KLECKO TIME is here!!!!!

26 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You young fans may not be aware but for us older fans this Saturday is BIG.  The wrong that was done to Klecko is finally rectified and not only on a football measure but on a personal measure, what is happening this Saturday is for many of us personal.

This is a MUST video. Offensive lineman Joe Delamielere is a personal friend and fellow Charlotte resident. He was instrumental in Klecko's induction.

I will be in Canton from Thursday to Saturday, on the floor at the ceremony wearing my signed #73.

I am happy for Revis, but for many of us, Klecko's induction is huge.

JETS JETS JETS....... KLECKO!!!!

heavily taped ankles and he would kind of waddle out onto the field.

Then he simply kicked your ass.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

There is a bar called Joses's landing in Canton. My GF is from Canton and she took me there 6 years ago.  Told me it was the bar they went to after HS etc.  Very normal, average Joe bar, Browns/Indians bar.    I looked around, people treated me great and I told her. If Klecko EVER gets in the HOF I am coming here, wearing my #73, and I'm gonna buy a round for the house.

I will do that Friday afternoon around 3pm. 

https://joses-landing.business.site/

So awesome!! 

• Upvote 1

I was born in 1979 so Joe was one my faves as a kid, been wanting him to get in for decades.  Will be a GREAT day.

Once this is over, we can start the push for Gastineau - it'll never happen, he's very hateable. But of all the eat-glass juiced up idiots in the 80's he was an unstoppable force.  Terrible teammate, IQ of a melon, will never get over the roughing call, or Red Sonja, but in just the 81', 83' and 85' seasons the man had 61 SACKS - those numbers are better than Nick Bosa and teams didn't pass the ball like they do today.

Someone had to say it

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I was born in 1979 so Joe was one my faves as a kid, been wanting him to get in for decades.  Will be a GREAT day.

Once this is over, we can start the push for Gastineau - it'll never happen, he's very hateable. But of all the eat-glass juiced up idiots in the 80's he was an unstoppable force.  Terrible teammate, IQ of a melon, will never get over the roughing call, or Red Sonja, but in just the 81', 83' and 85' seasons the man had 61 SACKS - those numbers are better than Nick Bosa and teams didn't pass the ball like they do today.

Someone had to say it

don't forget "Walk Like an Egyptian" video...

I loved Gastineu too.  As a kid in house full of Giants fans, I actually was telling them all he was better than LT.  I know, I know....I was a kid, ok??

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

don't forget "Walk Like an Egyptian" video...

I loved Gastineu too.  As a kid in house full of Giants fans, I actually was telling them all he was better than LT.  I know, I know....I was a kid, ok??

I was the only jets fan in my house too! all giants fans living it up in the 80s.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

heavily taped ankles and he would kind of waddle out onto the field.

Then he simply kicked your ass.

I remember him sticking his finger in the face of an opposing offensive lineman after a play, and I remember whoever the opposing lineman, never even trying to knock away Joe Klecko's finger.  Klecko was afraid of no one, although many were afraid of Joe Klecko. When he was healthy, there was no one who could contain him one on one.  There was no doubt on the NY Sack Exchange who was the best on that line.  His teammates knew it was Joe Klecko, and all his opponents knew it was Joe Klecko.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

My 2nd all time favorite player. I had never seen anyone dominate like he did. He was a force for sure. I refused to go to the HOF until he was inducted and now will be at the ceremony close up.

Is anyone going to the HOF game? I'm not going for $150 a ticket, but may go if I can find a much cheaper ticket. Ridiculous that they are priced do high

26 minutes ago, billo83 said:

My 2nd all time favorite player. I had never seen anyone dominate like he did. He was a force for sure. I refused to go to the HOF until he was inducted and now will be at the ceremony close up.

Is anyone going to the HOF game? I'm not going for $150 a ticket, but may go if I can find a much cheaper ticket. Ridiculous that they are priced do high

I as you know will be in Canton but the HOF game seems like a "waste" as it is 4th stringers etc.

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

You young fans may not be aware but for us older fans this Saturday is BIG.  The wrong that was done to Klecko is finally rectified and not only on a football measure but on a personal measure, what is happening this Saturday is for many of us personal.

This is a MUST video. Offensive lineman Joe Delamielere is a personal friend and fellow Charlotte resident. He was instrumental in Klecko's induction.

I will be in Canton from Thursday to Saturday, on the floor at the ceremony wearing my signed #73.

I am happy for Revis, but for many of us, Klecko's induction is huge.

JETS JETS JETS....... KLECKO!!!!

The point made by Howie Long in this video should be considered whenever people try to compare QBs, WRs, pass rushers etc from the modern era to those that played in earlier eras.  Teams in the NFL just threw the ball far less in the past than they do now. That critical change in offensive strategy and rules changes significantly inflates passing stats and sack numbers for modern era players.  The passing yard totals from the QBs from the 60s and 70s would equate to 5500-6000 yards in a season when you account for completion percentages going from 50 to 60/70% and the number of passes thrown in a season from 470 to 650.  Add in the non-contact rules in today's game (for receivers and quarterbacks) and you easily see why it's a fallacy to judge QBs based on total stats rather than comparing QBs vs their peers.  

If Namath threw 600 passes in 1967 and completed 65% of them, he would have thrown for over 6000 yards.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I as you know will be in Canton but the HOF game seems like a "waste" as it is 4th stringers etc.

Exactly. That's why I don't want to go unless I can get a cheap ticket. Just not worth it. But it's a shame since you're right there