Rodgers sharpening the defense

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much.  I’ve told since I was a kid that you get better practicing against better players.  The CS thinks it will help.  The players tell us it’s helped, they’re learning more.  

Seems like you have all the answers. Hope you enjoyed validating  yourself.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Seems like you have all the answers. Hope you enjoyed validating  yourself.  

This is tiring.  
It’s as basic a theory as you can find, time tested and accepted but you decide to argue that it’s wrong because there’s no advantage to practicing against better competition in your opinion.  
Then complain that every response is you’re wrong.  
Which get the snarky, dumb response above.  I didn’t argue with you but you decided it was time for an argument.  you’re  
Don’t respond, I’m leaving what’s sure to be an endless defense of a bad take and more snarky comments

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/4/2023 at 5:36 PM, Beerfish said:

Zac Wilson beat Aaron Rodgers last year......we are in serious trouble here.

200w.gif?cid=790b7611zcvvfs0tzurzp9h79gd

Funny when I turned on the TV to watch the game it looked like the Jets were playing and beating the Packers. 
Funny when people argue against ZWs wins they point to his numbers in the GB game.  Now when someone wants to attack Rodgers, this

• More Ugh 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This is tiring.  
It’s as basic a theory as you can find, time tested and accepted but you decide to argue that it’s wrong because there’s no advantage to practicing against better competition in your opinion.  
Then complain that every response is you’re wrong.  
Which get the snarky, dumb response above.  I didn’t argue with you but you decided it was time for an argument.  you’re  
Don’t respond, I’m leaving what’s sure to be an endless defense of a bad take and more snarky comments

Defense? What have I defended with you. I have to say, you answer my post with what I consider a rude response and I just basically made a response to let you know I wasn't going to engage in sarcastic manner and you even respond to those. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 7/4/2023 at 5:15 AM, BP said:

I still remember the first play from scrimmage against the Seahawks in a must win game going 90 yards and not being able to stop geno smith all day. And then the jags game at home not being able to stop their offense all day in another must win game. This was reality for the great/vaunted jets defense of 2022. These things stick in my head because they disgusted me.

NY Jets are still the defending off season champions for 13 years.

This smacks of blaming the D for not winning the super bowl in 2009 and 2010.  I tend to agree that the D is not quite as great as some on here think, but they are certainly good.  The Jags game they had like -10 minutes TOP.  The 1st ******* drive they handed the O the ball inside the 20 and they go negative 3 yards and kick a field goal for their only points.  You're disgusted because you live like it's 1978.  Nobody gets shut out anymore, except the 2022 Jets. They played very well in the 2nd half of both those games.  I do question just how good they are.  I think they are going to be scoring points and teams won't be taking their foot off the gas.  That will let them get more turnovers, but will also put more pressure on the D and they will probably give up more yards and points. 

They did make some moves.  I think they mildly downgraded from Rankins, but I am hopeful for McDonald.  Considering how much they rotate, I think they have improved, even at DT.  I believe they upgraded S, even after the big injury to Clark.  I am not that concerned about LB.   They just don't play that much.  It is just guys to run to the ball.  Defensive version of RB.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2023 at 9:09 AM, BP said:

I think Saleh just cheerleads. The last game of the season flaco had to take a timeout early in the second half and  yelling at saleh for taking forever to get a running play in lol and Saleh is going with his hands “it’s ok” well guess what? It’s not ok, that’s bad coaching. Actually not bad, just incompetence.

geez you guys got me all fired up now lol

Saleh was calling plays on Offense? 

Cnn Media GIF

On 7/5/2023 at 2:38 AM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Our bad ass d never sharpened Sanchez or any of our bums. I wonder is that is only a one way street. I suppose a good def would make a QB better just never seen it. It might only be a good qb makes a def better.

Last time Rodger had a remotely good def that didn't give up 40 a game. He won the Superbowl

It's going to be a good year 

Rex and that idiot DC we had actually stifled the Offense in practices. Calling Defense in 11 on 11s like it was the ******* AFCCG. 

"Defenes rules this roost". 

Morons.

Defense? What have I defended with you. I have to say, you answer my post with what I consider a rude response and I just basically made a response to let you know I wasn't going to engage in sarcastic manner and you even respond to those. 

You’ve got serious issues.  I said nothing rude.  Grow up already.  
Nobody agrees with you.  Get that?

• More Ugh 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You’ve got serious issues.  I said nothing rude.  Grow up already.  
Nobody agrees with you.  Get that?

Do you realize you are actually arguing with yourself. I mean have I said anything contrary. Oh, btw, the rude thing was just to see you tell me how messed up I am like you always do but keep telling me how nobody agrees with me and everyone thinks I am wrong. I'm sure that is giving you a big Woody. 

Don't forget my confused emoji

• Haha 1

Do you realize you are actually arguing with yourself. I mean have I said anything contrary. Oh, btw, the rude thing was just to see you tell me how messed up I am like you always do but keep telling me how nobody agrees with me and everyone thinks I am wrong. I'm sure that is giving you a big Woody. 

You live in a fantasy world and have lost touch with reality.

Again you manage to insult and then make up shlt that didn’t happen.  It’s much more fun when you do it to others.   Find the post where I told you how messed up you were.  Before you had a hissy fit and decided it was time to get snarky.  
I just wrote what every single has said in response to your bad take.  Everyone.   As is your style you insult and then claim someone insulted you first when that’s clearly BS.  As I said tiring

• More Ugh 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You live in a fantasy world and have lost touch with reality.

Again you manage to insult and then make up shlt that didn’t happen.  It’s much more fun when you do it to others.   Find the post where I told you how messed up you were.  Before you had a hissy fit and decided it was time to get snarky.  
I just wrote what every single has said in response to your bad take.  Everyone.   As is your style you insult and then claim someone insulted you first when that’s clearly BS.  As I said tiring

<You’ve got serious issues.>

I guess in your world that isn't  saying you are messed up. You really should get yourself  checked for dementia.

