Daniel Jeremiah's top 50

6 hours ago, doitny said:

im leaning towards Wilson and Burks cause they seem to get separation which we desperately need for guys to get open. doesnt sound like London is that guy.

just imagine....

Wilson to Wilson for the TD!!!!! nice ring to it. lol

If the coaching staff loved moore they would also love wilson.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

4- Icky

10 - Wilson

35 - Cameron Thomas

38 - Trey Mcbride

All Defense the rest of the way

I like your 1st 2 picks. I would consider Drake London at 10 to be that Mike Evans type of target but Wilson is my 1st choice. 

I hope the Jets move back in the 1st and pick up an Edge like Walker, Johnson or Ojabo. At 38 or 35, I would look at addressing a position that wasn't addressed in Free Agency.

28 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I like your 1st 2 picks. I would consider Drake London at 10 to be that Mike Evans type of target but Wilson is my 1st choice. 

I hope the Jets move back in the 1st and pick up an Edge like Walker, Johnson or Ojabo. At 38 or 35, I would look at addressing a position that wasn't addressed in Free Agency.

This plan assumes at least one S in FA, which is ok, as well as a G.  

So many holes in this roster.  

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

This plan assumes at least one S in FA, which is ok, as well as a G.  

So many holes in this roster.  

Ikem, can play RG then move outside next year.

The Jets should never waste valuable assets in drafting a safety early in the draft. 3rd would be the earliest.

17 hours ago, rtnelson said:

Ekwonu - Last line of the report: "Worst-case scenario, he slides inside and becomes a Pro Bowl-caliber guard."

I'm sold.  Ekwonu at 4 if he's there, WR at 10.

Fant AVT McGovern Ekwonu Becton OL.  Kthx

I'd absolutely love this idea.  At the same time I'm already starting to anticipate some financial/contractual challenges down the road.  Don't get me wrong, it would be a great problem to have if guys like AVT, Ekwonu and even Becton show over the next two years that they're deserving of big money deals, but this could become a very expensive OLine very quickly... and this still doesn't address Center post-McGovern.  But again, I have no problem using a #4, #11, #14 overall picks on the OLine... but couldn't really imagine all 3 still being on the roster in 4 years.

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I'd absolutely love this idea.  At the same time I'm already starting to anticipate some financial/contractual challenges down the road.  Don't get me wrong, it would be a great problem to have if guys like AVT, Ekwonu and even Becton show over the next two years that they're deserving of big money deals, but this could become a very expensive OLine very quickly... and this still doesn't address Center post-McGovern.  But again, I have no problem using a #4, #11, #14 overall picks on the OLine... but couldn't really imagine all 3 still being on the roster in 4 years.

While AVT has definitely shown well, and looking as a potential all pro, there's a decent chance Becton, AVT, and any new draft picks won't be all top 5 at the time of their contract extensions.  If the team is winning and they aren't making pro-bowls, they may be easier and cheaper to keep around than you might think.  Also, if the line is good it's not a terrible place to put money.  Dominate line play wins games.

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2022 at 4:34 PM, Beerfish said:

Beerfish's Jets picks from that list:

4 - Kayvon Thibodeux - Edge

10 - Treylon Burks - WR

35 - Christian Harris - LB

38 - Trey McBride - TE

On 2/1/2022 at 4:44 PM, Untouchable said:

Switch Burks with Wilson and mine would probably be identical.

I'd be quite happy with this. But if we are passing on O-line- adding a Guard or Takle or even versatile Center in the first two rounds, the Jets better get a legit starter in FA. I'd say the same if we passed on a WR at 10 or a TE in Rd. 2.

And I'm not talking about LDT or Feeney, I'm talking about Scherff or Tomlinson or James Daniels or Cappa, one of the top FA Guards. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

I'd be quite happy with this. But if we are passing on O-line- adding a Guard or Takle or even versatile Center in the first two rounds, the Jets better get a legit starter in FA. I'd say the same if we passed on a WR at 10 or a TE in Rd. 2.

And I'm not talking about LDT or Feeney, I'm talking about Scherff or Tomlinson or James Daniels or Cappa, one of the top FA Guards. 

Agreed

At the end of the day, it really comes down to what the Jets do in FA.

Because unless they can land a top free agent wideout or swing a trade for someone like Cooper, I’ll be pretty pissed if one of those Top 40 picks isn’t a receiver.

Davis is more than likely gone after next season and Moore, as much as I like his potential, needs to stay on the field to make a true difference.