Jets Should Look at Drafting BYU RB Tyler Allgeier

17 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

I haven’t seen all the RB’s film yet but Badie and any other guy under 200 and under 5’9” I consider a carbon copy of Carter out of the gate as a start. I know that’s not fair but that’s my first assessment before taking a closer look. 

Try watching them before making pre judgments. He plays very quick and seems more like a Darren spoles type..which Carter doesn’t play like. 

• Sympathy 1

On 1/29/2022 at 7:07 AM, Hal N of Provo said:

This play shows the burst.  He’s not Mormon and wasn’t recruited at all coming out of HS.   He was a walk-on who worked graveyards his freshman year.  

This is a farce. And i'm not sorry. 

Watch the rest of the game. Cherry picking plays is way of the world, but context will rule the day. 

On 1/25/2022 at 5:07 PM, GangGreen Machine said:

I have been looking at a bruiser RB to compliment Michael Carter. What about BYU Running back Tyler Allgeier? At 5'11" 220 lbs, he has a nose for the end zone. Familiarity with Wilson as well as a change of pace from a shifty Michael Carter. This guy looks like an upgrade from Tyler Johnson. Maybe they could take him at pick 68 or 107 depending on draft stock? 

1-4: EDGE George Karlaftis

1-10: Trade into the teens and pick up LB Dean, LB Loyd, or C Linderbaum or Stay at 10 WR Drake London

2-35: S Jaquan Brisker

2-38: TE Trey McBride

3-68: LB Chad Muma

4-107: RB Tyler Allgeier

Honestly…….. not loving this.

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

If he runs a good 40 time he’s going to get drafted.  You are on your own in saying he won’t get picked.  

Respectfully, many "fast 40" guys go undrafted -- and where exactly do you think he's ranked in RB big boards. Of course he's at risk of going undrafted. Will he? I dunno, some idiot thought Monte Ball was a 2nd round pick.... But just as likely to UD as he is to picked up in the later rounds. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Respectfully, many "fast 40" guys go undrafted -- and where exactly do you think he's ranked in RB big boards. Of course he's at risk of going undrafted. Will he? I dunno, some idiot thought Monte Ball was a 2nd round pick.... But just as likely to UD as he is to picked up in the later rounds. 

I saw 4th round a couple places in the same range.  Walter football is the lowest saying 5-7.   

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

I saw 4th round a couple places in the same range.  Walter football is the lowest saying 5-7.   

Dude, every year half of those "day 3" RBs wind up undrafted. There's those top 5-6 guys (which he is most certainly not unanimously part of) and then it's scattered shots. If you love him, keep that flag waving. Lots of underdogs i'm sweet on too.  He's not for me, that's all.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Honestly…….. not loving this.

You give Wilson a stud in London, a TE in McBride, and a backup RB. Draft a depth o lineman in the later 5th That can move around the line. How much more does he need to be successful/adequate? You give the defense 3 starting caliber players that can help turn the defense around and give them a chance to get off the dang field 

11 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

All I’m saying is the Jets “should take a look at drafting him” if he’s in their wheelhouse. Further evaluation will need to be done for sure. The guy just jumps out at me at first glance as being a contributor in a couple facets on this team. 

i noticed you decided to pass over the video i made of him stinking up the joint in every other play vs Boise... 

Lets be real for second. he's probably better than I think he is, and worse than you're selling him as... That aside, he's not a great compliment to carter, and he's not a great scheme fit either. He and Cook are like opposites. He'd be better off backing up the duo in CLE or in PIT 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i noticed you decided to pass over the video i made of him stinking up the joint in every other play vs Boise... 

Lets be real for second. he's probably better than I think he is, and worse than you're selling him as... That aside, he's not a great compliment to carter, and he's not a great scheme fit either. He and Cook are like opposites. He'd be better off backing up the duo in CLE or in PIT 

I watched it. Still think he’d be fine as a backup to keep Carter fresh. We are talking about a day 3 guy here not sure why he is so polarizing for you. But you have the time in on guys and I’m just an average fan so I’ll graciously eat crow if he is UDFA 

37 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

I watched it. Still think he’d be fine as a backup to keep Carter fresh. We are talking about a day 3 guy here not sure why he is so polarizing for you. But you have the time in on guys and I’m just an average fan so I’ll graciously eat crow if he is UDFA 

See this the result i'm trying to avoid.  I don't want bully my fellow fans into submission, I can be won over too. No crow to be eaten, sir.... I watch too much game film and it's tough to balance getting myopic (eg Allgeier in this scheme) vs just letting people have their opinions. If you were just chiming in on a RB thread (in the draft forum), i'd probably stay onside. Starting a thread in the main strip dedicated to Tyler... tougher to ignore the cheese on that trap.  

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

See this the result i'm trying to avoid.  I don't want bully my fellow fans into submission, I can be won over too. No crow to be eaten, sir.... I watch too much game film and it's tough to balance getting myopic (eg Allgeier in this scheme) vs just letting people have their opinions. If you were just chiming in on a RB thread (in the draft forum), i'd probably stay onside. Starting a thread in the main strip dedicated to Tyler... tougher to ignore the cheese on that trap.  

