clayton on mike & mike

joewilly

john clayton told mike & mike titans want v young & matt leinart will fall to #4 for the jets.

I would be SHOCKED if they pass up Chow's boy, Leinart already knows their system. This has to be a smokescreen, if not I'm fine with getting the top rated qb in the draft at #4.

if Leinart's there we better grab him-I kinda doubt he WILL be though....we need to address the offense for a change with a top pick-we haven't for a while now-like 6 years,no wonder we suck(ed)

SFJ, who is going to protect this guy? Our O-line is worse (at the moment) than last year when we had two go down in the same game. I'm all for drafting a franchise QB, but, let's give this kid a line...don't you think?

SFJ, who is going to protect this guy? Our O-line is worse (at the moment) than last year when we had two go down in the same game. I'm all for drafting a franchise QB, but, let's give this kid a line...don't you think?

what are you TALKING about why just look at this powerhouse version of the Hogs we now have for an OL ;

LT 79 Jones Adrian 04/4 | | | |

LG 76 Morley Steven T/GB | 67 Nienhuis Doug P/Sea | | |

C 66 KENDALL Pete SF04 | 64 Katnik Norm P/SF | 60 Missant Charles CF05 | |

RG 65 Moore Brandon CF02 | 72 Snell Isaac CF05 | 62 King Michael CF05 | |

RT 77 Cavka Marko 04/6 | | |

Titans | Team definitely impressed with Leinart

Tue, 4 Apr 2006 06:32:07 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans walked away from two days of visiting with USC QB Matt Leinart "definitely impressed" by the quarterback. They worked him out Monday, April 3, and then had dinner with him and his family Monday evening. "Matt's very bright, which we expected,'' general manager Floyd Reese said. "I think he has a real passion for the game, which is very, very important. And it seems like he has his priorities pretty well squared away, and that is very important, too. On top of that he's a very talented quarterback. I'd say we were definitely impressed.'' They spent three hours watching film and going over plays with him on the chalkboard in a meeting room on the USC campus. Then they headed to the same practice field where Leinart showed his arm strength and mobility to NFL scouts at his Pro Day workout Sunday, April 2. As for the practice field, all indications were that Leinart threw better Monday than he did on Sunday. The Titans didn't ask Leinart to run the 40-yard dash. Reese said the Titans plan to have Leinart visit Tennessee soon as well.

Look..you can draft an O lineman at the end of rd 1..or rd 2 and rd 3...

If you have a top 5 pick you better you it on a game changer...

BRick is NOT a game changer..He wll not singlehandedly win games for you...

Bush and Leinert MAY be able to...

No LT has ever carried their team to a title...

but qb's and RBs have.

what are you TALKING about why just look at this powerhouse version of the Hogs we now have for an OL ;

LT 79 Jones Adrian 04/4 | | | |

LG 76 Morley Steven T/GB | 67 Nienhuis Doug P/Sea | | |

C 66 KENDALL Pete SF04 | 64 Katnik Norm P/SF | 60 Missant Charles CF05 | |

RG 65 Moore Brandon CF02 | 72 Snell Isaac CF05 | 62 King Michael CF05 | |

RT 77 Cavka Marko 04/6 | | |

You are kidding, right?

Hey the Giants didn't have the greatest O-Line when they traded up for Eli..

You know for the longest time I've been totally against us drafting Leinart but if he falls to us at 4 you've got to consider it.

The guy WANTS to play for the Jets and Ray Lucas wsas right in saying that Leinart fits into the offensive system here.

I really believe that you start with the offensive line and defensive line and work your way back out so I'd really like either D'Brickshaw Ferguson or Mario Williams at 4 but if neither of them are there then it has to be Leinart or a trade down. The fact is that one of them most likely will be there and in that case it's hard to choose. Do the Jets really want to invest 7 years, 42 million in another clone of Pennington? The guy has a stronger arm then Pennington but not by much. His accuracy might actually be a little better and that's something you can give Chad credit for is when he was healthy, he was on.

Leinart is going to be a good QB in the league but I don't think it would be wise to take him. If we really liked him all that much why would we pick up Patrick Ramsey? There's no point in having 3 guys on the roster at QB who can all start in this league somewhere else.

I like Leinart a lot, but only if D'Brick and Mario are gone.

You know for the longest time I've been totally against us drafting Leinart but if he falls to us at 4 you've got to consider it.

The guy WANTS to play for the Jets and Ray Lucas wsas right in saying that Leinart fits into the offensive system here.

I really believe that you start with the offensive line and defensive line and work your way back out so I'd really like either D'Brickshaw Ferguson or Mario Williams at 4 but if neither of them are there then it has to be Leinart or a trade down. The fact is that one of them most likely will be there and in that case it's hard to choose. Do the Jets really want to invest 7 years, 42 million in another clone of Pennington? The guy has a stronger arm then Pennington but not by much. His accuracy might actually be a little better and that's something you can give Chad credit for is when he was healthy, he was on.

Leinart is going to be a good QB in the league but I don't think it would be wise to take him. If we really liked him all that much why would we pick up Patrick Ramsey? There's no point in having 3 guys on the roster at QB who can all start in this league somewhere else.

I like Leinart a lot, but only if D'Brick and Mario are gone.

These 2 comments are most true. This is the way to go.

I would be SHOCKED if they pass up Chow's boy, Leinart already knows their system. This has to be a smokescreen, if not I'm fine with getting the top rated qb in the draft at #4.

agree 100% raffy,,,

if the titans TRULY pass on leinhart on draft day and take young,,,

then RUN, RUN like hell away from leinhart,,if his old OC (chow) passes on him then i say chow now knows somthing about the nfl game as compared to college and leinhart worries him,,

but u r probably right,,smokescreen,,,

agree 100% raffy,,,

if the titans TRULY pass on leinhart on draft day and take young,,,

then RUN, RUN like hell away from leinhart,,if his old OC (chow) passes on him then i say chow now knows somthing about the nfl game as compared to college and leinhart worries him,,

but u r probably right,,smokescreen,,,

Good point, I didn't even think about the fact that if Chow runs from his golden boy that should send up a big fat red flag to everyone else, maybe he doesn't think he can make those throws on the nfl level, who knows really. Or maybe the TN FO has a man crush on Young. This year's draft should be very interesting to say the least.

Do the Jets really want to invest 7 years, 42 million in another clone of Pennington?

I strongly prefer that they do that, rather than investing the same amount of money in an OT. The OT may be the "safer" pick, but he's also going to get you much less of a return on your dollar.

I'm no Leinart groupie, either, but you gotta go with the QB there. He's no slam dunk, but he is pretty safe, himself.

Yes, the line absolutely needs to be addressed. But where's the value going to be? Where's the greater difference between prospects? Is the fall off from D'Brick to the OL help available at #'s 29 & 35 nearly as great as the drop off from Leinart to the QB's that'll be available then?

Absolutely not.

They'll be able to improve on the OL throughout the draft, can't say that about the QB position.

From what I've read, Chow wants Leinart, but the Titans organisation is split. Chow may not get to call this pick, so if the Titans pass on him, I don't see it as a red flag at all. That GM and owner have a lot to say about this draft pick, as does Fisher.

I am one of the people that think we need a QB, specifiacally Leinart or Cutler.... Young just makes me nervous. I also don't think any one of them should start in the NFL, at a minimum at least until week 9 of 2006. If the O line is still awful after adding picks from the draft by then, make them wait until 2007 to play. They need practice time to learn the ins and outs of reading NFL defenses, get their mechanics right, and adjust to the faster speed of the NFL.

Archived