Colin Cowherd: Jets season is over

9 hours ago, JETS SB said:

3-3 prior to the bye. Then we take off. 

Defeatist mentality.

Anyone that agrees we can contend now looks at the opening 6 as our “put the league on notice” window, not “go .500”.

They should fear us on their schedule.

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I continue to note the vast gulf between your enthusiastic optimism with Zach Wilson, and your complete lack of optimism post-Zach.  From one of our most Pollyanna posters to rivaling Bitonti for negativity.

1. Do you suffer from schizophrenia?

2. Did you sell you JN account to @bitonti?

3. Could it, perhaps, be lingering butthurt over Zach?

Hmmmm.....:-k

Yes, I was optimistic about Zach.  Unfortunately he didn't turn out to be the player I hoped he would be.  I was wrong but tried to remain positive as we've seen QB's struggle their first couple of years - I think in Zach's case, he simply never had what it takes.  As stated I was clearly and terribly wrong...

But through that process I learned a lot about the toxicity of the fan base and weakness and self serving nature of the HC. 

Add that to a soon to be 40 year old QB legend, coming off his worst year as a pro, a fan base that honestly believes the massive decline was due to a sore thumb...On a roster with multiple holes. All of that tied to unreasonable expectations of the QB and a Super Bowl run. 

This season can get ugly very quickly if things start out bad.

If the fan base wasn't being so irrational right now and we had a strong HC I would be more inclined to believe a rough start could be overcome - but under the current circumstances I think an 0-4 or 1-4 hole would be very tough dig out of.

9 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Isn’t he the guy who hyped up Darnold as like the best QB he ever saw in his life?

exactly. Cowerd is the worst of all of them out there. He reaches conclusions that never come around.

8 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Skeletor also liked the Zach Wilson pick.  

Colin knows nothing

No he didn’t.

he hated the Zach Wilson pick.

he’s a Darnold Stan. Famously tweeted that Gase and Darnold would be hosting the AFC title game 

but he never liked Wilson 

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, I was optimistic about Zach.  Unfortunately he didn't turn out to be the player I hoped he would be.  I was wrong but tried to remain positive as we've seen QB's struggle their first couple of years - I think in Zach's case, he simply never had what it takes.  As stated I was clearly and terribly wrong...

But through that process I learned a lot about the toxicity of the fan base and weakness and self serving nature of the HC. 

Add that to a soon to be 40 year old QB legend, coming off his worst year as a pro, a fan base that honestly believes the massive decline was due to a sore thumb...On a roster with multiple holes. All of that tied to unreasonable expectations of the QB and a Super Bowl run. 

This season can get ugly very quickly if things start out bad.

If the fan base wasn't being so irrational right now and we had a strong HC I would be more inclined to believe a rough start could be overcome - but under the current circumstances I think an 0-4 or 1-4 hole would be very tough dig out of.

What bearing does “the fanbase” have on how well the team can handle a rough start ????

I’ve seen you post about the “toxic” (**intense eye-roll**) fanbase for months now as if that has anything to do with the price of tea in china. 

This has to be in early contention for the worst JN take of 2023. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

What bearing does “the fanbase” have on how well the team can handle a rough start ????

I’ve seen you post about the “toxic” (**intense eye-roll**) fanbase for months now as if that has anything to do with the price of tea in china. 

This has to be in early contention for the worst JN take of 2023. 

Booing fans and media attacks causes locker room unrest and a team at each others throats, pointing, fingers and passing blame is a legitimate problem. 

If you don't see it that then I would say your take is quit a bit worse than mine.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Booing fans and media attacks causes locker room unrest and a team at each others throats, pointing, fingers and passing blame is a legitimate problem. 

If you don't see it that then I would say your take is quit a bit worse than mine.  

Oooooooo Booooing fans. What will these professional athletes do?!?!?!!!?

also, “media attacks” do not come from the fanbase. The media and Jets fans are mostly separate entities. 

you still haven’t actually explained how the toxic fanbase is going to tank the season, much like you never explained how the toxic fanbase caused Zach Wilson to suck for his first two years as an NFL QB.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Defeatist mentality.

Anyone that agrees we can contend now looks at the opening 6 as our “put the league on notice” window, not “go .500”.

They should fear us on their schedule.

Sure. We could be better. Looking at the reality of the opponents we are facing and Breece coming back from injury. Hopefully we go 4-2 or 5-1. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Colin Cowherd possesses one of (if not the most) punchable faces I’ve ever seen.  

His voice also is incredible punchable….I’m not sure how one would punch someone’s voice but I’d be willing to try it on him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Neither is 3-1.

1-3 or 0-4, neither is fatal.  Not good, but not fatal.

Also not likely.

Worst case scenario, covered.