And you shouldn’t ignore it.  Good discussion.   I’ve watched all of his games and that can blind you too.  

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Hahaha, as the average fan still figuring this forum out, I’ll be more considerate with my next topic! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GangGreen Machine said:

You give Wilson a stud in London, a TE in McBride, and a backup RB. Draft a depth o lineman in the later 5th That can move around the line. How much more does he need to be successful/adequate? You give the defense 3 starting caliber players that can help turn the defense around and give them a chance to get off the dang field 

London is a guy I have an issue with. USC hasn’t produced a great #1 WR since Keyshawn. I go Burkes or Wilson if I’m taking a WR early. 

If Hutch, Thibs and Neal gone I’m taking Ojabo over Karlaftis. Guy has huge upside 

There are no right answers now so don’t take it personally 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

London is a guy I have an issue with. USC hasn’t produced a great #1 WR since Keyshawn. I go Burkes or Wilson if I’m taking a WR early. 

If Hutch, Thibs and Neal gone I’m taking Ojabo over Karlaftis. Guy has huge upside 

Nothing personal taken. Fair enough, sounds like the position is there for you but wrong guy. Ojabo is very interesting. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Schools literally have nothing to do with how good a player could be. He might suck, might be great. USC means nothing. 

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Schools literally have nothing to do with how good a player could be. He might suck, might be great. USC means nothing. 

Your opinion. They play in a Conference that pads stats and they play soft. In our offense, you need WR that get YAC and can handle blocking assignments. USC ran an Air Raid offense which is the opposite of our offense. 

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/30/usc-needs-to-stop-playing-in-between-offense-vs-colorado/

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Your opinion. They play in a Conference that pads stats and they play soft. In our offense, you need WR that get YAC and can handle blocking assignments. USC ran an Air Raid offense which is the opposite of our offense. 

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/30/usc-needs-to-stop-playing-in-between-offense-vs-colorado/

Micheal Pittman says hi. 

It’s irrelevant. 

27 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Micheal Pittman says hi. 

It’s irrelevant. 

Ok.... you found one! He had himself a good year. Still doesn't change my mind on London. Kind of disappeared from November onward. 

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD
ATT
YDS
AVG

Career

image.png.40fe6738bb0c4c4e7a46a194169f5395.png

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Ok.... you found one! He had himself a good year. Still doesn't change my mind on London. Kind of disappeared from November onward. 

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD
ATT
YDS
AVG

Career

Didn't he break his ankle in October?  Kind of hard for him to make plays after that.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD
ATT
YDS
AVG

Career

Amon Ra St. Brown and Robert Woods are pretty solid. Playing devils advocate, would you say the same for Wyoming, Oregon, and BYU QB’s? 

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD
ATT
YDS
AVG

Career

Because he was injured, had surgery and missed 3 games, really limited the rest of the season. That’s why players stats tend to disappear. 

If London has the talent to be a playmaker and red zone target, where he went to school is irrelevant. 

7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I think you’re misrepresenting the school. They may not have produced the caliber of WRs that say Alabama has recently, but they have consistently put out WRs who have had careers. Some shorter than others, but not bust city like you’re preposing; Pittman, Juju, Amon Ra, Woods, M Lee, Damian Williams, Steven Smith, Agholor… couple of high profile misses like Dwayne Jarret and Mike Williams (tho I still think he’s resurgence in SEA was amazing) are colouring your lens 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think you’re misrepresenting the school. They may not have produced the caliber of WRs that say Alabama has recently, but they have consistently put out WRs who have had careers. Some shorter than others, but not bust city like you’re preposing; Pittman, Juju, Amon Ra, Woods, M Lee, Damian Williams, Steven Smith, Agholor… couple of high profile misses like Dwayne Jarret and Mike Williams (tho I still think he’s resurgence in SEA was amazing) are colouring your lens 

Maybe he was one of the guys that really expected big things out of Deontay Burnett? 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Because he was injured, had surgery and missed 3 games, really limited the rest of the season. That’s why players stats tend to disappear. 

If London has the talent to be a playmaker and red zone target, where he went to school is irrelevant. 

He missed 3 games in rookie year. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/4035687/michael-pittman-jr

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

You have not convinced me with that list other than Steve Smith. Pittman had a good 17 games with 1k yards.
That said, You guys are missing the forest for the trees. The USC system is does not develop the type of receiver we need

51 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

You have not convinced me with that list other than Steve Smith. Pittman had a good 17 games with 1k yards.
That said, You guys are missing the forest for the trees. The USC system is does not develop the type of receiver we need

USC is not WR "U", I get it. But my hope is the Jets wouldn't discount London that much as to not draft a guy because of that. Hey, I could say I felt the same about Oregon QB's but id hate to miss out on a Justin Herbert just because of the way they traditionally play. He was pretty inaccurate in college but they saw the talent and he landed in a great organization for QB's. BTW, I think the world of Burkes too and would be happy with him there at #10 if the draft falls that way.