Joe Douglas

Lupz27

12 hours ago, Sam_S said:

LOL- JMS is starting......Juice Scruggs was slated to start until he got hurt a week before the season opener and was placed on IR....so Jarrett Patterson is now starting....

Meanwhile Tippman is on the bench.

Its not rocket science and even the simplest of minds can understand this- sorry you're incapable.

Oh, and btw- i didn't bring Tippman up- someone else did when i pointed out what a horrid job Douglas has done with the offensive line since he's been here.  But as they say, reading is fundamental.

You and the rest of the dumbass JN posters as usual have no idea what youre talking about. 

JMS & Patterson would not be starting if they were here. McGovern is an average to above average center. 

Neither JMS or Patterson looked good. 

• Haha 1

Is jd perfect? No

is any gm ? No

did He whiff on ZW? Absolutely 

should he have signed a capable replacement behind AR? Yes

Has he given out ridiculously bad contracts to free agents that hurt the team? No

does he have a plan and try to address areas of weakness? I would say yes 

Has he done more good for this franchise than bad? I’d say he has

JD took over a team that had 0 talent and had salary cap issues. We were considered Super Bowl contenders this year. So In 4 years he has completely overhauled this team IMO.

He’s probably the best GM that this team has ever had. I understand there are some misses and some questionable moves. But this is not exclusive to JD. Every GM has them. Every team has a weakness. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

38 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

Nail meet hammer......

Douglas was an offensive lineman in college.  Douglas was reared and spent most of his career with two organizations (Baltimore & Philly) that valued and prioritize the offensive line.  They even select offensive linemen when it seems unnecessary- everyone laughed at Roseman when he selected Cam Juergens in the second round in 2022- who's laughing now??

Yet none of that has rubbed off on Douglas because he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room when it comes to the o-line, yet his decisions have been disastrous.  Someone mentioned the Jets needed 5 offensive linemen when Douglas took over in 2019. In four draft's he's selected 6 offensive linemen- 1 has panned out.  His FA signings on the oline have been a disaster.

Oh yeh- and during that same period the Eagles, who have a great oline selected 5 blockers- one less than the Jets.  The Ravens?? They drafted 7 offensive linemen,

Whenever a Jets team had success and went deep into the playoffs they had an outstanding to great LT/OC combine

'69- Winston Hill/John Schmitt

'82- Powell/Fields

'98- Elliot/Mawae

'09-'10- Ferguson/Mangold...

Now?? Brown and McGovern....the jokes write themselves.

Cam Jurgens is an interesting comparsion btw, remind me again, how many games did he start as a rookie?

I demand Joe Douglas have a press conference to explain this.

Ari Meirov @MySportsUpdate

The #Panthers have placed starting guard Brady Christensen on IR with a biceps injury, which means he will be out for at least the next four games. Carolina is now without both of its starting guards, with Austin Corbett also sidelined.

13 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Cam Jurgens is an interesting comparsion btw, remind me again, how many games did he start as a rookie?

No surprise the point complete blew by you...Let compare the Eagles offensive line going into the 2022 draft versus the Jets offensive line going into the 2020 draft....or the 2021 draft...2022 draft....of the 2023 draft....

And btw- Landon Dickerson, another Eagles 2nd round pick, started 13 of 14 games he dressed for as a rookie. 

12 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

You and the rest of the dumbass JN posters as usual have no idea what youre talking about. 

JMS & Patterson would not be starting if they were here. McGovern is an average to above average center. 

Neither JMS or Patterson looked good. 

"McGovern is an above average center"  Speaking of dumbass posters making dumbass statements- congrats- you are the poster child

McGovern sat on the FA market for more than a month with little to no interest from anybody before the Jets signed him to a 1 year deal for back-up $$$ because he and they had no other options.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

"McGovern is an above average center"  Speaking of dumbass posters making dumbass statements- congrats- you are the poster child

McGovern sat on the FA market for more than a month with little to no interest from anybody before the Jets signed him to a 1 year deal for back-up $$$ because he and they had no other options.

