New York Patri-Jets already off to BAD start!

The Fat Man

Why Patrick Ramsey, Jon Kitna and Sage Rosenfels are even meeting with the Jets shows that yuppies Mangini and Tannenbaum have no clue when it comes to selecting offensive talent. These QB's are all proven losers. Jets fans are willing to back these QB's with a poor history of competing in the NFL, saying things like it is just a backup role for next year...right! So was Fiedler.

You cut the best center in the history of the franchise mainly because he is 36 years old and then interview Brad Hopkins who is 36 years old. Once the new CBA came out..I bet most Jets fans wish they could now get Mawae back. Extending Kendall was a big mistake. He has underperformed every year since he left Seattle. He got fired from Arizona and what has he done for our Jets...(See last years injury chart for QB's).

They low ball Pennington to a disgraceful $8 million dollar cut and then finally resign him to a higher amount. This will create team loyalty. Play car sales with your players especially your team leaders. Maybe Mangini and Tannenbaum can throw in some floormats next time.

I am sorry Jets fans, I can no longer be optimistic with these types of decisions. I am very skeptical of the Mangini/Tannenbaum relationship and also am not in favor of any Kraft being near our franchise other than the boxes of Mac & Cheese at summer workouts to beef up our linemen. We are turning into the New York Patri-Jets.

These guys have to prove that they can make the correct choices for out team. Most fans are excited and rightfully so, but Mangini and Tannebaum have done nothing to improve this team and in fact, it has gotten worse. Just because they cut salary does not mean that our team has improved. With selecting interviews like Kitna, Ramsey and Rosenfels and god forbid one of these signs, we will probably be picking #1 in the 2007 Draft.

And wait and see how fun it will be with a Schottenheimer calling offensive plays.

So we are judging them based on speculation. I am old fashioned. I was going to judge them based on the # of games they won.

But you are right, let's do it your way. I mean Redskins fans are so happy every offseason with all the moves their owner makes. So I guess that is all that really matters.

Just because they cut salary does not mean that our team has improved. With selecting interviews like Kitna, Ramsey and Rosenfels and god forbid one of these signs, we will probably be picking #1 in the 2007 Draft.

I agree cutting salaries does not improve the team, but it does give us the needed cap space to be able to go out and sign some FA's and possible two 1st Round Draft picks. We're not even 8 hours into the FA period give it time.

Also, don't think for a minute that they Jets view Kitna/Ramsey/etc. as the future. If we're going to give Pennington a shot at the starting job, you need to have a QB who can at least give you a chance at winning on the bench, and I still believe we will draft a QB.

what i find funny is that they are about to bring cement shoes pinata ramsey in who got the crapped kicked out of him in washington and yet they are taking apart the O line. they must know there gonna suck next season and want something entertainin to watch like ramsey setting the sack record

what i find funny is that they are about to bring cement shoes pinata ramsey in who got the crapped kicked out of him in washington and yet they are taking apart the O line. they must know there gonna suck next season and want something entertainin to watch like ramsey setting the sack record

Taking apart the offensive line? The same line that saw every QB on the roster get mauled? They won't be missed.

So, they are shopping for a backup QB, and this makes them idiots? :yawn:

Yes those backups would make them idiots. They are the worst QB's in the NFL. There is a reason why they are looking for a new job.

Chad gets hurts....as usual and then...

Sage Rosenfels comes in to play....oh my god.....

Why Patrick Ramsey, Jon Kitna and Sage Rosenfels are even meeting with the Jets shows that yuppies Mangini and Tannenbaum have no clue when it comes to selecting offensive talent. These QB's are all proven losers. Jets fans are willing to back these QB's with a poor history of competing in the NFL, saying things like it is just a backup role for next year...right! So was Fiedler.

You cut the best center in the history of the franchise mainly because he is 36 years old and then interview Brad Hopkins who is 36 years old. Once the new CBA came out..I bet most Jets fans wish they could now get Mawae back. Extending Kendall was a big mistake. He has underperformed every year since he left Seattle. He got fired from Arizona and what has he done for our Jets...(See last years injury chart for QB's).

They low ball Pennington to a disgraceful $8 million dollar cut and then finally resign him to a higher amount. This will create team loyalty. Play car sales with your players especially your team leaders. Maybe Mangini and Tannenbaum can throw in some floormats next time.

I am sorry Jets fans, I can no longer be optimistic with these types of decisions. I am very skeptical of the Mangini/Tannenbaum relationship and also am not in favor of any Kraft being near our franchise other than the boxes of Mac & Cheese at summer workouts to beef up our linemen. We are turning into the New York Patri-Jets.

These guys have to prove that they can make the correct choices for out team. Most fans are excited and rightfully so, but Mangini and Tannebaum have done nothing to improve this team and in fact, it has gotten worse. Just because they cut salary does not mean that our team has improved. With selecting interviews like Kitna, Ramsey and Rosenfels and god forbid one of these signs, we will probably be picking #1 in the 2007 Draft.

And wait and see how fun it will be with a Schottenheimer calling offensive plays.

Is anything else bothering you, or does this just about wrap it up?

Yes those backups would make them idiots. They are the worst QB's in the NFL. There is a reason why they are looking for a new job.

Chad gets hurts....as usual and then...

Sage Rosenfels comes in to play....oh my god.....

Sooo..... who should they get to be the backup QB? Culpepper, who woun't be ready to play until October, if he's VERY lucky? Kerry Collins? Brees, another QB with a bum shoulder?

They are looking to draft a QB, but I'm sure you hate that idea too.... you will hate everything they do. Actually, if anyone is going to do any favors for "us", it would be you finding a new team to beat down.

