So is Joe Douglas getting fired?

Matt39

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

13-35 record. 13 wins in 3 seasons, regardless of Maccagnan has to raise eyebrows. Jeremiah and Schraeger can only run cover for so long. He’s not getting it done.

Obviously you have made your point loud and clear with your FAKE drunk dream from last night.

I mean.

Going into his 5th season next year as the GM we have no answer at QB, and our offensive line needs to be entirely rebuilt again. Arguably the 2 most important things on the team. And we have no more surplus of draft capital, and wont be drafting in the top 10. While also likely having to make some tough decisions on the roster with the amount of capital we have spent.

On the cusp of a 4th losing season with him as GM, and no playoffs.

Next year should be playoffs or he is fired. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I'm fascinated by how many fans give JD a pass on Wilson.

Everyone understand the missed pick is why the Jets are where they are right? Had he got the QB right we be playoff bound. 

True. But the rest of the roster being how it is, is also why they were still in the playoff race and competitive all season. 

It was a massive whiff but I’m hoping with this experience they know what they want and what to look for. What not to look for. 

18 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Next year then? Who gets held accountable for this train wreck?

What train wreck? What were the expectations coming in?  We know we have a grip of good players now. Let's continue building next year and getting better.  Rome not built in 2 or 3 days.  

1 minute ago, gdfodder said:

What train wreck? What were the expectations coming in?  We know we have a grip of good players now. Let's continue building next year and getting better.  Rome not built in 2 or 3 days.  

But it did burn down in 1

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I'm fascinated by how many fans give JD a pass on Wilson.

Everyone understand the missed pick is why the Jets are where they are right? Had he got the QB right we be playoff bound. 

Not giving him a pass.  The penalty for missing so badly with the Wilson pick is that the leash gets tighter:  He HAS to get it right at QB this offseason.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not giving him a pass.  The penalty for missing so badly with the Wilson pick is that the leash gets tighter:  He HAS to get it right at QB this offseason.  

He did bring in white so if white becomes decent that’s something.  I hope he just keeps stocking the roster, building the lines so the qb whether it’s white, carr or someone else has a team around him. 

• Post of the Week 1