Top 5 QBs of All Time

Saw a ranking of this on Twitter (due to Mac Jones being ranked #85 overall of NFL players going into this season.  WAY too high, imo). It's very difficult to judge but which 5 QBs would you have?  I think most would have #1 Brady and #2 Montana.  After that it's very difficult.  Both Peyton and Marino were great but didn't win enough in post-season (Peyton's 2nd SB had almost nothing to do with him).  Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre kind of have the same issue too.  But are you going to put Bradshaw in there due to 4 SBs?  I think Elway probably has to make the list (dragged Denver to a few SBs and then won a couple more at the tail end of his career).   Favre?  Staubach?  Aikman?  Steve Young?  I'm pretty much ready to put Mahomes on the list already, tbh.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Saw a ranking of this on Twitter (due to Mac Jones being ranked #85 overall of NFL players going into this season.  WAY too high, imo). It's very difficult to judge but which 5 QBs would you have?  I think most would have #1 Brady and #2 Montana.  After that it's very difficult.  Both Peyton and Marino were great but didn't win enough in post-season (Peyton's 2nd SB had almost nothing to do with him).  Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre kind of have the same issue too.  But are you going to put Bradshaw in there due to 4 SBs?  I think Elway probably has to make the list (dragged Denver to a few SBs and then won a couple more at the tail end of his career).   Favre?  Staubach?  Aikman?  Steve Young?  I'm pretty much ready to put Mahomes on the list already, tbh.

Top 5 QB's and to an extent receivers almost have to be done by era in which they played. The way defense rules have changed, it is very difficult to compare QB's from the 60's and 70's when both them and their receivers could get slammed vs 80's - 90's when the rules tightened a bit to now where it is night and day.

Having said that I am with you on Brady and Montana.

• Upvote 2

I started watching football basically the year Drew Bledsoe got knocked out and Tom Brady started his career (F me right?). 

So with my young history...it's in this order: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Big Ben

Peyton Manning, to me, was just a QB machine built in a lab and I absolutely loved watching him play every chance I could. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I always felt Bradshaw gets way overlooked.  Great teams and great D but if you look at those SB's the Steelers went up against great teams in the playoffs and Bradshaw made a lot of big plays that absent them they lose.  He was great in big spots.

The guy who gets overlooked is Bart Starr.  He was absolutely the key cog in the great Green Bay Packer teams of the 60's.  Teams that I think were the best overall teams in football.   He lead the NFL in completion percentage 4 times.  QBR 4 times,  He rarely turned the ball over and he played in 10 playoff games winning 9 with a QBR of 104.8.  He was a rock under pressure and never buckled.  The other team always blinked first.  

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Brady doesn't make my Top 10: cheating, lax rules on hitting QB, lax rules on WR's , deflated balls, HGH

He should be given the Barry Bonds treatment when being considered for the HOF.

Nope!

I agree that Brady playing in this era makes things look a lot different.