Sons Of Anarchy Mafia: Day 3

1 hour ago, jgb said:

My wife’s father had a health crisis and we are rushing out of the country to be with him. I’m sure they’ll be a lot of waiting sitting around for news so not pulling the ripcord on participating, yet.

Oh and congrats @Drums on getting another human to tolerate you. You must be a real slick customer.

Unvote.

Best of luck to your father in law jgb

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Beaver said:

This might be the first theme I have played in Mafia that I am unfamiliar with.   Never watched the show but always heard good things about it.

I used to have like a solid top 3-5 favorite shows but there are so many damn good ones, it's kind of like become music/movies, etc for me where I have to break it down to categories and lists but SOA is way up there for me, one of my all time favorites.  I know some people got frustrated w/ how it finished but I personally loved it start to finish.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

My wife’s father had a health crisis and we are rushing out of the country to be with him. I’m sure they’ll be a lot of waiting sitting around for news so not pulling the ripcord on participating, yet.

Oh and congrats @Drums on getting another human to tolerate you. You must be a real slick customer.

Unvote.

sending positive vibes your way

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Alright.   So I finally read the prompt.   Let’s bag the game and go kill the Mayans.  Every last one of them.  

Nothing complicated but it’s ends with blenders, zip lock bags, and a friendly note to lighten the mood when we drop the bags off to their families.

— 

Also heads up I’m going to be on vacation and probably will be offline for some chunks of time.   I’m celebrating @Drums anniversary.  

Vacation? How scummy. I like my vote. Heading to the beach 7/2. 

• Haha 1

Remember when we were all excited about the Jets DL when it contained the following:

• Muhammad Wilkerson
  • Sheldon Richardson
  • Damon "Snacks" Harrison

And someone (maybe @Klecko73isGod?) wanted to nickname the DL "Sons of Anarchy"?

Good times.

EDIT:  After some research, apparently that DL tried to give themselves that nickname.  Lame.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I used to have like a solid top 3-5 favorite shows but there are so many damn good ones, it's kind of like become music/movies, etc for me where I have to break it down to categories and lists but SOA is way up there for me, one of my all time favorites.  I know some people got frustrated w/ how it finished but I personally loved it start to finish.

I enjoyed the first few seasons, but was never able to finish. It’s been a while now, think I probably stopped watching around season 6? Without giving too much away, felt things got too contrived, especially with the gymnastics to keep one particular character alive way longer than they should have.

12 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Alright.   So I finally read the prompt.   Let’s bag the game and go kill the Mayans.  Every last one of them.  

Nothing complicated but it’s ends with blenders, zip lock bags, and a friendly note to lighten the mood when we drop the bags off to their families.

— 

Also heads up I’m going to be on vacation and probably will be offline for some chunks of time.   I’m celebrating @Drums anniversary.  

I’ll allow you to celebrate it. Last night I was walking down la playa and some dude’s sitting there like “wanna get hiiigh?” He proceeded to say the cartels run this area and you could smoke anywhere but his prices were higher than the weed he was probably selling. So if you see him, let me know how it is. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Unvote.

sh*t man I hope everything works out. And thanks for that. I am definitely lucky haha. She even supports my Jets obsession which could have been a dealbreaker haha. Any time we see a sports team’s shirts in a store, I’m like “in a year or two this will all be Jets”. Been saying that for years but I think this time it’s true!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beaver said:

This might be the first theme I have played in Mafia that I am unfamiliar with.   Never watched the show but always heard good things about it.

Same. I need to check this show out. My dad was in a motorcycle gang and I used to go to the clubhouse and sh*t. He used to build motorcycles in our garage and even took my Splinter toy and glued it to his Harley back in the day. One of my earliest memories is melting a bit of the sole of my LA Gears on the tailpipe. I still have my leather jacket with all my pins from when I was like 4 years old. 

Ps I got the flu the day before I left and haven’t been able to drink even though I feel fine because of the meds so now Im finally able to have some at the beach and am a little drunk already haha so pardon all the word vomit. Last full day here :(

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

I enjoyed the first few seasons, but was never able to finish. It’s been a while now, think I probably stopped watching around season 6? Without giving too much away, felt things got too contrived, especially with the gymnastics to keep one particular character alive way longer than they should have.

I cant remember what season were what honestly,  the entire one in Ireland always throws me off but the last huge surprise vs. the Black gang, was probably the last holy sh*t moment of the show and I know a lot of peeps feel the same way and I cant say it was as good but I still enjoyed the direction/new characters. 