Theres stats to back up my statement on McGovern. 

No stats on your wild, uniformed statements. 

Also try to come up with an original insult, don't repurpose mine. Be better.

dodgeball GIF

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Theres stats to back up my statement on McGovern. 

No stats on your wild, uniformed statements. 

Also try to come up with an original insult, don't repurpose mine. Be better.

dodgeball GIF

No stats??  So McGovern wasn't sitting on the FA market for more than a month with no interest before the Jets signed him to a one year deal??

LOL- making up your own facts to fit your narrative- another sign of a dumbass poster

• Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

LOL- right- that's what i said- he's a bust. 

Meanwhile you wanted it to be part of the Joe Douglas success equation.  That's clown material.

I didnt say it was a success, I said it was a smart pick, evidence of him addressing the oline and am smart enough to not judge a player after 2 months.

What you said is that Tippman is a negative on JDs resume because he isnt starting day 1 even with a top 15 veteran in front of him. Who cares what McGovern makes, he isnt a stiff who Tippman could just walk over to a starting spot

• Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, C Mart said:

If you don't see the difference I can't help you....Root for another team. Please

I see losing teams.

I'm guessing thats acceptable to you since you seem so eager to defend it and accept it.

I swear some of you enjoy beating your chests in the summer more than you actually enjoy winning games.

If you don't see the difference between winning off seasons and seasons I can't help you....Root for another team please 

• Thumb Down 1

Joe Douglas is WAY closer to getting an extension than he is getting fired. The Jets are widely considered to have one of the better rosters in the NFL and that is largely in part to JD's drafts, trades, and free agent acquisitions. He whiffed on Zach but has hit a ton. He's a great GM.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

No surprise the point complete blew by you...Let compare the Eagles offensive line going into the 2022 draft versus the Jets offensive line going into the 2020 draft....or the 2021 draft...2022 draft....of the 2023 draft....

And btw- Landon Dickerson, another Eagles 2nd round pick, started 13 of 14 games he dressed for as a rookie. 

Man you arent very bright.  This is very simple

1.  You insinuated that Tippman was a failure by JD because he isnt starting. You never discussed his skill set, scouting report, or how he played in the preseason, you said "hes not starting - look at some other rookies starting"

2. I simply pointed out the numerous flaws in that moronic statement. Going so far as to use your own example of Jurgens.   Expounding on that, both Roseman and JD drafted a center when they "needed" one.  Both teams then wound up not having that player start due to a veteran being a better fit (now please do not infer that I am comparing Kelce to McGovern - Kelce is obviously much better).   Yet you believe that Jurgens was smart and Tippman is a mistake. Theres no correlation there.

Not sure what else you need to see to realize that whether a rookie starts day 1 is not directly correlated to their ability or the value of their selection

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

No stats??  So McGovern wasn't sitting on the FA market for more than a month with no interest before the Jets signed him to a one year deal??

LOL- making up your own facts to fit your narrative- another sign of a dumbass poster

The only dumbass here is you. You prove with every post you don't know what you're talking about.

From PFF:

McGovern has been mostly strong for the Jets since signing his original three-year contract. He started out rough, as his first eight weeks with the team in 2020 saw him earn a 48.3 grade from PFF that ranked fourth-worst among qualified centers. However, he quickly turned it around, as from Weeks 9-17, he had a 68.7 grade, placing eighth-best among centers. He’d follow that up in 2021 with a 75.9 grade, ninth among centers, and in 2022 with a 69.6 grade, 11th among centers.

McGovern is best known for his athleticism and run blocking. Over the last two seasons, he’s ranked seventh (2021) and 10th (2022) among centers in PFF’s run-blocking grade. That clearly appealed to the Jets coaching staff as the team looks to build around a west coast system that relies heavily on the running game, even with Aaron Rodgers potentially coming to town.
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I see losing teams.

