How bad are the Pats you ask?

11 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

They are so bad that the NFL for the first time ever flexed a MNF game. They actually flexed the Chiefs. That’s right, the team that has Travis Kelce and Mahomes  because the Pats are so bad and have nothing to play for. This Monday you will see the Eagles vs The Seahawks. 

For those of you wishing for the total collapse of NE, you are witnessing it live in 2023. 

What good is it when not only we can't run up the score on them as they did to us, we can't even beat them.

6 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

What good is it when not only we can't run up the score on them as they did to us, we can't even beat them.

This season it was just really bad luck, we had to play Zach against them. I actually like our chances with any other QB. Zach is just so bad at reading defenses and BB can kill a QB like that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JagsFanJif said:

Weird thread considering the Pats beat the Jets this year and the Jets are equally as bad.  I bet the Pats beat the Jets again and it wouldnt shock me if the Pats ended up w/ a better record then the Jets. 

The Jets will beat the Pats in the next game they play allowing the Pats to pick one spot ahead of the Jets allowing them to select Maye. 

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The Jets will beat the Pats in the next game they play allowing the Pats to pick one spot ahead of the Jets allowing them to select Maye. 

Outcome of that game won't matter. The Jets could have the 1st pick overall and they'd take the TE or another DT.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

They are so bad that the NFL for the first time ever flexed a MNF game. They actually flexed the Chiefs. That’s right, the team that has Travis Kelce and Mahomes  because the Pats are so bad and have nothing to play for. This Monday you will see the Eagles vs The Seahawks. 

For those of you wishing for the total collapse of NE, you are witnessing it live in 2023. 

They are so bad I am thankful I will not lose any sleep staying up late for this abomination.

15 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

They are so bad I am thankful I will not lose any sleep staying up late for this abomination.

Is there any excitement (maybe a lot?) in Patriot land rooting for losses and drafting one of these potential FQBs?  As a Jet fan that's almost my ritual every season.  

12 hours ago, Hex said:

2021 was also considered a terrific QB draft, and even the 'generational' Trevor Lawrence has been barely top-10 after 3 seasons, if that.

There are always studs and duds in the draft. You can't just say "I want the Pats to fail, but not this year or this year". You either want them to fail or you don't. Belichick is leaving NE for the Chargers this offseason and the Pats will be competing with the Jets for 4th for the next 7 years.

I don't think 2021 was supposed to be "generational."  That was 2018 which also kinda sucked.  Several teams passed on Watson (without character concerns) to wait a year for that class.  Mayfield sucks, Darnold sucks.  Allen is good, Rosen Ryan Leaf sucks on ice.  The only thing saving that class is Lamar Jackson turning out.  The only reason for the hype on 2021 was Lawrence and the fact that 2019 (Kyler Murray/Daniel Jones/Dwayne Haskins) sucked and people were scared of the covid class.  I think 2020 QB class was better overall and thought it going in.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is there any excitement (maybe a lot?) in Patriot land rooting for losses and drafting one of these potential FQBs?  As a Jet fan that's almost my ritual every season.  

Well, lets put it this way.  Last Sunday my wife asked how the Patriots did.  I said they lost.  She gave her obligatory, "ahh that's too bad".  I said, "no it is a good thing. This strengthens their ability to get a better QB."

I have a feeling it is going to be Patriots' Nation yearly ritual until a time we have a competent team.  😥

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PFSIKH said:

Well, lets put it this way.  Last Sunday my wife asked how the Patriots did.  I said they lost.  She gave her obligatory, "ahh that's too bad".  I said, "no it is a good thing. This strengthens their ability to get a better QB."

I have a feeling it is going to be Patriots' Nation yearly ritual until a time we have a competent team.  😥

It might be a short ritual.  The key thing is to have the terrible year at the right time (when a FQB is available).  You guys still have a shot at #1 overall.  

• Upvote 1