I continue to note the vast gulf between your enthusiastic optimism with Zach Wilson, and your complete lack of optimism post-Zach.  From one of our most Pollyanna posters to rivaling Bitonti for negativity.

1. Do you suffer from schizophrenia?

2. Did you sell you JN account to @bitonti?

3. Could it, perhaps, be lingering butthurt over Zach?

Hmmmm.....:-k

It's notable that whenever someone is negative they get personally attacked 

Like youd have to be a schizophrenic to think they Jets aren't going to win 14 games? 

Projection. It's the optimists who are unhinged 

The rest of us are treating a last place team with a 40 year old QB as they should be treated: with caution 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yep, Rodgers is typically a slow starter. With his age it’s very unlikely that will get better. 

Takes me ten minutes to walk to the bathroom after waking up and I’m not much older than Rodgers 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Cowherd is a ****. A pathetic, weakling **** that only other cunts listen to. 

Excited John Cena GIF by WWE

Honestly though I’d like us to grow beyond using the second-most offensive word in the English language to describe people whose opinions we disagree with.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's notable that whenever someone is negative they get personally attacked 

Like youd have to be a schizophrenic to think they Jets aren't going to win 14 games? 

The rest of us are treating a last place team with a 40 year old QB as they should be treated: with caution 

Same story every off season. We are always told “We know we have been wrong 12 years in a row this time is different!”

This time it might be, we have a non-horrific QB, but you’d think people would have learned not to get venomous and personal against those that are skeptical.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is an exaggeration.

You love to brag about being this wise contrarian, but before last year, you had the Jets winning 4 games. A lot of the board had them at 7-10 or 8-9. I had them at 7-10. Were us optimists “unhinged?”

FYI, nobody knows what is going to happen and you can be just as delusional being negative as being positive. 

you can always point to the bad  NYJ history, but that has nothing to do with 2023. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Excited John Cena GIF by WWE

Honestly though I’d like us to grow beyond using the second-most offensive word in the English language to describe people whose opinions we disagree with.

I very rarely use that particular term. In this case, it was the only one that fit.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

This is an exaggeration.

You love to brag about being this wise contrarian, but before last year, you had the Jets winning 4 games. A lot of the board had them at 7-10 or 8-9. I had them at 7-10. Were us optimists “unhinged”?

FYI, nobody knows what is going to happen and you can be just as delusional being negative as being positive. 

you can always point to the bad  NYJ history, but that has nothing to do with 2023. 

I have no problem with optimism — founded or unhinged — but why the brutal assault questioning the fandom of those who don’t share that view?

• Upvote 3

Just now, jgb said:

I have no problem with optimism — founded or unhinged — but why the brutal assault questioning the fandom of those who don’t share that view?

I would never question the fandom of @bitonti and I agree that people with unpopular views get picked on and that sucks. 

I’ve been rooting for this team for three decades - I understand being negative about the Jets.

I’m just pushing back against the I told you so stuff because it does work both ways. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I would never question the fandom of @bitonti and I agree that people with unpopular views get picked on and that sucks. 

I’ve been rooting for this team for three decades - I understand being negative about the Jets.

I’m just pushing back against the I told you so stuff because it does work both ways. 

I’m actually optimistic about this upcoming season — a rarity for me — but I completely get where bit and the skeptics are coming from. Fact is, in a world that throws people aside based on one wrong take, the pessimists have a ton more credibility when it comes to the Jets.

But agree with you — fandom has all sorts of flavors. Spitting one out because it’s not your exact match is lame.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yep, Rodgers is typically a slow starter. With his age it’s very unlikely that will get better. 

He's had a bad week 1 the past couple of years, but on the whole this really isn't true. His September stats throughout his career are pretty much the same as his career stats overall.

Screenshot2023-05-13at10_36_25AM.thumb.png.8d350c383f9d115b9a478f7c0178f73d.png

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He may not be wrong.  I mean it's unlikely we lose all 4...but 1-3 isn't out of the question.

It's not that the record won't be recoverable but...

If it gets any worse from there...The boos will start, media will go crazy, players and HC will start pointing fingers and the wheels can fall off very quickly.

Remember when we did this last year?  

13 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

He's had a bad week 1 the past couple of years, but on the whole this really isn't true. His September stats throughout his career are pretty much the same as his career stats overall.

Screenshot2023-05-13at10_36_25AM.thumb.png.8d350c383f9d115b9a478f7c0178f73d.png

Was gonna do this myself but decided to let it go. Glad someone did. :D 

4 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

Absolutely correct- but I have a feeling if the Jets beat Buffalo (they will imo) they are going to do some serious damage including trouncing the Patriots. 

I think the Jets go 4-2 in that stretch. Losing to KC and Philadelphia - who they never beat - and will finish 12-5 and win the division.

• Upvote 1