Lendale White Falling to the Pats?

PatsFanTX

This is from the Pats KFFL message board. As much as I'd love this to happen, there is no way Lendale White falls to 21.

Thoughts?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many have said it's unlikely he'll fall, and I suppose it is. However, a quick look at NFL rosters makes me think it's plausible:

1 Houston - Reggie Bush

2 New Orleans - won't take RB, even with Deuce hurt. Too much $$$ invested.

3 Tennessee - Chris Brown, Travis Henry and not looking RB this high, anyway.

4 New York Jets - re-signed Martin, like Cedric Houston, going QB or D'Brickashaw.

5 Green Bay - possibly, but then why re-up Ahman Green? Also, Davenport returning.

6 *San Francisco - COULD take a RB, but I'm mostly hearing AJ Hawk and other Defensive players.

7 Oakland - LaMont Jordan. Looking D.

8 Buffalo - Willis McGahee

9 Detroit - Kevin Jones

10 *Arizona - POSSIBLE destination for Lendale, but they are hot after Edge.

11 St. Louis - Steven Jackson

12 Cleveland - Reuben Droughns? He's okay, but they could take White. However, they are definitely in need of LB help.

13 *Baltimore - POSSIBLE destination for Lendale.

14 Philadelphia - Possible, but doubtful - They have Westbrook, and they need a WR big time, even if they sign a FA.

15 Atlanta - Warrick Dunn and TJ Duckett. Doubt they draft RB.

16 Miami - Ronnie Brown

17 Minnesota - Just signed Chester Taylor, have a slew of RB's, might be shy.

18 Dallas - Julius Jones and Barber.

19 San Diego - LT, nuff said.

20 Kansas City - Larry Johnson.

21 New England - It is not only possible the Patriots will be staring at Lendale White, it's possible they'll have their pick of the non-Reggie Bush RB's.

22 Denver (from Washington) - trade up? I doubt it.

23 Tampa Bay - Cadillac Williams

24 Cincinnati - Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry.

25 New York Giants - Tiki Barber

26 Chicago - That Texas kid.

27 Carolina - DeShaun Foster signed to 3 year deal.

28 Jacksonville - Trade up? Fred Taylor, Greg Jones.

29 Denver - again, possible but doubt it.

30 Indianapolis - possible but that's a big trade up.

31 Seattle - Shaun Alexander, 8-year deal.

32 Pittsburgh - Possible trade up, but doubt it.

I will throw in the towell if the pats draft LenDale White.

The Cards just signed Edge - That takes them out of drafting White.

Cleveland is possible, but not likely. Ditto the Eagles.

Baltimore is the team to watch. It doesnt seem that Jamal will be back, so they would replace him in the draft and LenDale would be a damn good replacement.

Chester Taylor hasnt really proven alot, and LenDale would give the Vikings a new look.

After the Cardinals there arent alot of sure thing suitors for LenDale, so its possible that with a lack of many teams in need of a running back 11-20, combined with some weight and "character" issues that have been linked to LenDale, maybe he is still there at 21.

Then again, LenDale White between 11-20 is probably the BAP on some teams boards.

This is why I want a higher pick than 22, I want to increase the chances that LenDale would be available for us and to eliminate any chances of the pats taking him. Curtis likes Lendale, and it seems that Pennington does to (but who really cares what they think?).

If he is there with our 2nd 1st rd pick, we HAVE to take him.

What is the word out in Patsy land? They looking for a new running back? Dillon done? Whats the deal?

What is the word out in Patsy land? They looking for a new running back? Dillon done? Whats the deal?

There really is no word but if it were me, I would be looking for another back. I will just about guarantee we won't draft White though. That just doesn't seem to be Belichick's style.

Even if he falls to us, we'll never draft him. We would draft another QB before we brough a young RB in to start.

Husker,

Dillon is burnt toast.

Pats need to find a young, strong RB somewhere in the draft.

Split carries with Dillon next year and then hand Corey his walking papers.

Husker,

Dillon is burnt toast.

Pats need to find a young, strong RB somewhere in the draft.

Split carries with Dillon next year and then hand Corey his walking papers.

I know he's burnt, that's why I think we need another RB but looking at Belichick's history, we WILL NOT draft our future running back. It will be another guy who has one or two good seasons left in him. Antowain Smith, Corey Dillon, you get the pattern.