I'm guessing thats acceptable to you since you seem so eager to defend it and accept it.

I swear some of you enjoy beating your chests in the summer more than you actually enjoy winning games.

If you don't see the difference between winning off seasons and seasons I can't help you....Root for another team please 

Just curious - would you rather be the Vikings or the Jets today?

4 minutes ago, BCJet said:

1.  You insinuated that Tippman was a failure by JD because he isnt starting. You never discussed his skill set, scouting report, or how he played in the preseason, you said "hes not starting - look at some other rookies starting"

2. I simply pointed out the numerous flaws in that moronic statement. Going so far as to use your own example of Jurgens.   Expounding on that, both Roseman and JD drafted a center when they "needed" one.  Both teams then wound up not having that player start due to a veteran being a better fit (now please do not infer that I am comparing Kelce to McGovern - Kelce is obviously much better).   Yet you believe that Jurgens was smart and Tippman is a mistake. Theres no correlation there.

Not sure what else you need to see to realize that whether a rookie starts day 1 is not directly correlated to their ability or the value of their selection

He's an idiot. No idea what he's talking about. I refuse to respond to him anymore. 

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Continue to clown yourself then learn to read.

I'll go slowly this time- not that it will do any good.  I said the Jets need an LT...and an OC...and a OG...and maybe a RT...

You're bright comeback was "Tippman doesn't count?" 

Most reasonable people understand he doesn't count as he hasn't played.  Most people with at least two working brain cells understand this. 

Now you're making another asinine statement that I believe" "Tippman was a mistake."

Tell you what- you point out where i said Tippman was a bust and was a mistake and i'll leave the board.  If you can't do that within the hour then you have to leave the board.  Its 12:30EST

4 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

The only dumbass here is you. You prove with every post you don't know what you're talking about.

From PFF:

McGovern has been mostly strong for the Jets since signing his original three-year contract. He started out rough, as his first eight weeks with the team in 2020 saw him earn a 48.3 grade from PFF that ranked fourth-worst among qualified centers. However, he quickly turned it around, as from Weeks 9-17, he had a 68.7 grade, placing eighth-best among centers. He’d follow that up in 2021 with a 75.9 grade, ninth among centers, and in 2022 with a 69.6 grade, 11th among centers.

McGovern is best known for his athleticism and run blocking. Over the last two seasons, he’s ranked seventh (2021) and 10th (2022) among centers in PFF’s run-blocking grade. That clearly appealed to the Jets coaching staff as the team looks to build around a west coast system that relies heavily on the running game, even with Aaron Rodgers potentially coming to town.

Yet they waited a month into FA to sign him to a one year deal for back-up money while no other team was interested in him.  But please- continue to avoid the facts and embarrass yourself.

4 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

Continue to clown yourself then learn to read.

I'll go slowly this time- not that it will do any good.  I said the Jets need an LT...and an OC...and a OG...and maybe a RT...

You're bright comeback was "Tippman doesn't count?" 

Most reasonable people understand he doesn't count as he hasn't played.  Most people with at least two working brain cells understand this. 

Now you're making another asinine statement that I believe" "Tippman was a mistake."

Tell you what- you point out where i said Tippman was a bust and was a mistake and i'll leave the board.  If you can't do that within the hour then you have to leave the board.  Its 12:30EST

Pretty easy for me to point out. I even bolded your words

You said "we need an OC" - if we need a center, that means we dont have one so therefore you dont count Tippman as a possible contributing player.  Does "we need an OC" mean something different in your world?  If you counted tippman as a contributing player - why would we need to address center?

12 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I see losing teams.

Again, if you don't see the difference in this yrs team and last yrs to the prior 6-7 seasons I can't help you...

Enjoy your day

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Pretty easy for me to point out. I even bolded your words

You said "we need an OC" - if we need a center, that means we dont have one so therefore you dont count Tippman as a possible contributing player.  Does "we need an OC" mean something different in your world?

Tippman is contributing??? 

LOL- enjoy your echo chamber