This Offense is not ready to hang with the big boys

Barton

23 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It sort of has to be.

If not this year, then next year.

Even if Rodgers is willing to play longer, he'll be in his age 40 season in '24.

The cliff could come at any time.  When it does, it's not pretty.

Just look at Big Ben, Matt Ryan, even Peyton the year the defense carried him to a title in Denver.

Not one of these QBs fell off of a cliff.  Every single one of them had a slow fall actually

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Facts said:

No one said he can’t be good this year. You seem to have made up an argument in your head and are fighting against it. What was said is that QB’s do eventually hit a cliff.

He’s responded to a post about “the cliff”

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Not one of these QBs fell off of a cliff.  

Uh, no. All 3 of those fell off a cliff. And many, many, many more.

Manning

2014: 39 TD, 15 INT

2015: 9 TD, 17 INT (retired)

Matt Ryan

2021: 20 TD, 12 INT

2022: 14 TD, 13 INT (retired)

Brett Favre

2009: 33 TD, 7 INT

2010: 11 TD, 19 INT (retired)

Tony Romo

2014: 34 TD, 9 INT

2015: 5 TD, 7 INT

Big Ben

2021 (first half): 13 TD, 4 INT

2021 (second half): 9 TD, 6 INT (retired)

This particular scenario scares me the most for Rodgers. Some older QB’s start strong but as the season wears on, their arm gets tired and they falter.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, Facts said:

Uh, no. All 3 of those fell off a cliff. And many, many, many more.

Manning

Matt Ryan

Brett Favre

Tony Romo

Big Ben

This particular scenario scares me the most for Rodgers. Some older QB’s start strong but as the season wears on, their arm gets tired and they falter.

Look at last few seasons, you can see a fade out.  
Romo was injured.  Manning was coming off of neck surgery.  Favres numbers were down in 2008, up in 2009, down in 2010.  
Rodgers was in hired a year ago and had young projects around him.  After coming off of two MVP seasons. 
You want it to be a fall off the Cliff seasons.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Manning wasn’t steeply.  
Matty Ice wasn’t steeply.  
Rodgers wasn’t steeply last season. 

Yea they were.

As I posted above.

Extremely steep drop off before retiring.

Manning

Matt Ryan

Brett Favre

Tony Romo

Big Ben

On 9/1/2023 at 11:43 AM, FidelioJet said:

I'm with you - and sure hope you're right.

Less than 10 days now.  That Monday is going to be a very long day.

I think you agree Monday night should tell us everything we need to know. Win or lose we will know if Rodgers is for real this year. I think they is no question. I think we win easy like multiple scores. Probably like 14 points

• Upvote 1

On 9/1/2023 at 11:27 AM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Lol Jimmy g is not good bro. Sorry to break it to you. Carr was.mucj better. Rest of offense is great but the QB is the prob

I do think Adams will get his etc. But ultimately Jimmy is going to be exposed. 49ers who were stacked hated him. You guys will too. But you guys top 10 for sure, just from Adams and Jacobs. Your coaching and QB will prevent you from doing anything good this year 

Wrong .  Josh McDaniel offense is 9 yards to 25 yards that’s where Jimmy G is T his best .( extremely accurate in that area - hit guys where they can big YAC. Aidan O’Connell has much stronger arm than Jimmy but like Jimmy G he’s extremely accurate in that range.( puts the football where has to be)  Ideally Raiders would like him to sit this year, but Jimmy gets hurt he can be very successful in this offense.

A Rodgers with D Adams was most effective 9 to 25 yards range.   Last year D Adams was more effective deep because that’s Carr game , but that’s  not Mcdaniels offense.  Carr one of the worst screen passes and not best throwing to the middle of the field . 

Carr just didn’t play well last year , ( he admitted it, and D Adams knows deep down that was the case.)  Josh Mcdaniels play designs puts his running backs in the best situation to be successful .     Three steps and the ball going to come out .  ( Carr held it too long )   This is the best set of weapons Jimmy G has ever had, as he has so many weapons to hurt a defense with.    

Raiders should be easy top five offense this year . They were just outside top 10 that with injuries to D Waller and Hunter Renfrow .    Mack Hollins was their number 2 Wr   .    Raiders are one deepest teams at Wr now ( more speed there too) but and te room is deep . ( better te room this year)       Jimmy G just has to be Jimmy G better in the redzone than D Carr . You can move the football at will but you keep settling for field goals than Tds you keep teams in the game.

now defense just has to be average say 18-20. And this team going to win a lot games.     This defense does have a lot young talent that doesn’t have to be top 10 this year( eventually it will be that)  Raiders punt and kicker are top three in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Wrong .  Josh McDaniel offense is 9 yards to 25 yards that’s where Jimmy G is T his best .( extremely accurate in that area - hit guys where they can big YAC. Aidan O’Connell has much stronger arm than Jimmy but like Jimmy G he’s extremely accurate in that range.( puts the football where has to be)  Ideally Raiders would like him to sit this year, but Jimmy gets hurt he can be very successful in this offense.

A Rodgers with D Adams was most effective 9 to 25 yards range.   Last year D Adams was more effective deep because that’s Carr game , but that’s  not Mcdaniels offense.  Carr one of the worst screen passes and not best throwing to the middle of the field . 