This is from the Pats KFFL message board. As much as I'd love this to happen, there is no way Lendale White falls to 21.

Thoughts?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many have said it's unlikely he'll fall, and I suppose it is. However, a quick look at NFL rosters makes me think it's plausible:

1 Houston - Reggie Bush

2 New Orleans - won't take RB, even with Deuce hurt. Too much $$$ invested.

3 Tennessee - Chris Brown, Travis Henry and not looking RB this high, anyway.

4 New York Jets - re-signed Martin, like Cedric Houston, going QB or D'Brickashaw.

5 Green Bay - possibly, but then why re-up Ahman Green? Also, Davenport returning.

6 *San Francisco - COULD take a RB, but I'm mostly hearing AJ Hawk and other Defensive players.

7 Oakland - LaMont Jordan. Looking D.

8 Buffalo - Willis McGahee

9 Detroit - Kevin Jones

10 *Arizona - POSSIBLE destination for Lendale, but they are hot after Edge.

11 St. Louis - Steven Jackson

12 Cleveland - Reuben Droughns? He's okay, but they could take White. However, they are definitely in need of LB help.

13 *Baltimore - POSSIBLE destination for Lendale.

14 Philadelphia - Possible, but doubtful - They have Westbrook, and they need a WR big time, even if they sign a FA.

15 Atlanta - Warrick Dunn and TJ Duckett. Doubt they draft RB.

16 Miami - Ronnie Brown

17 Minnesota - Just signed Chester Taylor, have a slew of RB's, might be shy.

18 Dallas - Julius Jones and Barber.

19 San Diego - LT, nuff said.

20 Kansas City - Larry Johnson.

21 New England - It is not only possible the Patriots will be staring at Lendale White, it's possible they'll have their pick of the non-Reggie Bush RB's.

22 Denver (from Washington) - trade up? I doubt it.

23 Tampa Bay - Cadillac Williams

24 Cincinnati - Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry.

25 New York Giants - Tiki Barber

26 Chicago - That Texas kid.

27 Carolina - DeShaun Foster signed to 3 year deal.

28 Jacksonville - Trade up? Fred Taylor, Greg Jones.

29 Denver - again, possible but doubt it.

30 Indianapolis - possible but that's a big trade up.

31 Seattle - Shaun Alexander, 8-year deal.

32 Pittsburgh - Possible trade up, but doubt it.

Running backs can slide in the draft because teams usually have the position addressed before the draft. Taking a RB high also requires a very strong commitment to buiding an offense around that player. RB is the one position in college that transitions quickly into The NFL. You can be a star RB and be effective right out the gate where the many other positions come with a learning curve.

There are 4 RB's in this draft who are thought of as feature backs in the first round. Bush, DeAngelo, Maroney and White. Joseph Addai has been working his way up boards and may sneak in to the first round but the top 4 will all go in round one.

Many different teams and scouts have these backs ranked differently. Obviously, Reggie is #1.

If you are looking for a power back, White and Maroney are the way to do. There are some scouts and experts who feel that Maroney is better than White. I don't agree although it's closer than people think. DeAngelo is explosive and is not getting enough pub. Baltimore is the best bet to take the 2nd RB off the board. The real value at RB in this draft is in the later rounds where traditionally good players always slide.

If you are looking for a power back, White and Maroney are the way to do. There are some scouts and experts who feel that Maroney is better than White. I don't agree although it's closer than people think. DeAngelo is explosive and is not getting enough pub. Baltimore is the best bet to take the 2nd RB off the board. The real value at RB in this draft is in the later rounds where traditionally good players always slide.

YJF,

I'd be thrilled with Maroney, but I still believe White will have the better NFL career.

I'm not a big fan of DeAngelo. Yes he is explosive, but way too small to take the the NFL beating that RB's take week in and week out.

YJF,

I'd be thrilled with Maroney, but I still believe White will have the better NFL career.

I'm not a big fan of DeAngelo. Yes he is explosive, but way too small to take the the NFL beating that RB's take week in and week out.

but but.......... you signed corey dillon to a BIG contract he is such a good rb why draft one?

but but.......... you signed corey dillon to a BIG contract he is such a good rb why draft one?

Why do you continue to post foolish comments?

