2024 offensive tackles

derp

Jordan Reid ⁦‪@Jordan_Reid‬⁩

JC Latham came in at 6-6, 346 pounds today at Pro Day. Only did positional drills, but I thought he looked terrific. Very nimble mover, explosive feet and easy power in his hands.

3/20/24, 2:49 PM

• Upvote 2

Question for you guys: If the Jets can't trade back from #10 to pickup a 2nd round pick and they go WR at 10, who are the OTs we could possibly look at with our 3rd or 4th round picks as another developmental guy with Warren for 2025?

The ones that stand out at me are the OT from Yale - Kiran Amegadjie and Blake Fisher from ND. Any others come to mind?

7 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Question for you guys: If the Jets can't trade back from #10 to pickup a 2nd round pick and they go WR at 10, who are the OTs we could possibly look at with our 3rd or 4th round picks as another developmental guy with Warren for 2025?

The ones that out at me is the OT from Yale - Kiran Amegadjie and Blake Fisher from ND. Any others come to mind?

Patrick Paul from Houston if he slides. 

Roger Rosengarten from Washington is another. Was the right tackle at Washington for two years but the blind side protector as Penix is a lefty.

• Upvote 4

On 3/20/2024 at 8:03 PM, C Mart said:

JC Latham came in at 6-6, 346 pounds today at Pro Day. Only did positional drills, but I thought he looked terrific. Very nimble mover, explosive feet and easy power in his hands.

A very underrated prospect due to one play against Michigan.

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2024 at 9:03 PM, Adoni Beast said:

A very underrated prospect due to one play against Michigan.

In an entertaining twist apparently the Chargers are spending a lot of time with him.

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2024 at 11:23 AM, CTJetsFan said:

The ones that stand out at me are the OT from Yale - Kiran Amegadjie and Blake Fisher from ND. Any others come to mind?

Just one source...Take it FWIW

https://walterfootball.com/draft2024OT.php

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 11:23 AM, CTJetsFan said:

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline

At least 4 offensive line coaches on hand for Yale pro day earlier this week to watch Olineman Kiran Amegadjie.  Did about 15 minutes of position drills coming off the injury.  Primarily assistant coaches though Keith Carter of the
@nyjets was on hand.

• Upvote 3

(I don't see a thread for 2024 Centers)

Brandon Thorn @BrandonThornNFL

As I finish the later round OL prospects this class the center group has become the clear-cut best I’ve seen over the last four drafts of watching all the OL. Over their rookie contracts, I don’t think it’s crazy to say we can see as many as 10 guys start games at the pivot.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, C Mart said:

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline

At least 4 offensive line coaches on hand for Yale pro day earlier this week to watch Olineman Kiran Amegadjie.  Did about 15 minutes of position drills coming off the injury.  Primarily assistant coaches though Keith Carter of the
@nyjets was on hand.

Didn't Carter also workout Tyler Guyton @ the Oklahoma pro day?

I get nervous that we're not the best at developing o-lineman, but everything I've read (other than that quad injury he had last year) about Kiran I've liked:

He's prototypical, loves football (played against his parents' wishes, chose it over basketball), and has a mean streak. 

He's a "project" but I'd take that gamble.

I think my dream draft would be landing Nabers or Odunze @ 10 and trading up for Kiran Amegadjie in round 2. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Didn't Carter also workout Tyler Guyton @ the Oklahoma pro day?

I get nervous that we're not the best at developing o-lineman, but everything I've read (other than that quad injury he had last year) about Kiran I've liked:

He's prototypical, loves football (played against his parents' wishes, chose it over basketball), and has a mean streak. 

He's a "project" but I'd take that gamble.

I think my dream draft would be landing Nabers or Odunze @ 10 and trading up for Kiran Amegadjie in round 2. 

Carter's basically been at all the OL prospect pro days and conducting the workouts at many of those.

Only one yr w/the Jets to draw that conclusion regarding Carter. Seems someone helped develop Xavier Newman-Johnson, who many people here like, and came from TN. 

Good call on Kiran

• Upvote 2

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

University of British Columbia LT Giovanni Manu visited the #Giants today — one of at least seven pre-draft visits for the 6-8, 352-pound behemoth.

