Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Check out that lineup, holy sh*t!

1. Vicious

2. Slats

3. Pac

4. Brett

5. SMC

6. I28

7. JiF

8. JVOR

9. DanX

10. Bleedin' Green

11. Hess

12. Sharrow

13. SenorGato

14. Jetsfan80

15. Song

16. Wombat

17. Jetscode

18. Crusher

19. AVM

20. Verbal

21. CTM

'27 Yankees ain't got sh*t on that

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I wanted to let this play out for a bit to see who would jump on the stupid logic you dropped. I wondered if you were doing the same but you keep pushing it as if it's actually solid logic.

There have been 2 traps so far. One was a vote restriction and the other was my deputy reveal. If we lynch me to "vet the mechanic" it gets us nothing other than making life easier for scum. Surely I'm on their target list, so why save them a NK attempt? If there was another trap that revealed a role that couldn't be vetted I could see taking this approach but as of now it's premature at best.

This is solid.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Oh honey don’t get all emotional just because nobody is ready to Lynch a likely townie to vet a one time mechanic. I promise, if it happens again your muffin will Lynch one with you. Naked.

You’re saying one time, what happened to Verbal?

12 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Who would scum like to kill most of all based on  info so far?  Barry.  

Not any longer.  History suggests the confusion over his role has decidedly taken him off the scum team's Night Kill radar, at least for tonight.

Besides, a Deputy who didn't even know he was Deputy isn't THAT powerful of a role.  It only matters once the Cop is killed.  

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I wanted to let this play out for a bit to see who would jump on the stupid logic you dropped. I wondered if you were doing the same but you keep pushing it as if it's actually solid logic.

There have been 2 traps so far. One was a vote restriction and the other was my deputy reveal. If we lynch me to "vet the mechanic" it gets us nothing other than making life easier for scum. Surely I'm on their target list, so why save them a NK attempt? If there was another trap that revealed a role that couldn't be vetted I could see taking this approach but as of now it's premature at best.

Stupid is as stupid does.  Lynch me pussy.  I’m scum. 

• More Ugh 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

By my count this is like 7 people so far who are telling JiF his logic is bad.  Yet we're all idiots.  lol.

Yeah I'm willing to game theory it out and maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like the tradeoff is kill the likely deputy and even more likelier townie, and in return we get confirmation of the slim chance the mod was lying to us about one trap reveal that we aren't entirely sure will happen again. Keeping in mind that the other trap, Verbal losing his vote, at least for now seems to be entirely on the up and up. I think the best course of action is sure, healthy skepticism, but move on for now and maybe revisit depending on if/when another trap goes off and what the trap actually is.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Stupid is as stupid does.  Lynch me pussy.  I’m scum. 

If I can offer some unsolicited advice ... I'd recommend not getting too comfortable calling people a pussy on the internet. One day you may forget you're not on the internet it will slip out in real life when there's no screen to hide behind.

unvote

vote Jif

• Haha 3

Just now, jvill 51 said:

Yeah I'm willing to game theory it out and maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like the tradeoff is kill the likely deputy and even more likelier townie, and in return we get confirmation of the slim chance the mod was lying to us about one trap reveal that we aren't entirely sure will happen again. Keeping in mind that the other trap, Verbal losing his vote, at least for now seems to be entirely on the up and up. I think the best course of action is sure, healthy skepticism, but move on for now and maybe revisit depending on if/when another trap goes off and what the trap actually is.

JiF wasn't even aware of the other trap so I think we can safely put all this to bed. 

Barry is Deputy.  And with great power comes great responsibility, so I expect @Barry McCockinner to use this power wisely and perhaps become a "Town Leader".

*** [ Michael Clemons "No" meme incoming ] ***

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

If I can offer some unsolicited advice ... I'd recommend not getting too comfortable calling people a pussy on the internet. One day you may forget you're not on the internet it will slip out in real life when there's no screen to hide behind.

unvote

vote Jif

Uh oh I think a visit to the Arby's Parking Lot is coming!  Everybody figure out your carpools!

Uh oh I think a visit to the Arby's Parking Lot is coming!  Everybody figure out your carpools!

nah - it was genuine advice. I have zero interest in perusing dopes on the internet in rl.

I always cringe when I see people do it because 99.9% of the time it wouldn't be said in rl due to people enjoying the use of teeth for eating.

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Perhaps he is upset that I derailed a brilliant gambit to flush out scum.

Think Minnie Mouse GIF

nah - it was genuine advice. I have zero interest in perusing dopes on the internet in rl.

I always cringe when I see people do it because 99.9% of the time it wouldn't be said in rl due to people enjoying the use of teeth for eating.

This is JN Mafia.  We have transcended the internet.  The regular rules don't apply.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I took it as just mafia shenanigans not a genuine thought 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF wasn't even aware of the other trap so I think we can safely put all this to bed. 

Barry is Deputy.  And with great power comes great responsibility, so I expect @Barry McCockinner to use this power wisely and perhaps become a "Town Leader".

I think he was rushing to play catch-up and just missed some things. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't even know what this means, pussy.

I don't even know what this means, pussy.

You're basically mod-confirmed town.  That means we can trust you.  All your interactions, past/present/future, can now be seen through the prism of you being town.  And you're alive to talk stuff out, not a dead body with a role flip.

Pretty important in a game where the # 1 rule is not to trust anyone.  

• Upvote 2

You're basically mod-confirmed town.  That means we can trust you.  All your interactions, past/present/future, can now be seen through the prism of you being town.  And you're alive to talk stuff out, not a dead body with a role flip.

Pretty important in a game where the # 1 rule is not to trust anyone.  

But maybe gravity works in reverse in this game. Let’s tie Barry down and drop an anvil over his head to see if it floats up to test the mechanic.

• Haha 3