So is Joe Douglas getting fired?

Matt39

I like Douglas for the most part and Saleh won me over this year but if they don’t come out of this season .500 I think it’s okay to have reasonable concerns about them. But neither are going anywhere this off-season. If they muff 2023 because of another poor offensive display (particularly at QB) then we can absolutely have that conversation.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He drafted Zach Wilson and Mechi Becton in the first round. Two if the biggest busts in NFL history.

Don’t try and defend yourself, it’s a lost cause.  He’s not getting fired and shouldn’t.  As much as it would make you happy

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Don’t try and defend yourself, it’s a lost cause.  He’s not getting fired and shouldn’t.  As much as it would make you happy

Douglas picked a quarterback who was benched for Chris Streveler. He’s a dollar store Doug Flutie. The Jets are missing the playoffs for the 13th year in a row. Our fanbase is delusional. 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Douglas picked a quarterback who was benched for Chris Streveler. He’s a dollar store Doug Flutie. The Jets are missing the playoffs for the 13th year in a row. Our fanbase is delusional. 

What does that have to do with anything.  1 rd QBs miss more than not.  
Not that it matters but 12 in a row if White can’t get us in the next 2 weeks.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What does that have to do with anything.  1 rd QBs miss more than not.  
Not that it matters but 12 in a row if White can’t get us in the next 2 weeks.  

Becton and Wilson on the resume and an epic collapse is fireable. The team is getting worse. Breece Hall isn’t a permanent hall pass. 

• Upvote 1

This was a very important season for Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh, and in my opinion, they delivered.

The Jets need to find a QB. It's complete nonsense to give a GM one shot at drafting a quarterback when it's clearly the most difficult position to evaluate, predict, and hit on in the NFL.

Resign Mike White, bring in another veteran, and draft another prospect.

This is a young team that is set up for success if they can get the QB position right.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I personally LOVE Douglas. Getting the QB wrong is a tough pill to swallow though. But guaranteed the Jets aren’t getting a better GM if he’s fired

It’s always fire everyone. Like, oh! Let’s magically fire Saleh and hire Sean Payton. Yeah, that’ll happen. Fire Douglas and hire a clone of Ozzie Newsome. Part of the reason this team is a national embarrassment is the neverending turnover. We finally have signs of life at GM and HC (and I am PIIIIISSSSED at Saleh right now) and let’s boot them because we didn’t win ten games after fielding the worst team in NFL history two years ago.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Who’s the quarterback next season?

“ anyone “ but Zach Wilson is a first start. Other than that who knows. Lot of teams don’t have that answer yet either. Not even team we share stadium with. Will have to see who is available, if they want to come here, how much $$$. Unless it’s jimmy G, probably another vet who will compete with Mike white, or another if he walks away. Zach will be number 3.

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

It’s always fire everyone. Like, oh! Let’s magically fire Saleh and hire Sean Payton. Yeah, that’ll happen. Fire Douglas and hire a clone of Ozzie Newsome. Part of the reason this team is a national embarrassment is the neverending turnover. We finally have signs of life at GM and HC (and I am PIIIIISSSSED at Saleh right now) and let’s boot them because we didn’t win ten games after fielding the worst team in NFL history two years ago.

I genuinely like the GM and HC for the first time in a LONG time. The roster is loaded.

The QB and a couple key injuries destroyed the season, mostly the QB. 

Also Woody Johnson is garbage. That doesn’t really help

I hate the OC too actually tho 

• Upvote 1

He won;t be getting fired but he 100% deserves heat.  The two most important picks a gm can make are LT and QB and he had a #2 and #11 to make it happen.  He seems to have utterly struck out on both, as in spectacular fails.

He needs to take strong action to upgrade QB for next year, no half measures.

Just now, HessStation said:

I genuinely like the GM and HC for the first time in a LONG time. The roster is loaded.

The QB and a couple key injuries destroy the season, mostly the QB. 

Also Woody Johnson is garbage. That doesn’t really help

Well, for once, it seems Woody has gotten the GM right and has let that GM hire his HC who’s improved the team greatly in a year. The QB position is a sh*tshow but Douglas and Saleh have shown more than enough to keep going. Fire Douglas is the clownest of clown takes on this board in recent memory.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

This was a very important season for Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh, and in my opinion, they delivered.

The Jets need to find a QB. It's complete nonsense to give a GM one shot at drafting a quarterback when it's clearly the most difficult position to evaluate, predict, and hit on in the NFL.

Resign Mike White, bring in another veteran, and draft another prospect.

This is a young team that is set up for success if they can get the QB position right.

Exactly what they have to do. Mike White vs … then Zach with red shirt on ENTIRE yr. At his best hope, let him compete for spot in 2024 as last ditch effort. Definitely not in 23. He is nowhere good enough to even be the number 2.