Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

The oline will be from left to right:  Joe Alt, AVT, Joe Tippman, Eric Zietler (free agent from Baltimore), Free agent

Have not done the research on who is the free agent RT we will bring in.  But rest assured we will.

You said "big time" OL free agents.

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You said "big time" OL free agents.

Sorry, Kevin Zietler.  He would be a big time free agent.  Hes a really good veteren whop woudl shore up that spot for the next 2 years:

The Ravens adding Zeitler as a street free agent in 2021 after he was a cap casualty of the New York Giants has provided tremendous value, as he is on pace for more than 1,000 snaps played in every year with the team. The stalwart is still going strong at 33 years old, earning a pass-blocking grade above 80.0 for the second consecutive season in 2023.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Doubt wilson plays again, so we’re looking at simian finishing the season.  So i think we could lose out even to NE.  Plus the jets SOS shoudl tank with wash and NE left

The Jets are really dangerous in December once the games become officially meaningless. 

Very worried about beating the Commanders, regardless of who plays QB

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Jets are really dangerous in December once the games become officially meaningless. 

Very worried about beating the Commanders, regardless of who plays QB

I hear you but I’m encouraged by the way the team quit yesterday.  Wilson is done, they’re going to ride out the concussion and reluctance and he’s not taking another snap for this team.  And the other qbs are terrible.  The jets should lose to Washington.  The d may also give up in that one too.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Doubt wilson plays again, so we’re looking at simian finishing the season.  So i think we could lose out even to NE.  Plus the jets SOS shoudl tank with wash and NE left

All 17 opponent's records have already been included in the SOS at tankathon, even if we haven't played them yet.

Each week we only add the 17 new W-L results of the teams on our schedule. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dcJet said:

image.png.12e94ecff35b40e6d0b70973983d6c72.pngOur SOS went up last week. 

Interesting, I think this is wrong.  We are tied with Giants in SOS but they hold the next tiebreaker for non-conference teams which is head-to-head so the Giants should be picking ahead of us.

This is moot though as a Philly win tonight will put us picking ahead of the Giants.

Next week is huge, could be the difference between picking 4/5 or picking as far back as 13/14.

I hate JD for making me research non-conference draft order tiebreakers.

I figured it out.  If we go to 4 decimal places, we beat out NYG.  It's odd like this because Philly hasn't played yet this week.

58 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I figured it out.  If we go to 4 decimal places, we beat out NYG.  It's odd like this because Philly hasn't played yet this week.

50 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

As long as we lose out I don't see how the Giants will have a weaker SoS than us. And losing to Washington clears that hurdle

Anyone know if us beating them head-to-head affect us in some kind of tie-breaker.  E.g. maybe they only go to a certain number of decimal places when evaluating.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Anyone know if us beating them head-to-head affect us in some kind of tie-breaker.  E.g. maybe they only go to a certain number of decimal places when evaluating.

Head to head is next after SOS.  

Then comes division record if in the same divison, conference if in the same and then common opponents.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-tiebreakers/

Bad news with Philly losing.  The NYG are ahead of us now because they hold the head-to-head tiebreaker. 

Next week is so big.  If we lose, we can still pick 4/5 but if we beat WAS, we can fall all the way to 11 because all the 6 win teams beat us in SOS.

Go Jets!  C'mon, we can do this!

image.png.dcb7afbe99807d6b9c684ebf07122cf2.png

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Bad news with Philly losing.  The NYG are ahead of us now because they hold the head-to-head tiebreaker. 

Next week is so big.  If we lose, we can still pick 4/5 but if we beat WAS, we can fall all the way to 11 because all the 6 win teams beat us in SOS.

Go Jets!  C'mon, we can do this!

image.png.dcb7afbe99807d6b9c684ebf07122cf2.png

The Giants play the Eagles twice. We have the Pats and Commanders in our last 3. Our SOS will drop significantly and the Giants will rise. If we end up with the same record as the Giants, Chargers, Titans or Cardinals, we will draft ahead of them. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

The Giants play the Eagles twice. We have the Pats and Commanders in our last 3. Our SOS will drop significantly and the Giants will rise. If we end up with the same record as the Giants, Chargers, Titans or Cardinals, we will draft ahead of them. 

It doesn't work that way on tankathon.

All 17 opponent's records have already been included in the SOS calculation, even if we haven't played them yet.

31 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I’m happy NE got pushed but damn I hate this fu***** team, bunch of ass backwards bozos 🙄

Because teams need to know how to lose? How exactly does the coaching staff explain that to the guys, before the game and at halftime? “Ok guys, we need to lose this game so we can get a higher draft pick next year. I realize that a lot of you guys aren’t going to be here, but be a team player, please help us get a better pick.”

