Rodgers sharpening the defense

Agree that statistics tend to warp reality. Though statistically they ranked high, in reality they allowed too many frustrating drives having a hard time getting offenses off the field when they needed to. 
That being said they were much improved but to the naked eye the impression was they were not a top 5 defense. Aaron Rodgers will make this a better defense

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BP said:

I still remember the first play from scrimmage against the Seahawks in a must win game going 90 yards and not being able to stop geno smith all day. And then the jags game at home not being able to stop their offense all day in another must win game. This was reality for the great/vaunted jets defense of 2022. These things stick in my head because they disgusted me.

NY Jets are still the defending off season champions for 13 years.

At first this a tough read but it is so damn true. 
I am optimistic as well regarding the d, but the above Is simply stating a fact that has to be turned around for success.

first drive against buff can’t be 80 yards soft coverage and a 7 minute td drive

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, BP said:

I still remember the first play from scrimmage against the Seahawks in a must win game going 90 yards and not being able to stop geno smith all day. And then the jags game at home not being able to stop their offense all day in another must win game. This was reality for the great/vaunted jets defense of 2022. These things stick in my head because they disgusted me.

Game planning & coaching were the things that decided this game.

Seahags stayed away from from Sauce & Reed and focused on TE over the middle of the field opening up some running lanes( Walker 60 yd. run to open game).

Saleh & Ulbrich didn’t make proper adjustments. Seattle is a tough stadium to win in. Mike White had 2 Int. The ship was taking on water for the previous 5 weeks and we never recovered.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, BP said:

Don’t forget letting the Lions score the go ahead points on a trick 50 yard play to their seldom used TE in the final minute at home.

Or CJ Mosley astonishingly jumping offsides on a 4th down everyone knew wasnt going to be snapped to let the Bills score an end of half TD that wouldn’t have been in a scoreless game at Buffalo.

The above 2 killer plays by Mosley were just as bad as JFM’s 2 late hits yet nobody talks about because it’s CJ Mosley.

Jets need to learn how to win, not just on offense but on defense.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

What really scares me is that the team seems to be savouring their farts like fine wine.

I pray they realize that improvement is required on both sides of the ball.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

This I think sets a bad example for the players. You have the owner bragging on social media how great the jets and their players are, yet they’ve accomplished nothing but an awful losing streak to end a promising season. And the coach is alongside him giggling.

The message to the players should be that this is a new 16 game season and what you did in the past means nothing. But they won’t, because the Jets never learn.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Don’t forget letting the Lions score the go ahead points on a trick 50 yard play to their seldom used TE in the final minute at home.

Or CJ Mosley astonishingly jumping offsides on a 4th down everyone knew wasnt going to be snapped to let the Bills score an end of half TD that wouldn’t have been in a scoreless game at Buffalo.

The above 2 killer plays by Mosley were just as bad as JFM’s 2 late hits yet nobody talks about because it’s CJ Mosley.

Jets need to learn how to win, not just on offense but on defense.  

Thanks for the reminder lol I was trying to forget as much of the end of last year as possible. The coaching and teaching needs to step up this year. But im afraid our coaches are in over their heads. When you have a hof qb having to coach your defense, it’s a sad state of affairs on the sideline.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, BP said:

I think Saleh just cheerleads. The last game of the season flaco had to take a timeout early in the second half and  yelling at saleh for taking forever to get a running play in lol and Saleh is going with his hands “it’s ok” well guess what? It’s not ok, that’s bad coaching. Actually not bad, just incompetence.

geez you guys got me all fired up now lol

There is no excuse for teams not to be pretty perfect with game management. Just hire a bunch of computer science interns to crunch data all game and feed probabilities/recommendations to the HC.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BP said:

It’s not ok, that’s bad coaching. Actually not bad, just incompetence.

You deserve to be upset. Saleh was exposed along with MiLf. Let’s hope Hackett’s experience and Rodgers intellect can eliminate many of the decision making brain farts coming from the sidelines last season.

Not every play is going to work but let’s hope our players feel confident in the coaching staff and their decision making. Buffalo, KC, Eagles… heck, even the Giants players have that confidence in their coaches.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

And STILL was a top 10 defense.  With practicing against AR, drafting McDonald, Lawson being a bit more back to form, and Johnson and Clemons stepping up more this year, this defense could be SICK.

