Zach Wilson Highlights - Week 13 - Every Pass vs Eagles

A lot more good decisions in this game than we've seen in the past.  Things seem to be slowing down for him, which hopefully leads to some better accuracy next week.  Obviously not ideal, but it's progress.  Something we hadn't really seen much of till today.

One thing that stands out above all is that he actually had time in the pocket.  This OL has really improved over the course of the year.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

A lot more good decisions in this game than we've seen in the past.  Things seem to be slowing down for him, which hopefully leads to some better accuracy next week.  Obviously not ideal, but it's progress.  Something we hadn't really seen much of till today.

One thing that stands out above all is that he actually had time in the pocket.  This OL has really improved over the course of the year.

Agree.  There is still some accuracy issues, but i thinks that more of him pressing and not being used to the speed of the game.  Every rep right now is a learning process and the more reps he gets, the game will slow down more and more.  And when it does, the accuracy will improve.

Today was a step in the right direction for zach wilson.  Very encouraging.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

This^

I think one thing that contributed to his shaky 2nd half was that hit that got put on him. Once he realized the OL was holding up well despite that sack, he settled back in some what.

So note a couple things.  There are very few throws in this where he goes through a full unscripted progression in the pocket .  Its mostly, one read, then throw to the first receiver (possibly with a scripted look away fake, like with the failed go route with Moore).   Also when he doesn't have his first read, he instantly starts to scramble.  That's the usual rookie happy feet problem.  It's also somewhat troubling b/c he scrambles into the rush a few times (indicating again that he had no idea where it was coming from) and I think those jarring hits accumulated and affected his accuracy a little later..

IMO the best throw he had all day was the completion to Crowder on the right hand side to the 6th.  He looks off his man to the center of the field to see if there is a safety, but then turns back to the right and delivers an on time ball.  I like that he didn't stare down Crowder b/c he realized he had man to man in the presnap, and was always going to him.  Still, it was a perfect strike and indicated a nice read and a calm pocket throw....

It actually reminds me a lot of Josh Allen's play in his rookie year. 

• Upvote 1