You must either be very young or just an idiot. Getting a serviceable back up for next year cheap is a great move. What do you think the patriots are gonna hand us brady for a 3? Or maybe you would rather have Kerry retread Collins? Renegotiating contracts is a fact of NFL life now. The players get the biggest signing bonas they can and the team either cuts them or renegotiates thier contract at the end. It is a game and how teams and agents do business. THat they renegotiaed with Chad may actually been a sign of love.

So far the new management team seems to have made sound decisions. We will see how they draft. THat you fault them for picking up a backup shows your level of intellegence. By the way most NFL QB's dont mature for 4 - 5 years. THe game is so different and so much faster than college that it takes a while to assimilate. Ramsey got no shot last year. We honestly have no idea of how good or bad he will be. It was worth a number 5.

You must either be very young or just an idiot. Getting a serviceable back up for next year cheap is a great move. What do you think the patriots are gonna hand us brady for a 3? Or maybe you would rather have Kerry retread Collins? Renegotiating contracts is a fact of NFL life now. The players get the biggest signing bonas they can and the team either cuts them or renegotiates thier contract at the end. It is a game and how teams and agents do business. THat they renegotiaed with Chad may actually been a sign of love.

Kerry Collins took the Giants to a Superbowl.

Kerry Collins took an expansion team Panthers to the NFC Championship in their 2nd season.

Aaron Brooks led the Saints to their 1st ever playoff win and leads the team in passing over hall of famer Archie Manning.

Sooo..... who should they get to be the backup QB? Culpepper, who woun't be ready to play until October, if he's VERY lucky? Kerry Collins? Brees, another QB with a bum shoulder?

They are looking to draft a QB, but I'm sure you hate that idea too.... you will hate everything they do. Actually, if anyone is going to do any favors for "us", it would be you finding a new team to beat down.

Collins or Aaron Brooks. Both have proven track records of winning especially in the playoffs.

I normally do not shop for the $1 menu items. Your Jr. Cheeseburger would not even make the Queer Eye Guys happy.

Thats because they dont like bacon....

I got some warm apple pie in my sack, want to dig in?

I had some McDonalds breakfast this morning, I saved you the sausage burger if you dont want my pie.

Or do you like pie and sausage? A fancy fat man are you, with special needs?

Sorry but this is crazy talk,these stop gap QBs are exactly that,a stop gap till our drafted QB develop.At worst they are solid back ups and at best are solid starters.

So your blaming Kendall for all our QB injuries last year?The main guy to blame is Fabini,he was old and we waited too long to replace him.We are not going to do the same mistakes with a 35 year old center coming off an injury who was having a disapointing season before he got hurt.He was on the downside of the career and it's better to replace him now than when we are on the rise.Kendall can play at both guard and center and had a solid season considering the circumstances.

And guess what,the reason we have gotten worse is because we were over the cap by 20 million.We had to cut players who still had a bit in the tank,thats part of the rebuilding process.You can't claim these guys are going to fail when they cleared more than 30 million off our cap and have yet to actualy sign someone.Wait a few seasons before starting to judge these guys,not a few minutes.

Thats because they dont like bacon....

I got some warm apple pie in my sack, want to dig in?

I had some McDonalds breakfast this morning, I saved you the sausage burger if you dont want my pie.

Or do you like pie and sausage? A fancy fat man are you, with special needs?

You have a pie. I thought you were a dude. Oh well.

The Fat man- simple question for you what QB do you want to see as the next Jet QB

KERRY COLLINS

Led Giants to Super Bowl

Led Panthers to NFC Division Championship in their second season.

Tough...blue collar not hurt all the time and is familiar with playoff atomasphere.

Dude, you are so off-base it isn't even funny.

Ramsey is a decent to good starting qb. Sure I'd rather have Culpeper, Brooks and Brees but Ramsey is a lot cheaper than those guys, younger, and not injured. Rosenfels and Kitna interviews are window dressing. We interviewed Jim Haslett and Mike Sherman for the head coaching positions.

Mawae wasn't cut just because he's 36, he looked horrendous last year and then he got seriously injured. You want Mawae, take him, he's not a good starter anymore.

Kendall had a very good year in 2004 blocking for Curtis Martin. Last year he was playing out of position at center. He's 31 and has a couple good years left especially if we move him back to Left Guard.

You're comment about Pennington is so ridiculous that I don't want to dignify it with a shoot-down.

Again, just because a team interviews a guy doesn't mean they're going to get him, or, that they're seriously interested in him. Interviewing as many people as possible is a negotiating tactic. If you interview bums like Jim Haslett and Mike Sherman it will give the guy you really want, Eric Mangini, less leverage at the negotiating table because it doesn't look like he's the only one you want.

I'm sure someone with your wisdom can understand all that.

My statements were in jest and did not state my opinion on his ability to play. If you notice re-tardo that I poked fun at his comments.

no you attacked kevin mawae with that post, then said we're stupid for getting rid of him. You are such a pessimist its not even funny, infact, youre like that guy in major league(the movie)...the fan that hates his team, and hates all the players, and the whole time says they are going to fail until the very very end, when its obvious theyre special, then he finally says yep i knew it all along....thats you!

and i really disliked the guy in the movie too

This thread has become a unintentional comedy Mecca.

Good thing they don't play any real games for another 6 MONTHS, and until after a draft, minicamps and August training camp. And that's the case for all 31 other teams too. Fat Man has plenty of time for more incontinence. Plus, this season will be a gimme; grow and get better. 8-8 would be a major accomplishment.

Archived