Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hard to say without being in the situation with fellow scum influence but I do think I would be. And now that I have a established a playing style and pattern that is so visible I wouldn’t have a choice going forward anyway.

Everyone THINKS they'll play scum exactly as they would as town but its very hard to pull off.  

On 1/12/2023 at 10:09 AM, Pac said:

I like it.. 

Vote Pac

22 hours ago, jgb said:

Vote @jgb. Only an idiot would trust him. And I’m no idiot.

19 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I'm over here putting the gun in Dents hand like: 

the joker GIF by hoppip

Unvote Vote Lurker89 

15 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Listen you son of a **** ?, I double dog dare you to follow through and build a coalition od the willing to off my ****ass.

You already compared me to your s***ty boss, a fate worse than death, You want to kill me do it. 

But know its a will lead to a comedy of errors you do not yet fully comprehend.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

I'll start the coalition for you.

Vote Lurker89 

15 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Or better yet, I'm already over trying to explain stupid

Unvote

Vote JiF 

solid d1 so far guys

Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nolder:  Hey guys, for the first game of the Mafia season (after not having a Mafia season last year), with 3 brand new players, here's a mechanic I've been toying with:   A game that town cannot possibly win.  

Thoughts?

Why would 1x godfather type post make things unwinnable?

So Barry is a deputy that had no idea he was a deputy?

Just now, Arsis said:

“The Deputy may or may not be self-aware (if not, they will receive a Vanilla Townie Role PM). Occasionally a self-awareDeputy is called a Retired Cop.“

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Lynching dumb town is an addition by subtraction for town 

Only if there aren't better options out there.  But there is at least one, so no thanks.

And JiF, if indeed town, really is pretty good at this game when he gets rolling and isn't having an emo meltdown.  He stumbled out of the gates so I can see how you think he sucks but he doesn't.  

He needs to read this quote and take it to heart:

“The reporter asked, "why did you play so hard."

"Because there might have been somebody in the stands today who'd never seen my play before, and might never see me again"

-Joe DiMaggio”

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

You’ll have a good vantage point 

89906D12-A9D9-4A3A-A549-7EE1320FC451.jpeg.2feb2257d3395fdf6472450aa34f192b.jpeg

All aboard the JiF train!

I started the day 69.69% sure you were scum.   Significantly lower today.  

Who would scum like to kill most of all based on  info so far?  Barry.  

Who is JiF trying to kill in the name of a test?  Barry.

I See You Reaction GIF by Pantaya

Unvote 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You mean the mechanic that happen once? Haha 

The first game of Mafia I ever played was Lily's Clue Mafia game.  There were traps in that one.  I accidentally stumbled on one and got @SMC killed.  You never forget your first.

But yeah, that was what....12 years ago or something crazy like that?  

• Haha 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Only if there aren't better options out there.  But there is at least one, so no thanks.

And JiF, if indeed town, really is pretty good at this game when he gets rolling and isn't having an emo meltdown.  He stumbled out of the gates so I can see how you think he sucks but he doesn't.  

He needs to read this quote and take it to heart:

“The reporter asked, "why did you play so hard."

"Because there might have been somebody in the stands today who'd never seen my play before, and might never see me again"

-Joe DiMaggio”

Like they always advise you when taking a standardized test — when it doubt go with your first instinct. He has time to redeem himself before the deadline. You should hope he does not :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The first game of Mafia I ever played was Lily's Clue Mafia game.  There were traps in that one.  I accidentally stumbled on one and got @SMC killed.  You never forget your first.

But yeah, that was what....12 years ago or something crazy like that?  

I can honestly tell you I’m not even sure I even played that game. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can honestly say I remember none of this and your memory is impressive, lol.  

I believe you and I will adjust my thinking accordingly.  Greenpeen went from like 75 % scum in my mind down to more like a 40 % shot.  But I'm keeping my vote there for now anyways because honestly, I'm confused why more people aren't voting him.  No one but you has brought up his meta to this point.

I’ll be (real life) moving today and tomorrow.  I didn’t think it would be a major issue but the idiots at AT&T cut my internet earlier than I wanted and I get spotty Hot spots.  I’ll be reconnected at my new place this afternoon.

I’ll say this… my first Mafia game was a gay wedding between JiF and Crushlove and since then I’ve always tried to play into the characters we’ve been given… I thought that was half the fun.

Reading through this game it’s pretty obvious that players will ping themselves by standing out and I don’t need to go into my typically deep over meta. Though fwiw, I think a game that allows for players to “game the mod” might be a fun game to play…it would imply that we could solve the mystery of who’s who by piercing together clues and not relying on poker faces. 

For me the player who is clearly playing above his weight class is jgb.  It’s not just his activity level it’s the terminology and the advanced logic; it’s his refusal to follow JiF who he says he knows to be a good player. Why push back so hard on a player I’m your first game when you’re “learning”.  

It reeks of coaching. 

REEEEEEEKS

7 minutes ago, Arsis said:

We saw 2 traps deploy in like the first 10 minutes of the game.  Suffice it to say there are more coming.  On crazy mechanic/bastard modding instance would be bad enough.  But multiple?  Yeah, I'd say that would make things pretty unwinnable for town.  

That's why I have to think the 2nd sentence in your post is indeed accurate, at least for the time being.  Barry is a "Retired Cop" who didn't know he was deputy.  Taking that as anything other than face value until more info comes in is just gaming the mod.

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

I haven’t targeted/voted for you. To the rest, I concur.

Targeted for "internet bloodsport" ie ripping on each other to get to a point wherein the loser actually gets mad and makes a fool of themselves through unveiling actual emotion.

A game that between us should have no actual winner because we're devoid of emotion and better than that... you pretenious dandy ****.

9 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I started the day 69.69% sure you were scum.   Significantly lower today.  

Who would scum like to kill most of all based on  info so far?  Barry.  

Who is JiF trying to kill in the name of a test?  Barry.

I See You Reaction GIF by Pantaya

Unvote 

He may have been speed reading to catch up and just skimmed over the reveal and discussion how a deputy isn’t always self-aware. But now — if he’s town — he’s unwilling to just admit he goofed. That makes him unreliable and a liability.

The only appropriate punishment is a quick 6 foot drop.

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I can honestly tell you I’m not even sure I even played that game. 

Yep, you did!  

Check out that lineup, holy sh*t!

1. Vicious

2. Slats

3. Pac

4. Brett

5. SMC

6. I28

7. JiF

8. JVOR

9. DanX

10. Bleedin' Green

11. Hess

12. Sharrow

13. SenorGato

14. Jetsfan80

15. Song

16. Wombat

17. Jetscode

18. Crusher

19. AVM

20. Verbal

21. CTM

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Good, bring it pussies.  Vote me off for dropping logic.  I love it.  Just like the good old days. 

I wanted to let this play out for a bit to see who would jump on the stupid logic you dropped. I wondered if you were doing the same but you keep pushing it as if it's actually solid logic.

There have been 2 traps so far. One was a vote restriction and the other was my deputy reveal. If we lynch me to "vet the mechanic" it gets us nothing other than making life easier for scum. Surely I'm on their target list, so why save them a NK attempt? If there was another trap that revealed a role that couldn't be vetted I could see taking this approach but as of now it's premature at best.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1