Colin Cowherd: Jets season is over

22 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Oooooooo Booooing fans. What will these professional athletes do?!?!?!!!?

also, “media attacks” do not come from the fanbase. The media and Jets fans are mostly separate entities. 

you still haven’t actually explained how the toxic fanbase is going to tank the season, much like you never explained how the toxic fanbase caused Zach Wilson to suck for his first two years as an NFL QB.

The irony of his schtick is not lost on me;

99% of Jets fans are excited like they havent been in years, while Fido goes around to every single thread on JN telling you why Rodgers actually sucks, the Jets actually suck, Saleh is a terrible Head Coach, JD is moron and you shouldnt be happy because this was a terrible idea and it wont work but mostly because those other Jets fans, not him ofcourse, are toxic.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

3-1 isn't out of the question either. the cowboys aren't some unbeatable juggernaught, we beat the bills with zach wilson and we don't have some green sh*tty qb for bellichick to exploit. the hardest game will be the chiefs and stopping mahomes imo. 

Completely agree.  3-1 is definitely possible.  If they get that week 1 win - chances go way up too.  I never said they will go 1-3 nor do I believe they will.  My guess is 2-2 but 3-1 is absolutely possible.

My point was if they went 1-3 or 1-4 (which was the thread topic)- it might be difficult dig out of for reasons beyond simply being 3 games under .500.   The season could start to snowball down hill quickly and get very ugly.

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

Holy sh*t, you're just going to do this in every thread now? 

Here's a fun question; will the NY Jets have better QB play in 2023 or worse? 

Last year they had the worst QB play in the league.  That is indisputable.  I think the QB play this year will be better than half the league - let alone the worst team from year.

Major upgrade, that's why I'm excited for the season.  If the defense plays near the level is played last year and Rodgers doesn't show any additional decline.  We'll get top 15 QB play - with a great D.  

This team should go to the playoffs - and then you never know.

26 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Boo'ing fans???!!!!!  omg  NO WAY!

This is a team and HC that has shown a willingness to quit on the team, demand trades, point fingers and attack their own.

If things go bad - and the team turns on each other - it's very tough to win games.  That's all I'm saying.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Last year they had the worst QB play in the league.  That is indisputable.  I think the QB play this year will be better than half the league - let alone the worst team from year.

Major upgrade, that's why I'm excited for the season.  If the defense plays near the level is played last year and Rodgers doesn't show any additional decline.  We'll get top 15 QB play - with a great D.  

This team should go to the playoffs - and then you never know.

lmfao - so, what's your problem?  Would you prefer them get worse QB play and not make the playoffs again?  

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This is a team and HC that has shown a willingness to quit on the team, demand trades, point fingers and attack their own.

If things go bad - and the team turns on each other - it's very tough to win games.  That's all I'm saying.

lmfao wut?  When did Saleh quit on the team?  Other then 2 disgruntled WR's who hated their QB you loved, who demanded a trade?  Who pointed the finger?  Who attacked their own?  

You're just saying things.  You're toxic.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao - so, what's your problem?  Would you prefer them get worse QB play and not make the playoffs again?  

No, I've said it over and over again.  I'm happy with Rodgers - happy he's here.  

People just choose to not read what I write and attack - simply because I express some concerns about his rapid YoY decline - I'm the enemy.  I think it's quite reasonable to be in a wait and see mode.  And really hope the drop off was due to a sore thumb and not turning 39.

It seems around here that's not okay.   

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao wut?  When did Saleh quit on the team?  Other then 2 disgruntled WR's who hated their QB you loved, who demanded a trade?  Who pointed the finger?  Who attacked their own?  

You're just saying things.  You're toxic

So, only two people tried to publicly quit on the team - that's your point - that two people quoting isn't a concern?  How many would it need to be for it to be a problem?

As for part two....Many of the team publicly came out and attacked Wilson.  In tweets, through words the media and in interviews.  I'm not saying Zach was good - to the contrary he was awful.  But good teams, that respect their coach, rarely publicly attack their own.  When/if they do - the coach steps in and puts an end to this type of thing..  In the Jets case it went on for weeks.

Heck even the team's leader, Quinnen Williams, - during the playoffs this year.  Chose to use his platform to tweet an attack of the Jet's offense.  

• More Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No, I've said it over and over again.  I'm happy with Rodgers - happy he's here.  

People just choose to not read what I write and attack - simply because I express some concerns about his rapid YoY decline - I'm the enemy.  I think it's quite reasonable to be in a wait and see mode.  And really hope the drop off was due to a sore thumb and not turning 39.

So, only two people tried to publicly quit on the team - that's your point - that two people quoting isn't a concern?  How many would it need to be for it to be a problem?

As for part two....Many of the team publicly came out and attacked Wilson.  In tweets, through words the media and in interviews.  I'm not saying Zach was good - to the contrary he was awful.  But good teams, that respect their coach, rarely publicly attack their own.  When/if they do - the coach steps in and puts an end to this type of thing..  In the Jets case it went on for weeks.

Heck even the team's leader, Quinnen Williams, - during the playoffs this year.  Chose to use his platform to tweet an attack of the Jet's offense.  

Holy mother of Moses 

• Upvote 1

I'd be fine at 2-2 after the first four. Beat Dallas, who I despise in the JJ era and crush, humiliate Belicheat and the Pats.  Rodgers will make Belicheat see ghosts of Unitas, Otto Graham, Sammy Baugh, Bart Starr.  Hopefully we compete against Bills and KC.  As was pointed out here, we beat Bills with Zach LOL before Belicheat ruined him for good.  The KC game should be a good barometer of where we stand. I think we win one or two playoff games and get a really accurate sense of what flaws need to corrected and upgraded for 2024.  This defense, as it stands, is still not elite.  Of course, a higher octane offense invariably helps the defense (ball control, points etc) but I just keep looking back at that Jags game from last year and was appalled at how easily they moved on us.  I'm actually more concerned about the defense this year than the offense which I believe will be electric.