Carr just didn’t play well last year , ( he admitted it, and D Adams knows deep down that was the case.)  Josh Mcdaniels play designs puts his running backs in the best situation to be successful .     Three steps and the ball going to come out .  ( Carr held it too long )   This is the best set of weapons Jimmy G has ever had, as he has so many weapons to hurt a defense with.    

Raiders should be easy top five offense this year . They were just outside top 10 that with injuries to D Waller and Hunter Renfrow .    Mack Hollins was their number 2 Wr   .    Raiders are one deepest teams at Wr now ( more speed there too) but and te room is deep . ( better te room this year)       Jimmy G just has to be Jimmy G better in the redzone than D Carr . You can move the football at will but you keep settling for field goals than Tds you keep teams in the game.

now defense just has to be average say 18-20. And this team going to win a lot games.     This defense does have a lot young talent that doesn’t have to be top 10 this year( eventually it will be that)  Raiders punt and kicker are top three in the NFL. 

Enjoy those 1 touchdown games.

59 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Jimmy G is not prolific but he's underrated as a passer. #6 all-time QB rating, in fact. With a terrible Raiders defense and Devante Adams, he very well might have his best year on a per-game production basis... until he gets hurt.

• Upvote 3

Comparing QB's in the seventies to QB's today is absurd. Over the past decade, the NFL has implemented rules to protect the QB, thus keeping them more healthy and less injury prone than their predecessors. A QB was pretty much treated the same way a RB was treated in terms of hitting them and tackling them. 

It's no mystery why Tom Brady could still play at age 45 at peak performance. And I don't believe that he is an outlier, I think we are going to see more 45 year old QB's in the NFL in the future. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Jimmy G is not prolific but he's underrated as a passer. #6 all-time QB rating, in fact. With a terrible Raiders defense and Devante Adams, he very well might have his best year on a per-game production basis... until he gets hurt.

Imagine that having the one of the best WR in the game would improve your numbers as a QB. 

Look you can't try to sell jimmy g as a good QB when the numbers nor, eyeballs check out.

Aside getting hurt, jimmy is terrible qb. Bottom barrel. I mena better that our trash QBs but not good.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Imagine that having the one of the best WR in the game would improve your numbers as a QB. 

Look you can't try to sell jimmy g as a good QB when the numbers nor, eyeballs check out.

Aside getting hurt, jimmy is terrible qb. Bottom barrel. I mena better that our trash QBs but not good.

I'll stick to the objective facts (i.e., stats).

18 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Your examples of QBs, Romo, Ben & Mannings careers were killed after major injuries.  Favre was up and down, Ice faded

What are you arguing

Lol you said they didn’t fall of a cliff.

They clearly did and the stats prove it.

So you move the goal posts to “oh well it was actually injuries not age”. Uh, those go together.

And then the cherry on the cake is you not quoting my post, in the hopes that I wouldn’t see this one and call you out on the BS.

To answer what i’m arguing: I’m just showing the forum how terribly wrong you are.

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think you agree Monday night should tell us everything we need to know. Win or lose we will know if Rodgers is for real this year

Completely wrong.

We won’t know until late November.

As has been previously mentioned, older QB’s tend to look good at the start of the season. They just had 8 months of rest and their arm is fresh and their body is healed. After half of a season of throwing a lot and getting hit a lot, it takes a toll and their play sometimes declines.

We will know around Thanksgiving if Rodgers has hit that point or if we are good for the stretch run.

• Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, Facts said:

Except when those stats show that QB’s fall off a cliff around the age Rodgers is (or younger).

Then those facts/stats get thrown away and replaced with excuses.

Can you summarize these phantom excuses I've made? While you're at that, still waiting for you to provide evidence for your baloney assertion that I disputed that JJ was overdrafted.

Scared Still Waiting GIF by Looney Tunes

Just now, jgb said:

Can you summarize these phantom excuses I've made. While you're at that, still waiting for you to provide evidence for your baloney assertion that I disputed that JJ was overdrafted.

You told another poster that the QB’s he mentioned did not fall off a cliff.

They did.

I showed you the stats of how they did.

You made the excuse of “Injuries” (which are part of aging lol).

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I'll stick to the objective facts (i.e., stats).

Well here is a fact to consist and why I am sour on him as is the 49ers. He was blessed with wins while doing nothing. I.e. winning in spite of jimmy, because of the team.

Garoppolo’s record when he starts and doesn’t throw a TD pass is 10-2, the best record by any quarterback since 1950. 

Meaning he sucks ficks

Highest career winning percentage as starting QB since 1950 (regular season & postseason, min. 10 starts):

.833 - Jimmy Garoppolo when throwing 0 TD passes

.792 - Otto Graham (overall)

.783 - Patrick Mahomes (overall)

.766 - Daryle Lamonica (overall)

.759 - Tom Brady (overall

1 hour ago, Facts said:

Completely wrong.

We won’t know until late November.

As has been previously mentioned, older QB’s tend to look good at the start of the season. They just had 8 months of rest and their arm is fresh and their body is healed. After half of a season of throwing a lot and getting hit a lot, it takes a toll and their play sometimes declines.

We will know around Thanksgiving if Rodgers has hit that point or if we are good for the stretch run.

No it will be very obvious if we got a washed up Rodgers or the QB many of us expect and see at practice.

You are so concerned with generalities and cliches you are missing the obvious.

Game one is very important, cause we need to see if he can go. There is no injuries, he has all the weapons, if he is going to play at the level we want, you will see it. 

So no you are incorrect as usual.

But let's hope Rodgers is not getting hit alot

• Upvote 1