41 minutes ago, Drums said:

Same. I need to check this show out. My dad was in a motorcycle gang and I used to go to the clubhouse and sh*t. He used to build motorcycles in our garage and even took my Splinter toy and glued it to his Harley back in the day. One of my earliest memories is melting a bit of the sole of my LA Gears on the tailpipe. I still have my leather jacket with all my pins from when I was like 4 years old. 

I would imagine, you'd appreciate the show if that was the case.  A ton of it is shot at their clubhouse and they own a garage. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JiF said:

I would imagine, you'd appreciate the show if that was the case.  A ton of it is shot at their clubhouse and they own a garage. 

Yeah it is on my list because I know it is good but I struggle to start anything new. Just like Ozark. 

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

For some more good news, after a long night at the hospital for myself and Mrs. Jvill as well, Baby Jvill #2 has arrived happy and healthy and ready to kick off her first year of involuntary Jets fanhood with a Super Bowl (I believe in teaching them about heartbreak and disappointment at a young age)

Congrats! 

vote jvill for overpopulating the Earth 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

For some more good news, after a long night at the hospital for myself and Mrs. Jvill as well, Baby Jvill #2 has arrived happy and healthy and ready to kick off her first year of involuntary Jets fanhood with a Super Bowl (I believe in teaching them about heartbreak and disappointment at a young age)

Congratulations!

14 hours ago, jgb said:

Long night at hospital. Looks like he will make it. Will he be the same we will see. Appreciate the wishes, again. Especially you @The Crusher because fantasizing about you swimming in an ice cream sundae the size of a kiddie pool sustained me overnight.

Good news.   Good to hear that he is going to make it.   Still hoping to hear more good news.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Congratulations!!!!   Awesome news!    

As dawn breaks, the members of SAMCRO gather in the clubhouse, the atmosphere thick with tension. The loss of their brother, Ape, has left an open wound, the pain still raw and the thirst for vengeance simmering beneath the surface.

Their meeting is interrupted by the roar of a lone bike. Juice Ortiz rolls in, his face serious, the familiar cocky grin nowhere to be seen. The others turn to him, curiosity and concern painted on their faces.

theo-rossi-signed-sons-of-anarchy-juice-

"I got some news," he begins, his voice echoing in the silent room. He pauses, gathering his thoughts before he continues, "The Mayans... they're getting a shipment. Weapons, enough firepower to start a small war."

The room erupts into murmurs. Questions fly around - Who's the supplier? When is it happening? How did they get this information?

Jax Teller, President of SAMCRO, silences the room with a stern look. His eyes, filled with determination, scan the faces of his brothers. "We have a lead, and we're not letting this opportunity slip. The Mayans have made their move, now it's our turn."

sonsjax1129111129210702.jpg?w=300&h=245&

The mission is clear. They need to intercept this delivery, strip the Mayans of their newfound firepower, and send a message loud and clear - SAMCRO won't be taken down so easily.

As the day progresses, Charming seems eerily quiet. An ominous calm before the storm. The battle lines have been drawn, the war declared. Only the strongest will prevail.

On 7/1/2023 at 9:41 AM, jvill 51 said:

Congrats!  At least I wont be the only one not sleeping, changing diapers and getting puked on while I try to play this silly game.  Actually, for both our sake, heads or tails to get voted off?!

lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Congrats!  At least I wont be the only one not sleeping, changing diapers and getting puked on while I try to play this silly game.  Actually, for both our sake, heads or tails to get voted off?!

lol 

Thanks for upvoting one of my posts, you’re a mensch. Had completely forgot a game was on after the trials of the weekend. And judging by the lack of posts, many others have, as well.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Nice game, I think I’ll play. Tomorrow. 

Greetings from the beach!!

D2BCD29B-9EDD-4546-9044-139416A874E6.jpeg

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hot coffee, on the beach, on July 4th? 

Impressive. 

So today we learned that pooping in the ocean is one of Crusher’s annual traditions.  To the surprise of no one.  

• Haha 2

On 6/29/2023 at 7:04 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Official Day 1 Vote Count:

hal (1) - crusher

80 (1) - jgb

drums (1) - jvill

beaver (1) - hal

crusher (1) - beaver

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Crusher voted Hall, Hal voted Beaver, Beaver voted Crusher

Pulp Fiction Thinking GIF

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2023 at 6:25 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Official Day 1 Vote Count:

beaver (2) - hal, 80

hal (1) - crusher

drums (1) - jvill

crusher (1) - beaver

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

vote Hal for competing trains