21 hours ago, bitonti said:

It's not pc. it's being empathetic. 

Talk to a schizophrenic sometime it's ******* tragic 

I've worked with my fair share of mentally ill clients in the past. Over the last 7 months, I've strictly worked with the mentally ill, seeing 2,3,4 clients daily with varying psychotic diagnoses, schizophrenia being one.  It's an incredibly challenging job but it's taught me one thing working with this particular population: Psychosis is not limited to those who are 'mentally ill'. I believe EVERYONE on this planet is FEKCEN CRAZY.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

You're just saying things.  You're toxic.

Somehow he’s even more toxic now with this faux hyper-objectivism than he was as a slobbering goon lashing out at other fans in defense of indefensible Zach

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

The irony of his schtick is not lost on me;

99% of Jets fans are excited like they havent been in years, while Fido goes around to every single thread on JN telling you why Rodgers actually sucks, the Jets actually suck, Saleh is a terrible Head Coach, JD is moron and you shouldnt be happy because this was a terrible idea and it wont work but mostly because those other Jets fans, not him ofcourse, are toxic.

1) Show me where I said Rodgers sucks (I haven’t ) on the contrary I think he’s likely to still be in the top half of QB’s in the league.     

2) Show me where I said The Jets suck (I haven’t) I believe this is a playoff caliber roster and team, and am excited for the season.  

3) Show me where I said JD was a moron (I haven’t) I think JD is the best GM this team has had in a very long time.  I think he far over paid for Rodgers, but that doesn’t mean he’s a moron.  

Continuing to repeat lies won’t make them true. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

bad movies endless trash GIF

22 hours ago, bitonti said:

They are going to win about 8 or 9. The team is better than it was. They are not world beaters 

I never said they will lose 14

And I'm not a martyr these insults literally don't hurt me at all 

In fact I'll accept any attention even negative 

Schizophrenia is a serious topic though. Many homeless people and prisoners are afflicted and there's no real cure 

People shouldn't just throw around that word it cheapens the struggle of people who actually have it. I don't think the Jets are going to win the Super bowl this season that does not mean I'm posting this from a tent under the 405

You're 100% correct on the schizos .But I think you're underestimating the potential of the 2023 NY Jets.  It's contingent on three aspects: 1 - The OL must come together and protect Aaron Rodgers.  They MUST.  2 - Aaron Rodgers MUST stay healthy which he been able to do over his football career..  3 - The running game must be elite. It protects Rodgers, it controls time of possession and wears down opposing defenses.  We dont need Aaron Rodgers to be primetime Tom Brady

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

1) Show me where I said Rodgers sucks (I haven’t ) on the contrary I think he’s likely to still be in the top half of QB’s in the league.     

2) Show me where I said The Jets suck (I haven’t) I believe this is a playoff caliber roster and team, and am excited for the season.  

3) Show me where I said JD was a moron (I haven’t) I think JD is the best GM this team has had in a very long time.  I think he far over paid for Rodgers, but that doesn’t mean he’s a moron.  

Continuing to repeat lies won’t make them true. 

You started a thread about Rodger "regression" based on 1 year sample size after back to back MVP seasons. You said JD failed the draft because he didnt draft offense in the 1st round.  You also said he hasnt tried hard enough to build a Super Bowl team because of silly arbitrary feelings you have about certain players.  You said Saleh quit on his team and that the team is at each others throats.

I'm not going to find these examples, you're not fooling anyone by talking out both sides of your mouth and trying to play this yeah butt act now.  We all know how you feel, you're not fooling anyone by trying to walk it back now.

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2023 at 8:10 PM, JiF said:

You started a thread about Rodger "regression" based on 1 year sample size after back to back MVP seasons. You said JD failed the draft because he didnt draft offense in the 1st round.  You also said he hasnt tried hard enough to build a Super Bowl team because of silly arbitrary feelings you have about certain players.  You said Saleh quit on his team and that the team is at each others throats.

I'm not going to find these examples, you're not fooling anyone by talking out both sides of your mouth and trying to play this yeah butt act now.  We all know how you feel, you're not fooling anyone by trying to walk it back now.

None of those things relate to me saying they "sucked" using your words.  They're specific opinions on specific situations.

People can make mistakes - and not suck.  It happens.  It shouldn't an all or nothing, but does seem to be the case around here.

If you don't agree with the cool kids opinions 100% then you're a hater.  All of those things you listed are, IMO, true.  But it doesn't mean Rodgers or Joe Douglas sucks.

On 5/13/2023 at 8:53 AM, Integrity28 said:

Defeatist mentality.

Anyone that agrees we can contend now looks at the opening 6 as our “put the league on notice” window, not “go .500”.

They should fear us on their schedule.

Meh.

Even great teams need time to gel with a new QB.

Especially an old one that is coming off of a bad year.

I truly believe the Jets  will be one of the elite teams in the NFL season if they stay relatively healthy so the schedule while daunting is not going to be an issue. 
Although I was against Rodgers trade due to cost ,cap ramifications and his rather off beat personality, not because of diminished skills as a broken thumb makes it hard to throw a football he makes the entire team better both offensively and defensively since defense shouldn’t have to  run back on the field after continuous three and outs by the offense.
This Jets team is a legit Super Bowl contender as long as “The MILFinator”doesn’t have to take a meaningful snap all season long schedule be damned