Mets sign Correa!!

LockeJET

55 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I'm still in shock, @32EBoozer remember that bat, somewhere, somehow we needed???? woot woot!!!!!!

We will finally have someone protecting Alonzo!! Pretty deep lineup.

Nimmo

Marte

Lindor

Alonzo

Correa

McNeil

Canha/Escobar/

DH

Any one of 4 Catchers!!

35 minutes ago, doitny said:

probably going to trade Escobar unless hes the DH. 

• Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, doitny said:

i LOVE STEVE COHEN!!!!!

suck it Yankees!!

LOL

What does this have to do with the Yankees? It's so funny as a Yankees fan watching this unfold. Mets fans were forever hating on the Yankees' willingness to spend and "ruin baseball", now they love it when their guy does it.

By the way, this is unprecedented. Not even George Steinbrenner went this far. The Mets are approaching a $500 million payroll. They'll spend >60% more than the 2nd biggest payroll (and aren't going to win a thing). They're going to pay more in luxury tax than a handful of teams spend on payroll.

"Uncle Stevie" (dumbest nickname I've ever heard, but in line with "Timmy Trumpet" or whatever that stupid thing is) is about to learn a hard lesson. Not that he cares. The real-life Bobby Axelrod will just keep stealing money to feed his hobbies. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Cry Baby Football GIF by Parship

Another childish response.

I don't care about this in the least. It doesn't affect the Yankees in any way. If anything, it probably helps wake up the loser Hal Stenibrenner a little. So, thanks, Steve.

I just find it hilarious. No self awareness at all from the fanbase. You're celebrating things you hated on for a long time.

I hope them the best. Nothing is better in baseball summer than when both NY teams are good. I'd love another Subway Series. But from a pure baseball perspective, I'm not overly impressed. I'd still take the Braves or Dodgers as the favorites in the NL.

• Upvote 1

Someone is getting traded. Multiple trades possibly. Escobar and McCann possibly. Baty in a bigger deal is also possible. Definitely some options now after adding Correa. After the next two years, you have Sherzer, Verlander, McCann, Canha, Escobar, Cano, Robertson, Quintana, Narvaez, Ottavino coming off the books. That’s $177 million coming off the books in the next two years. So definitely room for Ohtani and then resigning Alonso and possibly McNeil. Could be a big trade, still coming with some of the youngsters, but Mauricio could end up playing second base if they don’t eventually sign McNeil. Alonso it’s gonna get somewhere around 300 million. They are going to have $1 billion infield. Lol

28 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Someone is getting traded. Multiple trades possibly. Escobar and McCann possibly. Baty in a bigger deal is also possible. Definitely some options now after adding Correa. After the next two years, you have Sherzer, Verlander, McCann, Canha, Escobar, Cano, Robertson, Quintana, Narvaez, Ottavino coming off the books. That’s $177 million coming off the books in the next two years. So definitely room for Ohtani and then resigning Alonso and possibly McNeil. Could be a big trade, still coming with some of the youngsters, but Mauricio could end up playing second base if they don’t eventually sign McNeil. Alonso it’s gonna get somewhere around 300 million. They are going to have $1 billion infield. Lol

Since we've come this far, we might as well add Shohei Ohtani, too!  LOL

We have a $384M payroll right now.  That's bonkers!  Can't imagine how much tickets will cost next year, even in the "cheap seats".  

16 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Correa is so overrated, but it's nice that he's spending.

His 2022 stats are not amazing but I guess that's the going rate for players these days?  He won GG and whatever Platinum Glove is but at SS.  He'll be playing 3B for us. 

Crazy offseason but we'll see how it works out.  Should be good in the short-term, at least.  Still not sure we're better than the Braves but we'll see.  

image.png.60ddf7ece863f84c657bc3fd3bdf12e0.png

Correa is scheduled for a presser to sign with the Giants it’s cancelled and two days later he signs with the Mets (for less money). I thought the reason they cancelled the presser was uncertainty about his physical. I guess the story will come out. Did the Giants get cold feet or were there legit questions about his health. Correa is a great player but Mets already have a 300 million plus shortstop. Personally I like Escobar he carried the Mets offensively for a stretch last year plus he’s a good defensive third baseman. I’m for players getting good contracts but not for teams buying championships. And it doesn’t always work out that way sometimes lower budget teams very competitive like the Rays. 

• Upvote 1