The Jets organization is winning the PR war and nothing will hit the fan

Matt39

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is what the Jets do best.  When you're one of the worst organizations in all of Football, you better know how to control as much of the narrative as you possible.  It's the only way to keep the people coming back for more and ofcourse dangling Rodgers is part of the process. 

I gotta be honest. Who gives a sh*t about Aaron Rodgers at this point. The sideline thing is kind of bogus since he spends all week away from the team. When Brady got hurt the Patriots sent him away to avoid any distractions.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I gotta be honest. Who gives a sh*t about Aaron Rodgers at this point. The sideline thing is kind of bogus since he spends all week away from the team. When Brady got hurt the Patriots sent him away to avoid any distractions.

The jets are trying to remind the whole nfl fandom population that this was not their plan. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The closest thing we’ll get to it hitting the fan already happened with Saleh pleading the 5h. The Jets already moved on from it and played Wilson again. They’re going to keep playing him. Paychecks will clear. Perhaps GW gets frustrated but he was reprimanded for that last year. Simien doesn’t get reps in practice outside of being the scout QB. The Jets are actually controlling the narrative and a lot of the fanbase still buys it.

Douglas never gave his midseason presser and the only comments he’s made this year were about how the Jets “tried” for Adam’s and Evans. Nothing about the quarterback. Nothing about Dobbs or Wentz.  1 Jets Drive is actually winning the PR war. Woody will never be called out publicly unless a player goes rogue about the Wilson partnership with the owner. But that’s a one wayticket out of town for anyone.

Critical mass will occur when Zach serves up a medicine ball and some Mike Milano sociopath puts a Jets player in the hospital. 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The jets are trying to remind the whole nfl fandom population that this was not their plan. 

This and it's a reminder of all the good feels and positivity they had around the organization during the preseason.  They were the darlings of the NFL w/ Hard Knocks, etc. and now they're a joke and I think they want Rodgers as visible as possible for the feels.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It appears the end game is ride out this Zach Wilson thing in perpetuity. Whatever the actual reasons for this are, we can only speculate. But a QB with this type of production has never been given this long of an opportunity. 

You really think that everyone's goal is for Zach Wilson to play quarterback forever?

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

You really think that everyone's goal is for Zach Wilson to play quarterback forever?

What do you got? Saleh just said he’s playing well (which was an obvious troll imo). It sounds like there’s nothing anyone over the football operation can do about it.

8 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Nah, just the rest of his contract. JD should be fired before that, though. Thank God. (yeah, I know, Woody will hire somebody even worse.) 

We've been over this and over this.

Image result for j-roc trailer park boys

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

This and it's a reminder of all the good feels and positivity they had around the organization during the preseason.  They were the darlings of the NFL w/ Hard Knocks, etc. and now they're a joke and I think they want Rodgers as visible as possible for the feels.

Good time to point out that HK was a total bore this year

• 3 weeks later...
Truth is a large part of this fanbase has lost its teeth. 13 years of incompetence and failure has deflated and neutered this fan base. 
People seem to be largely in the apathy column and it used to be anger.
This regime wouldn't have lasted 3 years if it had come right after Rex.
We didn't lose our teeth ... They have been punched out over 20 years or blech.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2023 at 4:59 PM, Matt39 said:

Good time to point out that HK was a total bore this year

Viewership wise it was the highest ratings since 2010. When the Jets were on it.

Lots of complaints on the storylines, not showing cuts etc. The Jets made that decision though, not HBO.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Viewership wise it was the highest ratings since 2010. When the Jets were on it.

Lots of complaints on the storylines, not showing cuts etc. The Jets made that decision though, not HBO.

I know. Much different than the 2010 version, which was great. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

What does this have to do with the Jets' stated military goal of Zach Wilson playing QB forever and ever?  #TheGreatPRWarof2023

I think there’s a high likelihood of Wilson returning.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

What does this have to do with the Jets' stated military goal of Zach Wilson playing QB forever and ever?  #TheGreatPRWarof2023

i think we are close in age so we have been watching something really special for 50+ years. It is damned near impossible to continue to F up over and over primarily the same issues for that long.

Yet we continue to come back so I guess there is truth there.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

i think we are close in age so we have been watching something really special for 50+ years. It is damned near impossible to continue to F up over and over primarily the same issues for that long.

Yet we continue to come back so I guess there is truth there.

I am flattered that you have over-aged me.  Makes me feel wise.  😊

Just now, JetsFlyer said:

I know one thing. JD will ride the sauce, Garrett, breece draft equity for the next 5 years

I'm fairly certain if the Jets don't do something next season he's a goner. Even if they just don't renew his contract. Barring a playoff appearance or even win I don't expect JD to stay. He's been here long enough.

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

I'm fairly certain if the Jets don't do something next season he's a goner. Even if they just don't renew his contract. Barring a playoff appearance or even win I don't expect JD to stay. He's been here long enough.

Does woody have the balls to fire the guy who drafted rich eisen's binky

3 minutes ago, JetsFlyer said:

Does woody have the balls to fire the guy who drafted rich eisen's binky

After 6 full seasons of failure (7 if you count his first season)? Woody clearly doesn't care as much as other owners, but I guarantee he cares just enough to notice a 14 season playog drought if the Jets miss next season. He's going to notice that 31-50 record or whatever he has. Woody is trigger shy, but even he knows to pull it when the bullseye is the whole wall.

13 minutes ago, Hex said:

After 6 full seasons of failure (7 if you count his first season)? Woody clearly doesn't care as much as other owners, but I guarantee he cares just enough to notice a 14 season playog drought if the Jets miss next season. He's going to notice that 31-50 record or whatever he has. Woody is trigger shy, but even he knows to pull it when the bullseye is the whole wall.

Like he could tolerate the first thirteen losing seasons but fourteen is where he draws the line?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Hex said:

The Jets have been running on autopilot for about 2 decades now. They change the GM and the coach every 4-5 years or so, but everything else essentially remains the same. There are scouts from the Broadway era still on the staff. Elhai has been with the team since like 2000.

the one time anything felt different was when Mangini was the coach, but he was a tyrant that woody didn’t like and wasn’t going to deal with.