As long as reed and sauce stay healthy.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

You deserve to be upset. Saleh was exposed along with MiLf. Let’s hope Hackett’s experience and Rodgers intellect can eliminate many of the decision making brain farts coming from the sidelines last season.

Not every play is going to work but let’s hope our players feel confident in the coaching staff and their decision making. Buffalo, KC, Eagles… heck, even the Giants players have that confidence in their coaches.

You think A Rodgers going to listen to listen to any OC.  You think A Rodgers and D Adams ran the plays that were drawn up.  They improvised , and did their own thing.    Some coaches can’t handle that , but Jet coaches seem content to let him do his thing.    Not a bad thing if they have success .

30 minutes ago, BP said:

Picking up on your concerns on the Jets D… after watching about 12 minutes of highlight plays of that game, our LB corp is still a big weakness. Jets need an instinctual impact player at MLB… not a reactionary player. 

Mosely is a shell of his former self and not worth a $21 m cap hit. I am hopeful that JD can pull off a trade or there’s someone on the roster who can step up and make plays

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

At first this a tough read but it is so damn true. 
I am optimistic as well regarding the d, but the above Is simply stating a fact that has to be turned around for success.

first drive against buff can’t be 80 yards soft coverage and a 7 minute td drive

Again we are going to find out just how good the Jet defense is. ( they played a lot backup Qbs) and their offense was so poor, that opposing teams didn’t have to take chances .  

Jets have some nice pieces on defense.  defense line was very good, and their cb play was very good.( those things work hand and hand). Again not going to claim that they don’t have some top talent there .

Every team has some faults , no team perfect, Jet defense has their faults too .  
The quality of offense they  will see this year, they will earn that reputation if they are way up there again.( defensive rankings)   

• Upvote 2

I have as much confidence in Saleh as I do a fart after drinking colonoscopy prep.
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BP said:

I remember those games showing an inept offense unable to stay on the field and give the D a breather.   With Rodgers here, I would expect that to no longer be an issue.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, BP said:

Some of this has to do with the defense being worn down from all the 3 and out's the offense produced over the course of the year and also playing 2 teams that were on a roll at the time. The defense was not top 5 worthy IMO but I do think there is truth playing against AR in practice is going to help a good deal. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BP said:

And both those games came near the end of the season where the defense was gassed after playing 65 percent of the snaps for the year.

But you are right.....they had a chance to help us make the playoffs and didn't.  But I disagree that it was them that let us down.  With ANY kind of offense, we make the playoffs, and probably win a game or two with that defense.  We shall see this year. 

7 hours ago, BP said:

What moves did the Jets make the past few years to even win the offseason? I get the joke but they were predicted to be in last place each year and that is where they finished. So they didn't even win the perception game in the offseason.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

What moves did the Jets make the past few years to even win the offseason? I get the joke but they were predicted to be in last place each year and that is where they finished. So they didn't even win the perception game in the offseason.

It’s the hype I’m talking about, not specific moves. And the Jets also played a part in huge expectations each off season.  My point with that statement is meant to be don’t put too much into off season talk when they consistently sh*t the bed. And they have a fantastic track record of doing that and regressing.

• WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Forgot to mention. Why do the Jets keep raising ticket prices for a last place team? The giants have won 2 Super Bowls in the last 15 years and I think their tickets are a little bit cheaper. I know from going to away games that almost every other nfl team in the league has cheaper ticket prices. And the parking pass bs lol all for a last place team.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

You think A Rodgers going to listen to listen to any OC.  You think A Rodgers and D Adams ran the plays that were drawn up.  They improvised , and did their own thing.    Some coaches can’t handle that , but Jet coaches seem content to let him do his thing.    Not a bad thing if they have success .

Considering that they both say that they are best friends and they collaborate together in an ego free way yes, I do think Rodgers and Hack will have a productive and positive relationship.  You have seen the numbers when they worked together in GB, right?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This is so BS. They are studying and learning how to play against Rogers. That does not mean this is how Tua will play them, or Herbert, or Allen, or any other QB not named Rogers. 

Srsly? Rodgers have a that unique  that the lesson can’t be applied to anyone else? 

34 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Are we talking about thebbasics or are we talking about learning the tendencies of a QB?

If the secondary gets to the point where they can fool a QB with 7,000 NFL pass attempts we’re good. Why on earth would you try to argue semantics about this? 

• Upvote 1