Beijing Olympics?

Peace Frog

The only event I’ll watch is the Men’s Downhill (postponed to Tuesday due to high winds) and the Men’s Super G. 

Still can’t believe we’re attending and the white washing by NBC and politicians with what’s going on over there is disgusting. 

When the Speaker of the House needs to warn athletes about criticizing the host country for fear of retaliation (or worse) something is very very wrong. 

• Upvote 2

I'm not a big fan of the Winter Olympics and its events.  Every time I turn it on, curling or women's hockey seems to be front and center.  Or mogul "skiing".  Good lord.

That said, I'm about the biggest Mikaela Shiffrin fan you can imagine.   Just an unbelievable athlete.   Needless to say, i was crestfallen as she wiped out, and was disqualified, on her first run in the GS.  Let's hope Mikaela recaptures her form for the other upcoming events.   She's always been so clutch.

On 2/7/2022 at 1:25 PM, munchmemory said:

hat said, I'm about the biggest Mikaela Shiffrin fan you can imagine.   Just an unbelievable athlete.   Needless to say, i was crestfallen as she wiped out, and was disqualified, on her first run in the GS.  Let's hope Mikaela recaptures her form for the other upcoming events.   She's always been so clutch.

The Chinese probably sprayed the snow with crystallized ice before her run. I would put nothing past that inhumane government.

What's everyone's take on the young American girl Eileen Gu) skiing for China. I hope she did have to cancel her U.S. citizenship. Let her stay in China! There are a few others who did the same (hockey and a couple other sports) because they didn't qualify for the U.S. team.... thats a little more understandable. Ms. GU is obviously playing the $$$$$ card. 

On 2/13/2022 at 12:15 PM, Lith said:

Anyone still paying attention. 

Nice little run for USA Hockey.  Swept through the prelim rounds with wins over China, Germany and Canada.  Earning a bye into the quarterfinals where they will play either Slovakia or Germany on Wednesday.

Keep an eye out for any Rangers potential draft picks! 

I stayed up late last night and watched the first two periods of US Mens hockey vs Slovakia. I was getting into this team because mostly college players, minor leaguers and players in foreign leagues like Sweden, KHL. Kind of reminded a little of 1980 team. So when I went to bed score was 2-1 USA but they were being outshot and outplayed. But I hoped for the best but they ended up being tied 2-2 with 44 seconds left in the 3rd period and then losing in a shootout. We’ve been watching a lot of Olympics if they used our household for Neilson ratings they’d be getting big numbers. 

Curling is a sport you can watch on cable networks at times during the year various matches. I have to admit we hardly ever watch it outside of the Olympics. But for years we’ve followed it during the games. It’s easy to watch you can read a book and follow at the same time kind of like baseball. It’s also a sport most of us can relate to because it’s attainable something I could do. Maybe not well but do-able unlike most of these sports I can’t do. It’s a likable sport.