everyone pay like $30-50 for a wristband or are there some tailgates where you can pay per item? 

MetLife food: 

Is there a specific concession that MetLife is known for or is it all basically chicken tendies and fries (standard stadium food) I know most ballparks have signature dishes folk want to try. 

bag policy:

am I correct in saying that you can't take in a purse and everything should be in one of those clear bags. Can you take food or drinks into the game (carton juice/milk for a kid) can you also take in one of those kid carriers you wear, I was planning on taking one in case the little one got tired at the end (this can fit in a poly bag)

pregame activities: 

Besides the tailgate lot are there other activities that the jets host for fans like a kids area, ex player autograph signing, pictures with cheerleaders etc.

Team store:

How much merch do they usually have out since they have to transform this from Giants to jets? Is it a good array like they have at Yankee stadium?

first game, apologies in advance for all the questions I'm just stoked to be going! Sitting in section 148 for what it's worth is that the wide where the away team tunnel is?

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Please do tell everyone how you can avoid that. 

Go to your seats last of anyone around you and hope for the best.  Or be a good citizen and don't let the person next to you do it if they look that...lost.  I've seen too many smokey trails above parking lots after tailgates...

1 minute ago, Origen said:

Go to your seats last of anyone around you and hope for the best.  Or be a good citizen and don't let the person next to you do it if they look that...lost.  I've seen too many smokey trails above parking lots after tailgates...

You can't fix stupid I have witnessed many pouring the hot coals under their own car.  

I also saw an entire row of cars burn up years ago. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Larz said:

come to the jetnation tailgate.  

I haven’t paid for MetLife food even once. I load up before the game, piss twice during the game, have an after game tailgate to let the traffic go down. 

What's the format do you pay per item/donation or is it like $50 per ticket? 

11 hours ago, Tezza said:

MetLife food: 

Is there a specific concession that MetLife is known for or is it all basically chicken tendies and fries (standard stadium food) I know most ballparks have signature dishes folk want to try. 

It's better than that on the levels and concourses, better choices now, but the Jets did a great job on the lower level right at the 50 yard line with a series of food trucks (carts more like it) where you can get Mexican food, Italian food, Philly cheesesteaks, Greek food, Korean food.  Just grab what you want before you head up to your seats, it's quite good.

bag policy:

am I correct in saying that you can't take in a purse and everything should be in one of those clear bags. Can you take food or drinks into the game (carton juice/milk for a kid) can you also take in one of those kid carriers you wear, I was planning on taking one in case the little one got tired at the end (this can fit in a poly bag)

Anything you bring in must fit in one of the clear bags.  Bring multiples, you can bring 10 of 'em if you need them, but they won't let you in with a kid carry bag or anything larger than the clear bags.

pregame activities: 

Besides the tailgate lot are there other activities that the jets host for fans like a kids area, ex player autograph signing, pictures with cheerleaders etc.

We get to the parking lots 3 hours before kickoff to avoid the rush and get a good location.  And then we head straight through the 50 yard line display by the team store and go into the first row of the stadium to watch warmups.  You get really close to the players.  Much better than autographs IMO.

Team store:

How much merch do they usually have out since they have to transform this from Giants to jets? Is it a good array like they have at Yankee stadium?

Great selection, more than at Yankee Stadium in the large Jets shop.  Even though it transitions, they don't take up any Jets space with Giants stuff.  It's really well done.

Enjoy!

SAR I

• Sympathy 1