Mets will surpass Yanks in wins this year

SouthernJet

nice evidence for believing that you stupid piece of trash...

How about this:

The mets have been playing 200% to the level of the yankees this pre-season, if that's any indicator? Randy Johnson has looked like trash, Gaymon got injured, Cano is like 50 pounds overweight, the only good thing going for you is chacon, who will melt down halfway through the year.

Now lets look at the Mets:

Lastings Milledge looking "As Advertised" in the outfield making plays with his glove and slugging home runs... Xavier Nady proving to be a HUGE pickup up in right... Reyes getting on base and having his stolen base total MORE than the entire stolen base total of all teams combined in the WBC. Duaner Sanchez, who everyone talked trash about now is shutting down hitters in the WBC...

maybe you should do your homework

The fact that you're basing your argument on Spring Training exposes how poor it truly is. But, to play along... Johnson has been great his past two starts (2 ER in 11 IP, with 13 K and only 1 BB), Cano has been hitting the ball tremendously, Damon's shoulder has been bad for years, and it won't effect his hitting (as we saw today) nor his fielding and range, and to think Chacon will just melt down the stretch is laughable.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mets will have at least 10 LESS wins then the Yankees at seasons end.

Book it here today.

3/19/06 - JetsFanInSec124 says "The Mets will have at least 10 LESS wins then the Yankees at seasons end."

Well y'know... I get sick of Mets fans, Yankee fans, and Red Sox fans, bickering. Right now, the other two really can't speak to the Yanks, in terms of who's better. Over the past decade, it's the Yankees, then Red Sox, then, in a distant third, the Mets. The Mets fans have an inferiority complex.

Oh, and before the Mets fans get in a tizzy, it was the Tigers who put the Yankees in their 80's slump. Thank ya.

Actually Met fans have no inferiority complex.

We like our current ball club. Nothing wrong with that. This thread is about THIS season and not past history.

Sometimes Stormy ya just need to chill and not feel that you have to make like you have your finger on the pulse of EVERY fanbase.

Nothing wrong w/ Mets-Yankees banter during the spring.

So you agree that you lost the argument but not man enough to admit it at first. See, you got beat by somebody willing to do their homework so really its not that bad. Hopefully I've taught you a lesson here today. Don't present opinions as facts or somebody who cares enough will have a fairly easy time proving you wrong. lets go Yankees.

agree again, the mets will win more than yanks and u show yourself a poor yankee fan not sticking up for them.

If you are so sure of Mets regaining control of NY again why dont you become a mets fan.

Come on, we will take you,,Go Mets.

Again, I agree with Airforce, METS will be #1 this year in NY

agree again, the mets will win more than yanks and u show yourself a poor yankee fan not sticking up for them.

If you are so sure of Mets regaining control of NY again why dont you become a mets fan.

Again, I agree with Airforce, METS will be #1 this year in NY

This has got to be the worst case of wanting to be JBF I've ever seen. Neither of you really bring anything at all to the table but at least his attempts to make people mad worked on a lot of folks. But this...whatever it is you're doing, is accomplishing nothing. Doesn't make sense, doesn't make anybody angry, just makes people with common sense (like myself) shake thier heads. Is this JBF impersonation at his request or is this something you decided to do on your own?

Most Met fans would be more than happy to welcome aboard somebody with a little baseball knowledge but I"m not like the Met "fans" youve described so well in this post. "mets play better, bandwagon fans get off of their asses and come out to the dump known as Shea" Been with the Yanks since '87 and not goin' anywhere.

Most Met fans would be more than happy to welcome aboard somebody with a little baseball knowledge but I"m not like the Met "fans" youve described so well in this post. "mets play better, bandwagon fans get off of their asses and come out to the dump known as Shea" Been with the Yanks since '87 and not goin' anywhere.

we agree again, mets play better

we agree again, mets play better

I never said the mets wouldn't play better this year than they have in years past. Granted it wouldn't be saying much since they've regularly been one of the biggest disappointments in all of sports with the money they spend and lack of results. When was the last time a top ten payroll got them a ring? The mets will definitely improve this year, but that doesn't change the fact that theyre second fiddle to the greatest team in the history of american sports in the Yankees. Don't be ashamed though, there are close to 100 teams in all other sports that wish they had just one fraction of Yankee greatness in the history of their respective franchises. But yes, with the moves the mets have made, they will play better baseball than they have in years past and as a result, fans like yourself will make an attempt to go to more games at Shea this season.

Actually Met fans have no inferiority complex.

We like our current ball club. Nothing wrong with that. This thread is about THIS season and not past history.

Sometimes Stormy ya just need to chill and not feel that you have to make like you have your finger on the pulse of EVERY fanbase.

Nothing wrong w/ Mets-Yankees banter during the spring.

Uh... have you been paying attention? You might not have the complex, but don't speak for the entire fan base. There's clearly an inferiority complex. It's not just my observation from this Spring Training. I've been on these boards for quite a few years, and it's all I've seen. So, while it might not be you... there are others who feel the need to point out every little thing that the Yankees do wrong, where your team has no room to talk.

I never said the mets wouldn't play better this year than they have in years past. Granted it wouldn't be saying much since they've regularly been one of the biggest disappointments in all of sports with the money they spend and lack of results. When was the last time a top ten payroll got them a ring? The mets will definitely improve this year, but that doesn't change the fact that theyre second fiddle to the greatest team in the history of american sports in the Yankees. Don't be ashamed though, there are close to 100 teams in all other sports that wish they had just one fraction of Yankee greatness in the history of their respective franchises. But yes, with the moves the mets have made, they will play better baseball than they have in years past and as a result, fans like yourself will make an attempt to go to more games at Shea this season.

again we agree,,

you put it perfectly whgen you say yanks will this year begin thier '2nd fiddle' status in NY.

well put,,

:cheers:

MVC-018L.JPG

:cheers:

MVC-018L.JPG

I have to give credit where credit is due, I always challenge bandwagon fans to own up to what they really are and it's usually followed by some stats they googled the day before. You however, are willing to own up to it. Good job man, not a real fan but not really afraid to admit it. Hats off to you.

I have to give credit where credit is due, I always challenge bandwagon fans to own up to what they really are and it's usually followed by some stats they googled the day before. You however, are willing to own up to it. Good job man, not a real fan but not really afraid to admit it. Hats off to you.

haha, ya, bored now with it,,

fried in the pan and eaten,,

hook, line and sinker

fish%20fry.jpg

haha, ya, bored now with it,,

fried in the pan and eaten,,

hook, line and sinker

fish%20fry.jpg

Just givin' you props my friend. Time for you to trade in that White Sox and and put on a Mets lid (for the next few months anyway)

• 7 months later...

Archived