Dillon has one year left on his 3-year deal and it wasn't a "BIG" contract like you would like to believe.

You think the Pats are as stupid as the Jets when the signed CuMar?:eek:

Dillon has one year left on his 3-year deal and it wasn't a "BIG" contract like you would like to believe.

Corey DILLON • Running Back • New England Patriots

Height: 6'1' • Weight: 225 • DOB: 10/24/1974 • Age: 31 • College: Washington

Contract Info: Signed a five-year contract extension worth $25 million on 04/11/2005.

Interpetation---PATS are paying Dillon for past accomplishments.

He'll be cut after 2006 as 10mill of the money was guaranteed.

curtis martin is a future hall of famer how about dillon? read it and weep

the new soup in new england is patriot bisque cooked well done like they are

This has anything to do with the discussion how? Whether he's a HOFer or not doesn't change the fact he was a broken down RB that the Jets foolishly broke the bank on.

This has anything to do with the discussion how? Whether he's a HOFer or not doesn't change the fact he was a broken down RB that the Jets foolishly broke the bank on.

he restructered showing he is a team player

where were you last year when he led the league in rushing?

How many Super Bowl rings did the great Curtis Martin bring the Jets?

I believe the answer to that is zero.

Dillon plays one year with the Pats and has a ring.

You can stick CuMar's HOF trophy up your butt, it's all about winning Super Bowls.

How many Super Bowl rings did the great Curtis Martin bring the Jets?

I believe the answer to that is zero.

Dillon plays one year with the Pats and has a ring.

You can stick CuMar's HOF trophy up your butt, it's all about winning Super Bowls.

sorry e-bag nothing goes up my butt unlike you.

who is your kicker?

he restructered showing he is a team player

where were you last year when he led the league in rushing?

That didn't show that he was a team player. That just showed that he's not an idiot and knew he had exactly zero options.

who is your kicker?

When your offense consistently gets the ball in the end zone, it doesn't matter who your kicker is.

Kinda like the PennyBoy led offense against the Steelers in the playoff game.

3 whopping ponts in 5 quarters but the majority of Jet fans still blame that loss on a kicker.:eek:

When your offense consistently gets the ball in the end zone, it doesn't matter who your kicker is.

Kinda like the PennyBoy led offense against the Steelers in the playoff game.

3 whopping ponts in 5 quarters but the majority of Jet fans still blame that loss on a kicker.:eek:

Both you and Alk show why most Jet Fans are delusional! Dillon has scored 24 rushing TD's in his 2 years as a Pat and in 04 if he had the same carries no rushing title for poor Cumar! Hell if Alexander had 1 more carry no title for the Stat Monkey!! Most Pat fans know Dillons shot,yet most Martinette's would be happy to see the Legend carry till he's 40+! Why? Didn't you know he's a Class Guy,good to his Mommy and goes to church every week! And some wonder why why haven't been to the Bowl in 36 years..:rolleyes:

Both you and Alk show why most Jet Fans are delusional! Dillon has scored 24 rushing TD's in his 2 years as a Pat and in 04 if he had the same carries no rushing title for poor Cumar! Hell if Alexander had 1 more carry no title for the Stat Monkey!! Most Pat fans know Dillons shot,yet most Martinette's would be happy to see the Legend carry till he's 40+! Why? Didn't you know he's a Class Guy,good to his Mommy and goes to church every week! And some wonder why why haven't been to the Bowl in 36 years..:rolleyes:

Stupidity as usual implying most fans don't realize the need for a new back.

Same stupidity that last year implied Dillon had so much less mileage on him that he wouldn't be toast at a younger age than Martin was.

Stupidity in thinking that how or who the FANS root for has anything to do with whether the team wins a SB.

The lengths some go to so they can try and seperate themselves from the rest of the fanbase.

Stupidity as usual implying most fans don't realize the need for a new back.

Same stupidity that last year implied Dillon had so much less mileage on him that he wouldn't be toast at a younger age than Martin was.

Stupidity in thinking that how or who the FANS root for has anything to do with whether the team wins a SB.

The lengths some go to so they can try and seperate themselves from the rest of the fanbase.

Boo-friggn'-hoo.

The majority of Jet fans last year did not realize that Martin was toast.

The vast majority claimed he was still great becuase he won the rushing title the year before.

