Just re-watched Colts vs Patriots-the Pats offense stinks

Mario

This might have been one of the ugliest offensive performances I have ever seen at the NFL level. I actually can understand why Reich got fired after watching that. 

The Colts had 7 3 and outs and one 4 and out. Ehlinger also threw a pick 6 on the 2nd play of a drive in the 4th quarter. 

The Colts didn’t get a non-penalty first down until about 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 

The Pats offense had 13 drives (That’s almost two average games worth of drives) and only managed: 

4 Nick Folk field goals and 203 yards of offense. 

1 TD in which they got that ball at the 2 yard line because of a blocked punt. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Sam Erhlinger would be the 5th string QB for the Jets and our QBs are not world beaters.

As for the Pats as usual they get a gift from the gods when the team they play has a hurt RB, lost faith in their Qb and are suddenly the worst team in the league.

Their offensive gameplan and and oline was atrocious. 

The one drive they actually got into the red zone ended with a Judon sack in which a  4th string HB was tasked with blocking him. 

Boston radio in today’s commute home: Shaq Leonard and CJ Mosley both were calling out their plays the past 2 weeks, something like offense had 20% of their plays went for zero or negative yards vs. us, and 38% vs. Colts.

They literally won because Jets and Colts offense just handed them the game.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Boston radio in today’s commute home: Shaq Leonard and CJ Mosley both were calling out their plays the past 2 weeks, something like offense had 20% of their plays went for zero or negative yards vs. us, and 38% vs. Colts.

They literally won because Jets and Colts offense just handed them the game.

And the refs. 

• Upvote 3

They suck this year. I still can't believe they lost despite saying that they would. They had so many opportunities to win and blew them all. That loss I put mostly on Zach and JFM's penalty, and I'm glad Zach made it up the next game. I'm worried there's going to be a similar game after the bye but I'm hoping. Pats should be a team the Jets beat handily 9/10 times, but BB can't ever be written off, especially against the Jets.

36 minutes ago, Hex said:

They suck this year. I still can't believe they lost despite saying that they would. They had so many opportunities to win and blew them all. That loss I put mostly on Zach and JFM's penalty, and I'm glad Zach made it up the next game. I'm worried there's going to be a similar game after the bye but I'm hoping. Pats should be a team the Jets beat handily 9/10 times, but BB can't ever be written off, especially against the Jets.

Our entire team was just too hyped up for the game. Hopefully they can play with discipline like they did against Buffalo

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Our entire team was just too hyped up for the game. Hopefully they can play with discipline like they did against Buffalo

That is the difference I see with this team. If it were the Same Old Jets, they would come off the loss to the Pats all down and sad and follow up with an even worse performance against the Bills. 

SOJ would also follow up a win with too much confidence but sloppy play and lose an easy game the next week. Hopefully that's not still here. Happens to the best of teams sometimes though.

2 hours ago, Mario said:

This might have been one of the ugliest offensive performances I have ever seen at the NFL level. I actually can understand why Reich got fired after watching that. 

The Colts had 7 3 and outs and one 4 and out. Ehlinger also threw a pick 6 on the 2nd play of a drive in the 4th quarter. 

The Colts didn’t get a non-penalty first down until about 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. 

The Pats offense had 13 drives (That’s almost two average games worth of drives) and only managed: 

Yep, that offense has a bunch of second and third tier players. I still can't  believe we lost that game to them. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Sam Erhlinger would be the 5th string QB for the Jets and our QBs are not world beaters.

As for the Pats as usual they get a gift from the gods when the team they play has a hurt RB, lost faith in their Qb and are suddenly the worst team in the league.

Meh, Taylor has sucked all season except for thebfirst game. I know, he is on my fantasy team and I am getting destroyed because he is so bad and injured.

2 hours ago, Hex said:

It is Saleh's job to have the team in a frenzy before we play them. If we lose, it is on the CS

They actually have underrated players, but the play calling is atrocious.  Like worst in the NFL bad.

They have a qb that had one of the better rookie years in recent memory, that doesn’t understand the new system, and everything that he did well last year, is a weakness this year.  He’s regressing so fast, he might not be in the league for long if this continues. 

They have a talented Oline (one of the best lines last year) that was recruited to be mostly traditional scheme, yet they inexplicably moved to zone blocking, only to ditch it when it was a disaster.  Consequently they’re several games behind the curve.

They had a very weird draft, where they took players many rounds earlier than they needed too.  Admittedly they are mostly working out for them, but still they could have secured additional assets as well if they had played the field properly.

All in all, this looks like slippage in the front office and in the coaching staff is primarily to blame here.  Is BB finally showing his age?

The Pats' offense stinks yet they owned us in that game.  (well, only after JFM's massive screw-up).  BB just knows how to steal games.  We'll see how this next game goes.  Should be very interesting to see if BB can come up with more brilliance to beat us.  I do think we're the more talented team but BB is always a threat.  It's no surprise at all that ZW played his worst game against him.  

11 hours ago, Mario said:

I watched the game on rewind.  Amazingly ugly.  Reminded me a lot of Jets Colts games when the Colts were in our division.   One caution while it was ugly, NE is very good at making games ugly and winning them.   

NE did a pretty good job of turning the game against us ugly and dominating TOP.   There D is good and their O while somewhat pathetic still gets a lot of tough yards and manages to win TOP in lots of games.

Jest need to get a lead and force NE to score TD's.  NE loves to play these mucky games.  Folk is practically automatic and NE is very content to hang onto a lead and kick FG.