Mets sign Correa!!

LockeJET

I have to say I absolutely love this. So many Mets fans have been vocal about the Yankees payroll over the years.

Now the Yankees are just another mid market team trying to survive.

On an unrelated note once the weather warms up we will be doing a series of bake sales and car washes to help pay for Judge's deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Another childish response.

I don't care about this in the least. It doesn't affect the Yankees in any way. If anything, it probably helps wake up the loser Hal Stenibrenner a little. So, thanks, Steve.

I just find it hilarious. No self awareness at all from the fanbase. You're celebrating things you hated on for a long time.

I hope them the best. Nothing is better in baseball summer than when both NY teams are good. I'd love another Subway Series. But from a pure baseball perspective, I'm not overly impressed. I'd still take the Braves or Dodgers as the favorites in the NL.

Mets fans havent complained about the Yankees payroll.  
Talk about self awareness.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JetPotato said:

You're fun (in your stupidity). 

It's hilarious, honestly, that you think this meme is even fitting for this situation. Tells me a lot about you and reinforces what I said about Mets fans in general. No self awareness, and you typically seem to be getting ahead of yourself (what have they won again?)

What exactly am I supposed to be upset about? That Cohen is driving prices up to where only big market teams are going to be able retain stars, one of which I root for? He's basically blowing up the entire system that was built to punish George years ago. The timing is actually wonderful. Today is Judge's press conference and I'm sure the media will be pounding away at Hal/Brian on questions about Cohen's spending. 

I feel for Giants fans. This offseason has been a train wreck for them. 

Were you this pissed when George drove the price up for players and payrolls for years and years?  
Self awareness is funny 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have to say I absolutely love this. So many Mets fans have been vocal about the Yankees payroll over the years.

Now the Yankees are just another mid market team trying to survive.

On an unrelated note once the weather warms up we will be doing a series of bake sales and car washes to help pay for Judge's deal.

I’ve lived my entire life without a Mets title.  At this point…I don’t give 2 sh*ts about payroll anymore.  Especially after seeing several good Mets teams fail in large part over the years due to a lack of spending.

It’s long overdue a NY team operates like a big boy ball club.   

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’ve lived my entire life without a Mets title.  At this point…I don’t give 2 sh*ts about payroll anymore.  Especially after seeing several good Mets teams fail in large part over the years due to a lack of spending.

It’s long overdue a NY team operates like a big boy ball club.   

The Mets had that pitching staff for years and needed bats. We will see how this works out but this seems crazy. Dream teams don't usually work out and I don't understand why.

The Mets have age in the top of the rotation but are loaded everywhere. 380mm wow.

It will be a fun season. Will be nice to see buzz at Citi Field again. This owner is leaving nothing to chance.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Mets had that pitching staff for years and needed bats.

Years is an overstatement. That staff was plagued by themselves as much as they were the lack of offense. I don't think they even had a stretch where all 5 guys were in the rotation at the same time. Tolo carried the team on his back in 2016 and by 2017 their #2 was Gsellman.

On 12/21/2022 at 3:12 AM, LockeJET said:

12 years 315 mil

wow!!! What an off season. Let’s go!

I’m getting nervous regarding Correa! Questions on medicals

https://metsmerizedonline.com/rosenthal-mets-concerned-with-correa-physical/

On 12/21/2022 at 10:08 AM, Rangers9 said:

Correa is scheduled for a presser to sign with the Giants it’s cancelled and two days later he signs with the Mets (for less money). I thought the reason they cancelled the presser was uncertainty about his physical. I guess the story will come out. Did the Giants get cold feet or were there legit questions about his health. Correa is a great player but Mets already have a 300 million plus shortstop. Personally I like Escobar he carried the Mets offensively for a stretch last year plus he’s a good defensive third baseman. I’m for players getting good contracts but not for teams buying championships. And it doesn’t always work out that way sometimes lower budget teams very competitive like the Rays. 

On 12/21/2022 at 9:42 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

From Reddit:

image.png.01577c3efd1de8c883b3df4b5ab7baca.png