Saleh will be gone by the end of the season.

Hex

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

at least he didnt tell us that the offense is this close!!

I think saleh has had it with being forced to play Wilson and has had it with saying nice things.  Not defending saleh for his failings but he was so happy last year when he got permission to bench Wilson finally.  My guess is that if saleh ran the team he would have traded for dobbs or something.  He’s the same guy as Rex/Bowles and just wants to throw short and run and win with d and doesn’t need this coddling crap.  

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

That’s the real problem.  What is the plan for when rodgers gets hurt next year and don’t tell me minshew.  I fear this regime is so all in on lord Aaron that the whole weight of everything could crash and implode the house. 

He’s going to mop up in a game this season and retire.   He was very frustrated on the side lines last night.   It’s a vibe thing.  The good times are over.  The real Rodgers is going to start revealing himself.

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

He’s going to mop up in a game this season and retire.   He was very frustrated on the side lines last night.   It’s a vibe thing.  The good times are over.  The real Rodgers is going to start revealing himself.

But was he frustrated with Wilson or something else?  B/c if I’m rodgers, it only makes me look better if i come in and start winning and scoring.  It would isolate the one problem that’s holding the entire thing back.

that said, the gm really really needs to draft someone.  The way it’s trending, unless rodgers actually returns and starts winning, the jets should wind up with a top 10 pick.  Now I’d be surprised if they took a qb there, but they could trade back, and have the opportunity to take one on day 2.  I’d like to think that’s a reasonable scenario, where they take a tackle or wr on day 1 and a qb on day 2.  It would show that the gm understands he has to keep trying at qb.  If they get rid of Wilson and bring in some crappy backup and then rodgers gets hurt we’re really in the same boat as now except the whole rodgers experiment would be over and there’s no future again.  And that would be when you replace the regime again and draft a qb.  

Joe Douglas needs to be gone .

That Joe Tippmann is the ONLY player drafted in April who has played and made some kind of an impact.

For a 25% in drafts (1 good draft out of 4) is pitiful.

For not having a better option than Zach Wilson at QB and then using that as an excuse for not making a change. For 5 Touchdown passes and a 33.7 QB Rating and playing someone else is out of the question.

For fielding an offensive line that was a gigantic ?ever since last season and then he pretty much just left it and it cost us Aaron Rodgers

For the pile of rat infested  fly-swarming garbage that is the Jets offense (with the exception of Breece and Garrett) and leaving it at an historic rate of scoring futility.

For the fact that when better players were out there, and guys were actually CALLING the team, begging for tryouts, players BETTER than Zach Wilson players like Josh Dobbs and Carson Wentz again, HE DID NOTHING Hell, why not let Kaepernick at least come in for a tryout?

For letting the trade deadline come and go and not be able to swing a deal for ANYTHING when there were needs at QB, receiver OL and DT.

Joe Douglas needs to get fired, Saleh is teetering on the edge and by the time we are completely out of contention making a Rodgers comeback a waste of time. The Jets are looking at a 4-13 season right now.

For some reason Saleh has refused to embrace his role as HC - meaning that he is coach of the entire team. A HC decides - regardless of whether his history is as a D coach - how the the O will play from making the final decision on schemes and play calling philosophy to identifying which players should be starting, sitting or given the most opportunities with the ball in their hands. Robert Jalal Saleh has had 3 seasons to take control of the O and has shown no evidence of a desire or willingness to do so. Saleh enjoys referring to his time working under Pete Carroll. Was he paying attention at all? Carroll dictates the offensive identity and makes final decisions as to schemes and play calling philosophy.,  Carroll coaches the entire team. 

Saleh is a failure as a HC. I've seen enough. He would have to drastically change how he operates with the O side of the ball for me to change my mind on this. 

I still think he's a decent HC just caught up in an extremely unfortunate circumstance.

Your shiny new HOF QB who just made waves through your entire organization the ENTIRE offseason goes down Week 1, 4 plays in.

Then what? OL continues to crumble, down to it's 100th rotation.

Oh and your back up QB, in year 3, still can't make the easy plays. 

I guess he could turn to Tim Boyle or Trevor Simien to try to save face. But there's about a 98 percent chance it looks just as bad. 

So...I don't know. Woody has some tough calls to make. Unless Saleh specifically said NO, do not get another QB, then it's hard to put so much blame on him.