Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

80 tends to get himself voted off with a quickness. Verbal and Nyn use to play seemingly to just vote him off. I like to give him a day or so and I have a way of reading his play as it relates to how he approaches directing votes.

Peen had  a very good post, the one I unvoted  him after quoting him. I took the pressure off him because we have more time and I want him to answer to add babes to his observations. 

No, no new target. Seeing patient now then to the gym. I’ll read later and get on a couple things I saw this morning, 

Im less if a strategic player and more of a gut instinct player. 

I do believe that your gut controls you.

Dungeons And Dragons Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He’s not focused just in you. That feels like a mischaracterization if what’s happening.

I don’t follow this logic, which is fine. More importantly, only a few posts prior didn’t you say you’ve seen nothing to move off pac?

Arguments are a crucial part of game play. Your argument was fine. It wasn’t  epic at all, though… and not worthy of eliciting a self vote by Jif. To that end, I agree it felt a bit fake.

I think he’s connecting them.

This.

Yes I did say that but I was trying to actually get reaction from PAC and get him involved in the game. Probably should have worded it differently

2 hours ago, Beaver said:

I’m playing catch up.   Don’t like this.   Why would you offer up the potential to call out a player who might be a town power role?

Eh….don’t like this either.   This feels like forcing someone to change their vote.  Logic is sound, but you also accused me of vote hopping earlier and here you are telling someone to hop on the latest train.

im digging up more thoughts.  This was just an initial read through

We were approaching deadine, he was one of a few players around who could help us build a consensus, and he said he was refusing to move his vote off a train that, at the time, was going nowhere. I didn’t force him to do anything or point him to any particular train, just said if he’s town his position wasn’t helpful, which it wasn’t. I stand by it, and don’t see how it contradicts my issue with your vote on Pac at all (which was that you only moved back to him after the train started melting away).

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

So, do we think:

stark is scum distracting from scum?

stsrk is scum avoiding going in a town train?

statk is town just doing what he thinks is right, not knowing any actual alignments?

I like the 2 options where Stark is scum, lol.

I obviously still have Peen as # 1 so I like both for scum, but that’s gotta be too easy.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

So why the change from Being so sure Nolder wouldn’t make a rookie scum, to the opposite theory that Nolder made jgb scum? There wasn’t any change in jgb’s behavior that I noticed.

2nd time you’ve asked him this and he hasn’t answered.

He’s already claimed ignorance and stupidity for basically all his posts, which is convenient.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beaver said:

Eh….don’t like this either.   This feels like forcing someone to change their vote.  Logic is sound, but you also accused me of vote hopping earlier and here you are telling someone to hop on the latest train.

At that time we were coming up on a deadline, so this critique is invalid.  

Another good reason why it’s best not to wait to lynch until you’re right up against a deadline. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Not true. After my theory, 3 things happened that changed my mind:

1. I was called out for “gaming the mod”and assured that Nolder selects roles at random.

2. Jgb had a strange fascination with “roles” then quickly shut that down.

3. Jgb started using advanced player terminology, some of which wasn’t on his cheat sheet (WIFOM, mod kill, scum hunt, etc.)

…after getting called out by @Jetsfan80@The Crusher and @Integrity28 and then seeing these little terminology slips it became obvious the guy is getting coached. I know we don’t lynch first time players on D1 (another great rule btw, GFYs), but I was hoping to see who would come running to his rescue. 

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2nd time you’ve asked him this and he hasn’t answered.

He’s already claimed ignorance and stupidity for basically all his posts, which is convenient.  

I answered with 3 reasons and pinged you, so I know you saw this.  Why push the narrative that I am avoiding your ridiculous charges? 

Seems to me that your plain sight coaching is to cover up the QT coaching you've been giving him all along.  The real question is why haven't you moved off my peen, is the GTM argument really the best you can do? 

27 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I answered with 3 reasons and pinged you, so I know you saw this.  Why push the narrative that I am avoiding your ridiculous charges? 

Seems to me that your plain sight coaching is to cover up the QT coaching you've been giving him all along.  The real question is why haven't you moved off my peen, is the GTM argument really the best you can do? 

We’ve got time till Monday.  I’m in no rush to move off you.  

3 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Not true. After my theory, 3 things happened that changed my mind:

1. I was called out for “gaming the mod”and assured that Nolder selects roles at random.

2. Jgb had a strange fascination with “roles” then quickly shut that down.

3. Jgb started using advanced player terminology, some of which wasn’t on his cheat sheet (WIFOM, mod kill, scum hunt, etc.)

…after getting called out by @Jetsfan80@The Crusher and @Integrity28 and then seeing these little terminology slips it became obvious the guy is getting coached. I know we don’t lynch first time players on D1 (another great rule btw, GFYs), but I was hoping to see who would come running to his rescue. 

Went back and looked at jgb’s game a bit more closely and I think I actually do see a change before and after your original post. Although he was posting a lot, prior to your post he wasn’t using that mafia-specific terminology that he’s been using since.

5 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Went back and looked at jgb’s game a bit more closely and I think I actually do see a change before and after your original post. Although he was posting a lot, prior to your post he wasn’t using that mafia-specific terminology that he’s been using since.

Learning is a process. I started from 0 and have been increasing as we go. Honestly didn’t think I’d like it this much which made me interested to read more and more.

Also the deputy reveal and some claiming it could be a “bad guy deputy” increased my motivation. Found zero reference to a deputy possibly being affiliated with mafia FYI — always, always town. And I hit it pretty hard. Which leads me to believe it’s either scummy or an especially lame gambit to suggest and press otherwise.

5 hours ago, jgb said:

This would be interesting. Scum has a first-timer teammate which is a huge asset. Coaches them up to draw obvious attention to a first day lynching. I know this is WIFOM but it wouldn't be scum having to choose a glass of wine. It would be them drinking both glasses -- tossing a newb's best strength (ability to play ignorance) while burning him for a D1 lynching. 

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I change my answer. I was wandering through the Palestinian desert on a pilgrimage when I stumbled upon the Qumran Caves which revealed to me the hidden terminology of this game on ancient scrolls I found there. Then I invented a time machine to populate the Internet with this information to be able to say I googled it.

Every week I have to "expert up" on a new case. One week it's pharmacology, next week it's loaders used to move hulls down an shipyard assembly line (guy lost his leg, nasty case), once it was the components of train braking systems to defend against a patent infringement claim.

I'm a lawyer -- this is what we do.

Sometimes in mafia it’s very easy to be too smart for your own good. This seems to be trending in that direction. I know you’re more than capable of reading and assimilating information at a very high level, obviously trained to. But it’s almost creepy the way you are not only using terms but using them better than some of us been playing for a decade. I’m also not convinced a scum team would coach you to do that, but I’m pretty sure there aren’t. You might be just picking up on it as your teammates chat and you are practically teaching a clinic on it in the thread. I got reading to do, 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sometimes in mafia it’s very easy to be too smart for your own good. This seems to be trending in that direction. I know you’re more than capable of reading and assimilating information at a very high level, obviously trained to. But it’s almost creepy the way you are not only using terms but using them better than some of us been playing for a decade. I’m also not convinced a scum team would coach you to do that, but I’m pretty sure there aren’t. You might be just picking up on it as your teammates chat and you are practically teaching a clinic on it in the thread. I got reading to do, 

Fake it til you make it baby

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Me (left) and @jgb:

tom cruise cinema GIF

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Oof.

Insight so on-point I’m wondering if it’s because you’re seeing it first-hand as part if their team, too.

46 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That, or CTM is using jgb account as an alt.

• Post of the Week 1