AGAIN, I haven't  said anything contrary  to you yet you just keep arguing. People like you can start a fight in an empty elevator.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Oh no.  Be clear after you posted back to back snarky posts for no reason at all I’m saying you have issues and messed up.   

What 4 or more posts back I asked you to end it but YOU continue to not be capable of doing that.  Then you feel you get to claim I’m arguing.  

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Jetnuts only contributions to the board is moggles lol he gets very angry at any negativity (check that “what he appears to perceive as negativity”)

Just ignore him. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Saleh was calling plays on Offense? 

Cnn Media GIF

Flacco had to call the timeout because he was daydreaming. Is he not responsible for managing the game when an idiot is up in the press box?  Or is it just rah rah rah and fist bumps?

21 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

This smacks of blaming the D for not winning the super bowl in 2009 and 2010.  I tend to agree that the D is not quite as great as some on here think, but they are certainly good.  The Jags game they had like -10 minutes TOP.  The 1st ******* drive they handed the O the ball inside the 20 and they go negative 3 yards and kick a field goal for their only points.  You're disgusted because you live like it's 1978.  Nobody gets shut out anymore, except the 2022 Jets. They played very well in the 2nd half of both those games.  I do question just how good they are.  I think they are going to be scoring points and teams won't be taking their foot off the gas.  That will let them get more turnovers, but will also put more pressure on the D and they will probably give up more yards and points. 

They did make some moves.  I think they mildly downgraded from Rankins, but I am hopeful for McDonald.  Considering how much they rotate, I think they have improved, even at DT.  I believe they upgraded S, even after the big injury to Clark.  I am not that concerned about LB.   They just don't play that much.  It is just guys to run to the ball.  Defensive version of RB.  

Not being ready to play in big games and dressing up like clowns during pregame gets old after a while, don’t you think? The excuses never end. I’m just tired of never ending excuses, that’s all. They have A LOT to say on social media about how great they are. How about put up or shut up?

49 minutes ago, BP said:

Jetnuts only contributions to the board is moggles lol he gets very angry at any negativity (check that “what he appears to perceive as negativity”)

Just ignore him. 

Like you ignore me? With 6 neg reps?  Ignore has an alternative meaning with people like you.  Not seeing your contribution here.  Or why you neg repped both of us.  
I’ll perceive what I want as negativity.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Like you ignore me? With 6 neg reps?  Ignore has an alternative meaning with people like you.  Not seeing your contribution here.  Or why you neg repped both of us.  

Here’s a perfect example. He thumbs down or confuses everything I posted in this thread, first. Gets a little bit of truth fisted down his throat and now we have a grade A crybaby :rl: 

ooooohhhh bp neg repped me!!!! Bwahahaha your crocodile tears are entertaining 

1 hour ago, BP said:

Here’s a perfect example. He thumbs down or confuses everything I posted in this thread, first. Gets a little bit of truth fisted down his throat and now we have a grade A crybaby :rl: 

ooooohhhh bp neg repped me!!!! Bwahahaha your crocodile tears are entertaining 

Missed the point by a mile.  You tell him to ignore me while you cant.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't really know what is going on, but I have a pretty good idea why he neg repped both of you.  It makes perfect sense to me. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't really know what is going on, but I have a pretty good idea why he neg repped both of you.  It makes perfect sense to me. 

Getting a down vote from @Jet Nut is sort a badge of honor around here. I wear them proudly. Pretty sure I'll get another to add to the trophy case now

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Getting a down vote from @Jet Nut is sort a badge of honor around here. I wear them proudly. Pretty sure I'll get another to add to the trophy case now

Sure it is.  
You just sat that because you’re the only I give them to

26 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I was talking about @BP.. . .

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure it is.  
You just sat that because you’re the only I give them to

but you two just go on with your bad selves.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I should have known better than to engage cowbell.  That’s why in my first few posts I said I didn’t want fall into his endless circle.  Because we all know no matter how wrong, he’ll never stop.  And really didn’t need BP to relight the fuse on a thread I’m embarrassed to say I was a part of.  

i should have walked away.  So I’ll apologize to all.  

On 7/5/2023 at 3:41 AM, BP said:

We need linebackers, desperately. And not retreads. Cj Mosley is basically nothing more than our defensive coordinator. When he’s hurt the defense is lost on the field. When he’s on the field he’s a non factor physically. He was really bad last year. Kwon Alexander made an impact last year but he’s still a FA.

Which is why drafting McDuck was just imbecilic.  Should have hopped on Jack Campbell LB from Iowa.  Dude is a monster and could have been under Mosley's wing for a year and taken over the following year.  And his name is Jack. Every hero in the movies is named Jack, not McDuck.

You Got That Right!

jack.jpg

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I should have known better than to engage cowbell.  That’s why in my first few posts I said I didn’t want fall into his endless circle.  Because we all know no matter how wrong, he’ll never stop.  And really didn’t need BP to relight the fuse on a thread I’m embarrassed to say I was a part of.  

i should have walked away.  So I’ll apologize to all.  

Just a refresher and I’ll also drop it. You were not only engaging cowbell, but you were @ him which blows up his notifications. So you knew exactly what you were doing. Now take your own advice and let it go.

Have a nice day sir

On 7/6/2023 at 7:34 PM, Larz said:

So it’s cool to have a QB with something like 14,000 snaps under his belt that is so invested in winning that he is actively working with the secondary on disguising coverages 

He seems invested in many different ways.

image.thumb.png.b67974ad37763669ff56eb47eab7ca11.png

• Upvote 1