Manu ran a 4.96 40 at his pro day. He also visited the #Cowboys and has the #Giants, #Jets, #Patriots, #Browns, #Bengals this week.

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2024 at 8:03 PM, C Mart said:

Yet he was a RT at Bama. 

• 2 weeks later...

6th - UDFA Range...

The story of Gio and Theo: UBC’s book-end offensive tackles bring rare size and athleticism to the party! NFL teams and major pundits can’t help but be impressed ahead of 2024 draft!

UBC offensive lineman Giovanni Manu, after a personal NFL pre-draft workout recently for America’s Team, looked Dallas Cowboys’ owner and GM Jerry Jones right in the eye and said “…if you take a shot on me, sir, I’ll change your program.”

That gem was relayed by his head coach, Blake Nill, who earlier this week found himself as a guest on How ‘Bout That, an informative, Dallas-based podcast on all things Cowboys.

Such has been the state of growing interest when talk turns to Manu, the 6-foot-7, 352-pound Tonga-born prospect who back in 2017-18 at Pitt Meadows Secondary — before football would become his sole focus — majored on the basketball court to the tune of 30 points and 12 rebounds per game for the Marauders.

Meanwhile, fellow ‘Birds offensive lineman Theo Benedet expressed relief in making all of his connecting flights from the U.S. midwest following his personal workout for the Indianapolis Colts, insuring his arrival Wednesday evening at downtown Vancouver’s Queen Elizabeth Theatre for UBC’s annual Big Block athletic awards ceremony where the 6-foot-7, 305-pounder was named co-winner of the Bobby Gaul award, recognizing the school’s top graduating male athlete.

All of that’s been the whirlwind norm of late for the Thunderbirds’ book-end tackles, who along the road to the 2024 NFL draft later this month (April 25-27) in Detroit, have produced the kinds of measurables sure to catch the attention of pro scouts and pre-draft pundits.

Nill is quick to establish the fact that when UBC held its pro day two Fridays ago at B.C. Place, the prime attraction was rightfully Benedet, the two-time J.P. Metras Trophy winner as the nation’s top down lineman.

The former Handsworth Royals standout from North Vancouver did not disappoint with a 9-foot-6 broad jump and a vertical jump of 34.5 inches, the former a measure that J.C. Abbott of 3DownNation later added would have given Benedet the sixth best performance within his position group at the NFL combine, and the latter the fifth-best.

Yet while Benedet continued to re-affirm his place as a potential NFL draft pick, Manu seized the opportunity to catapult his stock to similar levels, his testable stuff seeming to carry added oomph based on the massive frame he was so expertly propelling.

“Giovanni stepped on the scale and looked in real good shape, then (one of the scouts) yells out ‘Three-hundred-and-fifty-two pounds,’” begins Nill. “Then about five minutes later, he (vertical) jumped 33-and-a-half… and that’s when the cat was out of the bag.

“And then a few minutes after that he runs a 4.96 40 (yard dash) with 16 NFL (stop) watches on him, and so everyone knows about him now.”
So much for best-kept secret.

Manu has since parlayed his pro day into what Nill said have been personal workouts for eight teams including Dallas, both New York clubs, Cleveland, New England and Denver.

“We had 17 or so NFL teams come to our campus this past season (and) they might have thought ‘No one knows about this kid so we can probably sign him as an undrafted free agent,'” said Nill of Manu. “Now, everybody knows about him, and everybody knows about Theo. So now it’s going to be, do they feel like they’re at a level where they can justify a draft pick on him?”

https://varsityletters.ca/the-story-of-gio-and-theo-ubcs-book-end-offensive-tackles-bring-rare-size-and-athleticism-to-the-party-nfl-teams-and-major-pundits-cant-help-but-be-impressed-ahead-of-2024-draft/

• Upvote 2

Aaron Wilson ⁦‪@AaronWilson_NFL‬⁩

Louisville ⁦‪@LouisvilleFB‬⁩ offensive tackle Willie Tyler (6-6, 310, 5.06 speed) drawing interest from #Giants #49ers#Jets #Raiders #Colts and other teams. ⁦‪@TropicBowl‬⁩⁦‪@KPRC2‬⁩

4/23/24, 2:27 PM