Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who does doc protect? Himself? A rando?

Very defensive indeed to an honest question.

Gay Men Taking Notes GIF

Doc likely self-protects until there is clearly outed, confirmed town roles in jeopardy… even then, it’s up to the doc to gamble on it (this is a risk/play style thing).

I genuinely don’t know if you’re seriously calling me defensive for accusing me of digging a question that came after my posts. So…. GFY?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That lesson wasn’t contained in your book learnin’?  

Crusher made a comment in the thread early that he "wasn't sure" whether one could edit. No one followed up or responded so I figured non-substantive edits were fine. But know that I know, I won't even do that.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Crusher made a comment in the thread early that he "wasn't sure" whether one could edit. No one followed up or responded so I figured non-substantive edits were fine. But know that I know, I won't even do that.

It is usually based on moderator. It used to be doctrine, then I missed games and said do whatever you want. Ask @Nolder

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Doc likely self-protects until there is clearly outed, confirmed town roles in jeopardy… even then, it’s up to the doc to gamble on it (this is a risk/play style thing).

I genuinely don’t know if you’re seriously calling me defensive for accusing me of digging a question that came after my posts. So…. GFY?

When Pac or JiF are doc they self-protect every night regardless.  

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, jgb said:

I change my answer. I was wandering through the Palestinian desert on a pilgrimage when I stumbled upon the Qumran Caves which revealed to me the hidden terminology of this game on ancient scrolls I found there. Then I invented a time machine to populate the Internet with this information to be able to say I googled it.

As a Mormon I’ve believed in stranger things so I’ll just accept this at face value.  

7 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Not true. After my theory, 3 things happened that changed my mind:

1. I was called out for “gaming the mod”and assured that Nolder selects roles at random.

2. Jgb had a strange fascination with “roles” then quickly shut that down.

3. Jgb started using advanced player terminology, some of which wasn’t on his cheat sheet (WIFOM, mod kill, scum hunt, etc.)

…after getting called out by @Jetsfan80@The Crusher and @Integrity28 and then seeing these little terminology slips it became obvious the guy is getting coached. I know we don’t lynch first time players on D1 (another great rule btw, GFYs), but I was hoping to see who would come running to his rescue. 

UNVOTE

Strong good guy vibes here.  

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t expect any of them to remember, but a while back @Spoot-Face and a few others invited me to play. I explained to him, nolder, and ape in a dm why I didn’t think it would be a good idea.
I do get a kick out of following along though. You guys are all funny as hell, and @jgb and @Lurker89 are like the Breece and Sauce of this game. (those are two football players, btw @Nolder)

So I’m Zach Wilson?!? 
Napoleon Dynamite Reaction GIF

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Love how I’m the favorite candidate to be @jgb’s scum coach btw.  Jgb already lapped me as a mafia player in the first hour of gameplay.  

I thought you might be his scum coach on day 1.   

I think this is how @JGB would play as a Townie.  Including most of the terms.  Some term knowledge makes me a little suspicious; but most I see him looking at.  I’ve been busy at work or I’d be reading old game threads lol.  

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

As a Mormon I’ve believed in stranger things so I’ll just accept this at face value.  

UNVOTE

Strong good guy vibes here.  

So I’m Zach Wilson?!? 
Napoleon Dynamite Reaction GIF

I thought you might be his scum coach on day 1.   

I think this is how @JGB would play as a Townie.  Including most of the terms.  Some term knowledge makes me a little suspicious; but most I see him looking at.  I’ve been busy at work or I’d be reading old game threads lol.  

Lurkers are not allowed to comment on game play Hal. But….

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

It is usually based on moderator. It used to be doctrine, then I missed games and said do whatever you want. Ask @Nolder

It is mainly a spirit of the game thing. Online mafia is very much just an honor system because it can be easily broken and abused at multiple points. My request is that you never change your words if you edit a post. You can fix typos and punctuation but when it comes down to changing even just one word I’d prefer you just quote yourself or something. If you can just avoid editing altogether but I’m not making it a hard rule because it’s nearly impossible for me to enforce.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t expect any of them to remember, but a while back @Spoot-Face and a few others invited me to play. I explained to him, nolder, and ape in a dm why I didn’t think it would be a good idea.
I do get a kick out of following along though. You guys are all funny as hell, and @jgb and @Lurker89 are like the Breece and Sauce of this game. (those are two football players, btw @Nolder)

I absolutely do not recall this. You’re welcome to join if you ever change your mind though.

• Upvote 1

On 1/12/2023 at 6:02 PM, jgb said:

We need to move people off Pac. There was zero evidence against him when your voting bloc formed (he hadn’t even posted, yet). It’s a bad bet at best and a coordination by people who know he’s town at worst. I’m worried that inertia will continue to add votes there.

Looking to see any suspect correspondence from jgb to possible teammates and this was the first that stuck out.

On 1/12/2023 at 6:21 PM, The Crusher said:

Yeah, ahhh, not exactly but boy oh boy are you spunky. You would be my best bet for scum out of the newbies so far. 

