I Give Robert Saleh Mad Props ..

Dunnie

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I’m not making any of this up.

Listen to Saleh’s own words.  Not mine.

His answer to “why are you confident you will turn this team around?” is:

— “I’ve seen it before (with SF)”

— “Sorry, I know I’m repeating myself, but I keep going back to San Francisco.  It took a few years, then next thing you know we’re in the Super Bowl”

That’s my point.  It’s not a plan.  It’s just a lame promise anybody can make.

In his mind I think he’s trying to recreate what happened in SF, but whatever he’s actually doing, it’s not working.

Joe Douglas has given him talent to work with.

This team should be more competitive.

Every coach in the world wants “solid defense” and “efficient offense” bro.  That’s not an actual plan.

I’ve seen it work too. We all have.  All winning teams were built similarly.  I’m not get the outrage.

Salehs been here one season.  Had one of the worst rosters in the league and it couldn’t stay healthy.  With a rookie QB trying to learn the NFL game.  And you expected what 9 wins?

Solid defense and efficient or better is an actual plan when you’re building from scratch.  They’ve played one game and we’ve decided it’s not working

I like positivity from boss: No one likes working for a jerk. However sometimes when it’s over the top it can be used as a tool to cover up not doing your job as well as you should be doing it. The national media loves Saleh. Local not so much. If Saleh isn’t putting in the work the players will start rolling their eyes at the shirt. We don’t know what’s going on day in and day out other than the questionable practice habits and intensity and a very weak Week 1 performance.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Nonsense.

We have the longest playoff drought in the league. One competitive season in the last ten and that was on the back of old men.

This is Joe Douglas’ fourth year. Three if you want to erase his best season. If we aren’t competing this year with his roster, his coach and his QB there’s no reason to think we ever well. Not like he hasn’t had enough resources to invest. The Jets need to start winning games.

No playoffs, fire Joe Douglas?

Hold on here. Mad props? To coach Salesman? Oh jesus effing porkrinds. Mr. all talk, no wins?  Like my elementary school teachers used to say, "mouths shut, pencils out, books open". In the NY Jets cases, its mouths shut and go win some GD football games already.  If they start winning  you'll see how fast things turn to adulation. This guy wants the adulation without doing any winning. They start 0-9 or 0-10 or worse as I  think they will, its all over for him, and again we look for a HC in January.

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Hold on here. Mad props? To coach Salesman? Oh jesus effing porkrinds. Mr. all talk, no wins?  Like my elementary school teachers used to say, "mouths shut, pencils out, books open". In the NY Jets cases, its mouths shut and go win some GD football games already.  If they start winning  you'll see how fast things turn to adulation. This guy wants the adulation without doing any winning. They start 0-9 or 0-10 or worse as I  think they will, its all over for him, and again we look for a HC in January.

I think that's a mad forecast 0-9, I don't see the happening. They'll muddle through in mediocrity. That said, I agree... too much talking and not enough winning. Shut the hell up coach, keep your head down and work like a lunatic until you get out of the eye of the storm. There have been some dodgy personnel decisions on outlier left tackles, qbs and kickers/punters, but less spin and adopt the Belichick school of ambiguity.