There is NO team in the NFL that actually tries to tank. NONE. So, stfu you miserable losers. This is the same guy that says we are terrible at drafting. Why tf does it matter when we are drafting then? It’s f-ing Christmas and you all sound like a bunch of infant sewer dwellers. 

We started our 4th QB behind a bad offensive line and our defense is fading at the end of the season. We cannot be any worse, other than the commanders. Stop with the dumb sh*t crying. 

• Upvote 2

Very disappointed with that meaningless win. But I'm looking at the remaining games left for all the teams vying for the 5th to 10th spots and we may very well still have a shot for a 5 to 7 pick.  Hear me out. Let's start with the Pats. They play the Bills next week. Pats played really tough today and they always give the Bills a run.  They beat the Bills and us and we leap them in the draft both going 6-11.  Next. the Chargers 5-10. They play the Broncos and Chiefs. If they can beat the Broncos, possible, and lose to Chiefs, we both end up 6-11 and leap them.  Next the Titans have Texans and Jags.  Texans floundering and Trevor is hurt and they could pull one of those games out and we would both be 6-11 and leap them.  Next the Giants. They play the Eagles twice and the Rams. Possibly they beat the Rams but would still hold a spot ahead of us. Next the Bears. They play the Falcons and the Packers. They could easily win one of those games and we would leap them.  Next the Raiders. They are 6-9 and 1 spot behind us regardless if they lose out.  So, all is not lost. The draft order could fall like this:

1 Chicago  2 Ari 3 Wash 4 Giants 5 Jets 6 Pats 7 Titans  8 Chargers   9 Raiders 10 Bears

Prediction of draft picks top 10: 

1 Bears T Joe Alt - Fields has improved they keep him. Probably trade out of #1 spot to a desperate team for a QB. 

2 Ari QB Caleb  - Cards are done with Murray and will move on. 

3 Wash QB Maye - Howell sucks. cant pass this guy up. 

4 Giants WR MHJ - Lot of needs but MHJ is a one of a kind WR. 

5 Jets T Fashanu - No explanation needed.

6 Pats QB Daniels - They need a QB. Badly. 

7 Titans T Latham - Best T left over. 

8 Chargers CB Arnold - Lot of needs - best CB in class. 

9 Raiders CB Kool-Aid Lot of needs - 2nd best CB in class. 

10 Bears Edge Turner - Elite pass rusher. 

2 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Because teams need to know how to lose? How exactly does the coaching staff explain that to the guys, before the game and at halftime? “Ok guys, we need to lose this game so we can get a higher draft pick next year. I realize that a lot of you guys aren’t going to be here, but be a team player, please help us get a better pick.”

There is NO team in the NFL that actually tries to tank. NONE. So, stfu you miserable losers. This is the same guy that says we are terrible at drafting. Why tf does it matter when we are drafting then? It’s f-ing Christmas and you all sound like a bunch of infant sewer dwellers. 

We started our 4th QB behind a bad offensive line and our defense is fading at the end of the season. We cannot be any worse, other than the commanders. Stop with the dumb sh*t crying. 

You don't get it at all.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

It makes me laugh how you guys act as if tanking the last quarter of the season wouldn’t cause a mutiny amongst the team and get the CS fired.

I realize most of you never played a team sport beyond the age of 14, but come on… wise up.

You don't get it either.

33 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Very disappointed with that meaningless win. But I'm looking at the remaining games left for all the teams vying for the 5th to 10th spots and we may very well still have a shot for a 5 to 7 pick.  Hear me out. Let's start with the Pats. They play the Bills next week. Pats played really tough today and they always give the Bills a run.  They beat the Bills and us and we leap them in the draft both going 6-11.  Next. the Chargers 5-10. They play the Broncos and Chiefs. If they can beat the Broncos, possible, and lose to Chiefs, we both end up 6-11 and leap them.  Next the Titans have Texans and Jags.  Texans floundering and Trevor is hurt and they could pull one of those games out and we would both be 6-11 and leap them.  Next the Giants. They play the Eagles twice and the Rams. Possibly they beat the Rams but would still hold a spot ahead of us. Next the Bears. They play the Falcons and the Packers. They could easily win one of those games and we would leap them.  Next the Raiders. They are 6-9 and 1 spot behind us regardless if they lose out.  So, all is not lost. The draft order could fall like this:

1 Chicago  2 Ari 3 Wash 4 Giants 5 Jets 6 Pats 7 Titans  8 Chargers   9 Raiders 10 Bears

Prediction of draft picks top 10: 

