Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Got to here, “decent chance” based in what? Explain this, because it seems just as likely a power role would be wary of traps. 

If there are multiple traps out there that out roles, I would think scum is more wary of that than even a town power role.  Clear scum role gets outed, we lynch that player with a quickness.  Town power role gets outed, they obviously don't die right away...

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You were confused when told Verbal got hit with a trap and lost his ability to vote today, so yes, it sounded like you missed it.  And you're still confused so.....

Again, I have no idea what you're talking about.  Verb and Barry happened and then I asked the question to Nolder that gave clarity to the entire game, about the traps.  This is narrative building.  I didnt miss sh*t and was never confused. 

On 1/12/2023 at 1:33 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Day 1 is 95 % sh*tposting until something happens.  Usually Ape shows up and finds a shiny object he's sure is scum.  That player gets mad and votes Ape back (otherwise known as an OMGUS post - Oh My God U Suck).  Ape finds a new shiny object and the process repeates. 

Then the game starts for reals.  

You left out the part where I normalized finding scum in D1.

23 hours ago, jgb said:

Thanks but I don’t trust knowitalls. Watch your back.

I think you’re safe with 80 then.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

Again, I have no idea what you're talking about.  Verb and Barry happened and then I asked the question to Nolder that gave clarity to the entire game, about the traps.  This is narrative building.  I didnt miss sh*t and was never confused. 

Ohhhh ok I see now.  It all stemmed from this post:

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

You’re saying one time, what happened to Verbal?

I thought you were asking Crusher what happened to Verbal.  Not pointing out that a trap had happened to Verbal.  lmao.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Ohhhh ok I see now.  It all stemmed from this post:

I thought you were asking Crusher what happened to Verbal.  Not pointing out that a trap had happened to Verbal.  lmao.  

Ok so he didn’t miss the traps but he did want to cut Barry’s arms and legs off then count them to validate that 2+2=4

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I don't think Nolder would sacrifice a game that already feels complex by giving a first-timer a scum role.  Which puts you and him in my town pile.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

BTW: this link helped me when I first got started: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

Awful. Roles are assigned at random.

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gross WIFOM/gaming the mod.  For one, I'm pretty sure Nolder randomizes alignments like most mods do.  But even if he didn't, it's not the worst idea to intentionally put a newbie on a scum team.  Gives him teammates to converse with and learn the game a bit.

unvote vote Greenpeen

Good catch.

21 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

OMGUS, throwing our precious little lambs to slaughter I see.  Very suspect. 

vote80

Awful.

21 hours ago, Beaver said:

Pusspop?

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

OMGUS

Vote Barry

21 hours ago, Beaver said:

Unvote Barry

Vote Pac

Flip-flop to biggest train?

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seems to me a trap might be more of a detriment to scum than town from what we’ve seen so far.  A deputy getting outed D1?  Eh, not a HUGE deal.  Scum role getting outed D1?  Far bigger deal.

Is this the first mention of deputy = town?

20 hours ago, jgb said:

@Jetsfan80 is scum.

The evidence:

-He has been active all day in the thread. I set a trap for him. Of the very few of my posts he did not react or respond to were the three where I insinuate or directly suggest he is scum. The odds of this being a coincidence are very low.

-He has — quite skillfully I must admit — created a voting bloc against @Pac without arousing suspicion that it’s the result of behind-the-scenes coordination.

-His attempts to sow doubt against the assertion that @Nolder would not make a new player a scum is classic deflection. I know that of the two new players — at least one, me — is not scum and for now I’m operating under the assumption that @Lurker is not, as well.

Therefore:

unvote jgb

vote JetsFan80

I invite my fellow townies to follow suit and kill a scum in round 1. Let’s grab an early advantage here and put the scum on their heels.

You’re awesome.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I didn't say it was a big deal. I say I don't like it. 

I disagree that it's stupid that we need blood. The only concrete info we have right now is that Jif is a dumbass and I am deputy doody. A dead body gives real information that we can use.

Go ahead and defend your stupidity. I’m still catching up.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Possibly?  But the Mafia Wiki has Deputy as only a town role and the rare times its been used here its always been a town role.  Thought that was a safe assumption at the time.  

omg you disgusting pig.  all lovey dovey w/ him but I challenge the consensus logic and you go all trolly wolly lol Jiffy wiffy?  

GFY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Possibly?  But the Mafia Wiki has Deputy as only a town role and the rare times its been used here its always been a town role.  Thought that was a safe assumption at the time.  

It is safe. Deputy is backup cop and not always self aware (until cop dies) which explains Barry’s confusion upon his own reveal.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

omg you disgusting pig.  all lovey dovey w/ him but I challenge the consensus logic and you go all trolly wolly lol Jiffy wiffy?  

GFY!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!  Ape was being nice about it and just asking a question.  He also didn't question Deputy being a town role, he asked if that was the first mention.  And he didn't immediately fling himself into a "KILL BARRY KILLLLLL" mode.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

It is safe. Deputy is backup cop and not always self aware (until cop dies) which explains Barry’s confusion upon his own reveal.

I know you found this on the interwebz, but we've never played it this way.  In fact, Deputy has been used a fake reveal by scum in games.  I've never even heard of a "retired cop" till this game.  Hence why I'm a little challenged w/ this all. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol!  Ape was being nice about it and just asking a question.  He also didn't question Deputy being a town role, he asked if that was the first mention.  And he didn't immediately fling himself into a "KILL BARRY KILLLLLL" mode.

omg, I want to choke you right now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

I know you found this on the interwebz, but we've never played it this way.  In fact, Deputy has been used a fake reveal by scum in games.  I've never even heard of a "retired cop" till this game.  Hence why I'm a little challenged w/ this all. 

Anybody else have a recollection of this?  I sure don't.  

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

has it ever been used as a fake reveal by the mod?

derp GIF

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JiFields said:

Barry is saying he's really VT, so I dont know that all these "traps" are giving us accurate information.  I say we kill Barry to find out, personally. 

Nolder maturation into finding patience, quickly ended.  lmfao

We playing mafia, bitches!!!!!!!

Guys legit, there is an easy D1 path here; there was a trap set that called Barry "Deputy", he is claiming that he's really VT.  We need to verify this because otherwise, we're clearing players based on these "traps".  

I'm great w/ continuing the conversation and maybe another angle presents itself but this is literally a nobrainer decision.

Here is how I entered the game w/ my final thoughts.  80 is saying that I was all "kill kill kill kill Barry".  wtf?  lol

Literally said lets play this out but I believe in this path and homebody is painting it like I came in balls to the wall

Just now, JiFields said:

Here is how I entered the game w/ my final thoughts.  80 is saying that I was all "kill kill kill kill Barry".  wtf?  lol

Literally said lets play this out but I believe in this path and homebody is painting it like I came in balls to the wall

Barry is saying he's really VT, so I dont know that all these "traps" are giving us accurate information.  I say we kill Barry to find out, personally. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Then maybe “mafia” are the good guys this game since words no longer have any meaning 

• Haha 1