Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

7 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I don't agree with JiF's theory but it doesn't read as nefarious to me. The greenpeen flip flop is a stronger ping for me than the original gaming the mod post. The movement around the Pac train is still weird IMO, I'll need to check out that Beav post defending himself you mentioned but him getting back on that train after 80 and others peeled off could just mean he thought it was safe to get back on so not sure if that's a defense at all really.

Agreed on not voting the newbies D1 and that we need to hear more from the crew you mentioned.

agreed on JiF, which is why my stated reason is for being a dumbass

Good point on @Beaver timing of moving back onto Pac ...

32 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

IMO it's d1 and we just need some blood to get information. Dragging it out to 30 pages of mostly sh*t talk isn't really beneficial. I don't like lynching newbs so early in the game. If they're scum it will likely be easy to sniff out as more info becomes available. I don't like that we have a handful of players that are really low activity in a pretty active game. That's typically a low hanging fruit thing but in an active game it's really easy for scum to sit back and let town fight it out. 

could lynch

• jif - for being a dumbass
  • greenpeen - for his flakey flip-flop / gaming the mod. @jvill 51 points out his history of doing this but to me that just means he should know better
  • beaver or pac - The early beaver vote on pac only to quickly move off seemed like it could be a weak sauce bus attempt. In his defense he has since moved back to pac. the beav also made his most engaged post so far to defend himself, which is a common scum thing.

None of these are really strong cases, but d1 is low info and we need a dead guy.

No one stands out as someone I can trust as town yet.

Would like to see more activity from @Integrity28 @Stark @Hal N of Provo @Pac

Sorry, weekdays are way harder for me now. I am at a startup with a big team, everything is 100mph. Plus, moved my family into an apartment for a whole house remodel. 

Anyway, I have a couple issues with you trying to alpha:

The notion of “we need blood for information” is stupid. Also, in the same post you make contradictory points about d1 and dead guys and info.

The idea that a few inactive players is a big deal is silly, too. We always have inactive players.

30 pages of day one babbling is nothing, especially after a long hiatus. 

Not sure how to view any of this. Will eventually read and catch up.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Sorry, weekdays are way harder for me now. I am at a startup with a big team, everything is 100mph. Plus, moved my family into an apartment for a whole house remodel. 

The notion of “we need blood for information” is stupid. Also, in the same post you make contradictory points about d1 and dead guys and info.

The idea that a few inactive players is a big deal is silly, too. We always have inactive players.

We are kinda stuck with his ramshackle leadership for now since he’s the only confirmed townie.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I didn't say it was a big deal. I say I don't like it. 

I disagree that it's stupid that we need blood. The only concrete info we have right now is that Jif is a dumbass and I am deputy doody. A dead body gives real information that we can use.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Take your time. Just don’t accidentally  read this vomit as a bedtime story, pretty sure that’s how @Lizard King ended up that way. Love you! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Arsis said:

It wouldn't even be a bastard game. It'd be two mafia dudes with powers they decided to use early day 1.

Have we seen another trap? Let's try I'll post a song from YouTube.

https://youtu.be/6EyNjmspx64

"snakes why'd it have to be snakes" a quote from the movie.

What else would you think would Trigger a trap?

You my friend are playing with fire. Friendly mod advice: tread lightly.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not giving you a summary dude.  You were the one that missed an entire trap that was part of the mechanic you wanted to vet so you tell me, lol.  

Why do you keep saying this? Are you saying I missed Verbal?  I'm legit confused at this point.

FTR, I'm the one who asked Nolder for clarity about the traps after they happened.  We found out that the posts they made triggered the traps, because of me.  lol

Votecount
Jif - jgb, Jif, Pac, Barry (4)
jgb - lurker, greenseed (2)
barry - Arsis, Smash (2)
Greenseed - 80, crusher (2)
Pac - Beaver (1)
80 - jvill (1)
Arsis - Stark (1)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
DEADLINE: Saturday 8AM EST

On 1/12/2023 at 1:13 AM, Nolder said:

It's lightly raining on the streets of London as you all leave the hotel lobby you met in for the first time. Most of you only entered the country yesterday but you're already ready to leave. There is a layer of tension over the group but also excitement for the adventure to come. An older man with short white hair and a Scottish accent steps forward and addresses the troop.

"You all know where you're going and what we hope to find there. I've brought you together because I believe you each posses skills which will aid us in our endeavor and the fortitude to see it through to the end. Given my age I obviously wont be accompanying you but my assistant Vikki will go in my stead and represent me in this and I also recruited Doctor Jones to assist you in navigating any surprises that may have been left by old Rasputin. Please remember that any artifacts you find including the lost Egg are of historical significance and you will be well paid upon their return. One last thing, and this isn't easy for me to say, but I don't fully trust all of you and you might not want to trust each other either. Before handpicking this group I had individuals approach me asking to be part of this expedition and they were an unsavory lot. I'm not leveling accusations against anyone here but...be careful is all I'm saying. Well, that's it. I'm off to the University and you're off to Russia. Good luck."

The old man walks off humming in the rain leaving you all to stare at him as he leaves. As if on queue one man makes a croaking sound and stumbles forward clutching his throat. He falls to the ground twitching for a few more seconds then he's still. Vikki steps forward and bends over him, a shocked look on her face. When she stands back up she looks back at everyone and declares, "This man was just poisoned. Probably inside the hotel just now. One of you did this! Find the culprit quick!"

@Nolder all flavor or are there clues?

On 1/12/2023 at 10:28 AM, Nolder said:

*** A TRAP HAS BEEN TRIGGERED ***

As you are all standing uneasily in the rain the pitter patter of the droplets starts to pick up and the sky darkens. It is no longer a light rain but has turned into a heavy downpour. You all move to find some cover and then... CRACK! There is a sudden flash of lightning and for just a second Barry, who failed to move under the awning sticking out from the hotel quickly enough, is illuminated and you all get a really good look at him for the first time.

The name of Barry's role is: Deputy

On 1/12/2023 at 10:37 AM, Nolder said:

*** A TRAP HAS BEEN TRIGGERED ***

As you are all standing under the awning looking at Barry you notice the awning you are under now is old and dripping, the cloth is thin and seems about to tear, so you move over to a newer awning next to it. Verbal was too slow and with a SPLOOSH! he's drenched in water.

Verbal has lost his vote for this Day.

On 1/12/2023 at 10:38 AM, Nolder said:

Votecount

Pac - Beaver, jvill, Pac (3)

Crusher - Barry, Smash (2)

Verbal - 80 (1)

Hal - Crusher (1)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

There is no deadline at this time.

On 1/12/2023 at 10:43 AM, JiFields said:

So, you're triggering the traps as a mechanic and they're not trigger by a player?

And look at you getting a loosey goosey w/ deadlines...so mature these days

Smart to ask.

On 1/12/2023 at 10:46 AM, Nolder said:

There are a limited number of traps I made up each with a unique trigger which cannot be triggered twice.

Barry was the first player to post a gif, Verbal was the first player to quote three or more other players.

The triggers (and the consequences) are predetermined but it is the players who trigger them. 

Good modding.

On 1/12/2023 at 12:55 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Decent chance scum might be a little scared to participate given all the traps Nolder has set up.  Lynching from the lower activity end of the pool, if all else fails, will probably end up a decent play.  

Got to here, “decent chance” based in what? Explain this, because it seems just as likely a power role would be wary of traps. 

16 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Why do you keep saying this? Are you saying I missed Verbal?  I'm legit confused at this point.

You were confused when told Verbal got hit with a trap and lost his ability to vote today, so yes, it sounded like you missed it.  And you're still confused so.....