Crusher and jgb having a little love affair early on.  Nothing telling but suspect to me.

On 1/12/2023 at 6:23 PM, jgb said:

If I’m scum then the townies will easily win because the scum would be doing a really terrible job of putting a leash on me. If the scum strategy is let the new guy go donkey, game is already decided.

On 1/12/2023 at 6:35 PM, The Crusher said:

Actually letting a newbie scum do whatever they want short of calling out teammates is a very solid strategy. Having you go nuts and create a distraction. Distractions takes away from scum hunting. You likely can do about anything you like for first the few days before getting honest attention. That's how we treat newbies, so a good scum team uses that. I know I would. You killing it!

On 1/12/2023 at 6:49 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

If you don't mind me asking, why are you so protective of Pac? It's day 1, we get information when someone is lynched yet here you are making your best effort to derail the pac train.

This was a question to jgb about wanting votes off of Pac

On 1/12/2023 at 6:50 PM, jgb said:

Because the ratio of townies to scum is >1 and without any evidence the odds are likely that he’s a townie 

This was JGB's response to Barry about pulling votes off of Pac.

On 1/12/2023 at 6:53 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Couldn't the same be said for anyone? I noticed you have no problems with the greenpeen train.

Good observation from Barry.

On 1/12/2023 at 6:54 PM, jgb said:

There is some evidence there. Certainly more than Pac who had votes before he ever posted. I don’t find the peen case as compelling as the 80 case, however, and have said so.

JGB's response.....whatever

On 1/13/2023 at 12:46 AM, Arsis said:

Barry, smash and lurker scum team

Which of the three going up?

Barry and smash talking about a plan in the qt and getting it mixed up and commenting on it at the same time is a hell of a way to out yourselves.

Lmfaoo

Unvote vote Barry

I just wanted to point out the boss move for Arsis to self vote his his own post for "post of the week".

On 1/13/2023 at 8:36 AM, The Crusher said:

If everyone had grabbed ass enough, why don’t we just go ahead agree and Lynch Green Peen once all of you read through. Pac is Pac and the votes on him for  being Pac make sense because he sucks a at this, but him voting himself is far from a scum tell. Not voting  JGB anytime soon, great addition to the game, very well could be parroting out of the scum chat but I don’t struggle thinking he’s in the discovery phase just looking sh*t up. Not sure who other leaders are, but Greenseeds gaming the mod post are gross. 

Crushers's response to JGB post about moving posts off of pac

On 1/13/2023 at 8:39 AM, jgb said:

Not lynching you either until the heavy duty rope gets in from overseas 

JGB response.    

This was just a look at JGB and a few of his interactions that pinged for me.

Looking back at other posters as well.   Stark looks suspect.  I haven't seen one of his posts that I would consider scum hunting.   All are either defensive or just funny posts.   His only post was to question my thoughts on Smash but didn't take it any further.

Crusher and Arsis haven't really been scum hunting either.   Smash has a little.  Verbal and Pac have been non-existent.   Pun intended!!!!!

My top votes for scum team would be: Arsis, Crusher, Stark, and JGB....maybe Pac.

I'll keep my vote on Arsis for now but could vote any in my list.  I'll stick by the rule on not voting for brand new players on D1.    

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lurker89 said:

@Integrity28 comes in swinging ornery ****. 

I can't say I dont like it.

Judging by what others of said it's his playstyle in all cases to bust in and call everyone morons and apesplain the whole game. It's not indicative of alignment, best I can gather. He's just a douche.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Judging by what others of said it's his playstyle in all cases to bust in and call everyone morons and apesplain the whole game. It's not indicative of alignment, best I can gather. He's just a douche.

Are you speaking from expertise on douchery?

200.gif

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Looking to see any suspect correspondence from jgb to possible teammates and this was the first that stuck out.

Crusher and jgb having a little love affair early on.  Nothing telling but suspect to me.

This was a question to jgb about wanting votes off of Pac

This was JGB's response to Barry about pulling votes off of Pac.

Good observation from Barry.

JGB's response.....whatever

I just wanted to point out the boss move for Arsis to self vote his his own post for "post of the week".

Crushers's response to JGB post about moving posts off of pac

JGB response.    

This was just a look at JGB and a few of his interactions that pinged for me.

Looking back at other posters as well.   Stark looks suspect.  I haven't seen one of his posts that I would consider scum hunting.   All are either defensive or just funny posts.   His only post was to question my thoughts on Smash but didn't take it any further.

Crusher and Arsis haven't really been scum hunting either.   Smash has a little.  Verbal and Pac have been non-existent.   Pun intended!!!!!

My top votes for scum team would be: Arsis, Crusher, Stark, and JGB....maybe Pac.

I'll keep my vote on Arsis for now but could vote any in my list.  I'll stick by the rule on not voting for brand new players on D1.    

Lot of words there to make the conclusion really not scum hunting.