DeAndre Hopkins Released And Then Played Great For the Titans Who Intelligently Signed Him. This is real life, not Madden.

7 hours ago, Larz said:

He didn’t want to come here and if he was here he would have left already.  

should 

I

say

it

slower 

for 

you 

?

Hopkins said that only the Titans were interested in him. I’m sure if the jets made a legit offer he’d entertain it at least

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2023 at 1:07 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

QB: Aaron Rodgers

WR1: Garrett Wilson

WR2: DeAndre Hopkins

WR3: Lazard

WR4: lol, who cares

TE: Conklin

RB: Breeeeeeeece

Top 5 offense

QB: Aaron Rodgers

WR1: Davante Adams

WR2: Garrett Wilson

WR3: Lazard

WR4: Cowling round 4 

TE: Conklin

RB: Breeeeeeeece

Top 5 offense

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2023 at 11:14 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Here's some facts:

DeAndre Hopkins 2023

68 reception

1011 yards

6 TDs 

Still one game to go.

Happy New Year.

I still like Hopkins.  Yes he's aged and lost some speed and separation, but the guy still has one of the best pair of hands in the league.  If the price is right (low) he waould be a nice compliment to Garrett.

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2023 at 11:14 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Here's some facts:

DeAndre Hopkins 2023

68 reception

1011 yards

6 TDs 

Still one game to go.

Happy New Year.

I can’t be certain but I’d bet good money I prob told all of you I’d of signed him. 

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/2/2023 at 12:27 PM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yes. I'm projecting based on age and using history and comparable players.  Father Time never loses and NFL receivers get old after 30.  This is real life, not Madden.  Just take a look at some comparable players.

Julio Jones

• Age 29 - 16 games   113 receptions   1677 yards. 8 TD
  • Age 30 - 15 games.   99 receptions.   1394 yards. 6 TDs
  • Age 31 - 9 games.    51 receptions.     771 yards    3 TDs
  • Age 32 - 10 games   31 receptions     434 yards   1 TD

AJ Green

• Age 29 - 16 games    75 receptions   1078 yards    8 TDS
  • Age 30- 9 games     46 receptions     694 yards.  6 TDs
  • Age 31 - DNP Injured
  • Age 32. 16 games.    47 receptions.   523 yards   2 TDs

Hopkins

• Age 28 - 16 games    115 receptions    1407 yards.  6 TDs
  • Age 29.  10 games     42 receptions   527 yards.  8 TDs
  • Age 30.  9 games.    64 receptions.    717 yards   3 TDs

Want to fill in the age 31 and 32 seasons for Hopkins?  I would bet that they are very similar to the last two seasons for Jones and Green.  If you want to pay $30+ million over two years for that kind of production, I wish you were the Bills GM.  I'm not saying he wasn't good or very very good. I'm saying the odds are overwhelming that he won't be good going forward.  It's foolish to pay for past performance. A smart GM pays for future performance and it would appear pretty certain that Hopkins either plays and doesn't have more than 50 catches for 600 yards and a few TDs or that he misses half the season or more with an injury.  The Jets can get that or more from the players currently on the roster for a lot less money.  

If you disagree with my analysis, refute it with facts on other players in the last 10-15 years.  I'll wait.  You might find one or two that had good seasons at age 32 15-20 years ago, but nobody recently.  

• Barry McCockinner changed the title to DeAndre Hopkins Released And Then Played Great For the Titans Who Intelligently Signed Him
  • Barry McCockinner changed the title to DeAndre Hopkins Released And Then Played Great For the Titans Who Intelligently Signed Him. This is real life not Madden.
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Instead we went with Lazard.  Now we’re hoping Corey Davis comes outta retirement 

We are? Or you just being you? Now that’s fine, you cool, but just making sure. Personally I think they  we are hoping the old dude from LA with the bum  knee is going to be able to be the #2. Corey Davis didn’t get a fair shake here IMHFO. Zach effect and all. 

• Barry McCockinner changed the title to DeAndre Hopkins Released And Then Played Great For the Titans Who Intelligently Signed Him. This is real life, not Madden.