1 Bears T Joe Alt - Fields has improved they keep him. Probably trade out of #1 spot to a desperate team for a QB. 

2 Ari QB Caleb  - Cards are done with Murray and will move on. 

3 Wash QB Maye - Howell sucks. cant pass this guy up. 

4 Giants WR MHJ - Lot of needs but MHJ is a one of a kind WR. 

5 Jets T Fashanu - No explanation needed.

6 Pats QB Daniels - They need a QB. Badly. 

7 Titans T Latham - Best T left over. 

8 Chargers CB Arnold - Lot of needs - best CB in class. 

9 Raiders CB Kool-Aid Lot of needs - 2nd best CB in class. 

10 Bears Edge Turner - Elite pass rusher. 

1. We’re not going to pick before the Pats

2. we’ll be 8 or 9 probably (lower if we beat NE, but i don’t think we will)

3. No matter who we take, no one player will have much impact on our W total in 24, and the only position that would make a big difference with that going forward would be one of the top 3 QBs.

One non QB pick isn’t going to change anything here. This team needs back to back drafts where they get at least 5 combined starter on offense, maybe 1 or 2 on D. That’s how far away from being good we are. 8 starters in 2 years sounds like lot, but with “roster churn” it’s what a bad team needs.

4. The D is overrated and the O is akin to an expansion team.

5. 41yo Rodgers might make us respectable with 7-9 wins but we’re not catching Buffalo or Miami in the division. We’ll be lucky if NE’s rookie QB doesn’t move them ahead of us and into the AFCE cellar.

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

1. We’re not going to pick before the Pats

2. we’ll be 8 or 9 probably (lower if we beat NE, but i don’t think we will)

3. No matter who we take, no one player will have much impact on our W total in 24, and the only position that would make a big difference with that going forward would be one of the top 3 QBs.

One non QB pick isn’t going to change anything here. This team needs back to back drafts where they get at least 5 combined starter on offense, maybe 1 or 2 on D. That’s how far away from being good we are. The D is overrated and the O is akin to an expansion team.

41yo Rodgers might make us respectable with 7-9 wins but we’re not catching Buffalo or Miami in the division. We’ll be lucky if NE’s rookie QB doesn’t move them ahead of us and into the AFCE cellar.

Doesn't matter if the Pats pick before us. We might still get one of the two top tackles. Pats are taking a QB. Caleb and Maye will be gone.  They will probably take McCarthy or Daniels.  I was just trying to ease my pain and my take was if things fall into place. It's not out of the realm of possibility.  Our D is very good. Top 10 in fact. And that's with a horrendous offense. That's actually quite impressive when you think about it for several reasons. The defense must be totally exasperated the entire year playing constantly behind, being on the field most of the game. It ultimately wears you down.  With Rodgers, we will be in every game and have a balanced attack.  It will be a very different feel and look and the D will be re-energized.  And they are young and will get better. Rodgers is one of those players that makes everyone around him better.  JD will have to improve the OL and get Rodgers another WR to compliment GW. Keep the faith. AND you are forgetting about McDuck!  He's gonna go off next year! 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Doesn't matter if the Pats pick before us. We might still get one of the two top tackles. Pats are taking a QB. Caleb and Maye will be gone.  They will probably take McCarthy or Daniels.  I was just trying to ease my pain and my take was if things fall into place. It's not out of the realm of possibility.  Our D is very good. Top 10 in fact. And that's with a horrendous offense. That's actually quite impressive when you think about it for several reasons. The defense must be totally exasperated the entire year playing constantly behind, being on the field most of the game. It ultimately wears you down.  With Rodgers, we will be in every game and have a balanced attack.  It will be a very different feel and look and the D will be re-energized.  And they are young and will get better. Rodgers is one of those players that makes everyone around him better.  JD will have to improve the OL and get Rodgers another WR to compliment GW. Keep the faith. AND you are forgetting about McDuck!  He's gonna go off next year! 

I luv ya Maynard, but you’re going to be very disappointed next year, buddy. This team is going to be a disaster next year. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

I’m guessing Vegas has us at 8 1/2 wins, only because of “Rodgers money”. Guess which way I’ll go. (hint… I took under 9 1/2 this year)

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I luv ya Maynard, but you’re going to be very disappointed next year, buddy. This team is going to be a disaster next year. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

I’m betting Vegas has us at 8 1/2 wins. Guess which way I’ll go. (hint… I took under 9 1/2 this year)

Rodgers is a difference maker.  The D will be even better next year.  They have a chance to be very very good. They are not as far away as you think. 

• Sympathy 1