Savage was one of the few fans who realized this guy was a clown from the beginning and was more hype then substance.

Boo-friggn'-hoo.

The majority of Jet fans last year did not realize that Martin was toast.

The vast majority claimed he was still great becuase he won the rushing title the year before.

Savage was one of the few fans who realized this guy was a clown from the beginning and was more hype then substance.

LOL. Nice handjob TX. I must say you know who to pony up too so you always have alliances in your rubbish.

Again though, if you think the majority of JETS fans don't realize the age when a organization needs to start thinking about replacing it's RB than you are naive.

LOL. Nice handjob TX. I must say you know who to pony up too so you always have alliances in your rubbish.

Again though, if you think the majority of JETS fans don't realize the age when a organization needs to start thinking about replacing it's RB than you are naive.

They drafted Lamont in 01..Then sat him for 4 years without 1 start even when Martin was hurt! Yet 99% of the Jet Fans NEVER wanted to see Jordan get a start! Even in 03 with the Jets out of the playoffs in the month of Dec Martin had 125 carries to 1 for Jordan! If Martin had gone to a Team like the Bengals in 95 you never would have heard of him!:rolleyes: One players Stat's should never be more important then what good for the Team! Without Hackett Martin would have split carries if a OC with a clue was calling the plays!

They drafted Lamont in 01..Then sat him for 4 years without 1 start even when Martin was hurt! Yet 99% of the Jet Fans NEVER wanted to see Jordan get a start! Even in 03 with the Jets out of the playoffs in the month of Dec Martin had 125 carries to 1 for Jordan! If Martin had gone to a Team like the Bengals in 95 you never would have heard of him!:rolleyes: One players Stat's should never be more important then what good for the Team! Without Hackett Martin would have split carries if a OC with a clue was calling the plays!

I'd actuly say that the majority of Jet fans were in favour of Lamont getting carries when Martin was hurt,it's one of the reasons for the anti herm movement that most fans were part of.

I'd actuly say that the majority of Jet fans were in favour of Lamont getting carries when Martin was hurt,it's one of the reasons for the anti herm movement that most fans were part of.

Forget just when Martin was hurt! How about if you have 2 good backs you play them both to keep the Defense off balance and keep both backs fresh! All the Martinette's do is say he won the Rushing title! Yeah by 1 yd and lots more carries! And I'm only on 3 Boards but the Majority of the fans I read said Lamont couldn't carry Martins jock and didn't deserve a start or more then 5 carries a game at most! Well in his 4 years here he didn't even avg that..He got 3.7! All Hail the Stat Monkey!:rolleyes:

Forget just when Martin was hurt! How about if you have 2 good backs you play them both to keep the Defense off balance and keep both backs fresh! All the Martinette's do is say he won the Rushing title! Yeah by 1 yd and lots more carries! And I'm only on 3 Boards but the Majority of the fans I read said Lamont couldn't carry Martins jock and didn't deserve a start or more then 5 carries a game at most! Well in his 4 years here he didn't even avg that..He got 3.7! All the Hail the Stat Monkey!:rolleyes:

They were all just giving me fuel for my Martinette Handbook of Excuses.

To be honest, I was in favor of having a two headed attack featuring Jordan and Martin from the onset, but that never materialized as we all know. You can thank Hermy for that...I don't think it was as much about padding the stats as it was showing allegiance to Martin the vet...either way, Hermy screwed that up big time.

Going to be interesting to see how he handles Holmes (if he's healthy) and Johnson in KC.

Forget just when Martin was hurt! How about if you have 2 good backs you play them both to keep the Defense off balance and keep both backs fresh! All the Martinette's do is say he won the Rushing title! Yeah by 1 yd and lots more carries! And I'm only on 3 Boards but the Majority of the fans I read said Lamont couldn't carry Martins jock and didn't deserve a start or more then 5 carries a game at most! Well in his 4 years here he didn't even avg that..He got 3.7! All the Hail the Stat Monkey!:rolleyes:

Again i'd say that most fans were in favour of Jordan getting those extra carries even when Martin was healthy.He was a great change of pace player and always gave the offense that extra spark when he was in the game.Very few were in favour of Jordan taking over from Martin but in general most jet fans wanted to see more of Jordan.

Archived