Rodgers trying to sniff out the rat in the building

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Injury prone? If you want to say he’s old that’s true and perhaps you can say the Jets are cursed but there’s nothing about Rodgers’ career that says injury prone.

Boyle was a trash QB3 signing for peanuts, Cobb was WR6 for peanuts, and Lazard got a nice free agent deal due to his production with Rodgers at QB. Barely needle movers that can’t be fixed in a few months, outside of Lazard who I’m sure will be fine again next year with his boy back as WR3.

Bottom line is this… it all goes back to the injury. If he never gets hurt none of this is even remotely a thing. Bad luck and it happens. The trade is still a must execute always, especially for 2nd round picks.

There were no good young QBs, unless you wanted Carr, who I’m sure the Saints would trade us for Rodgers tomorrow if we wanted to.

2 years in a row major injuries. 

He had a serious calf injury all through TC.  Probably should not have been cleared to play.  

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think it’s the sponsor thing at play here. There is a relationship between the the Jets and the Wilson’s. Zach wouldn’t be on the roster still if there wasn’t. 

So the only reason the #2 overall pick is still on the Jets is because his family? And not because, oh, maybe JD doesn't want to admit he failed with Zach? And maybe they aren't releasing him until the end of the season in case of an emergency?

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

Just now, Hex said:

What did you mean when you said he has a bigger stock holding that anybody? That's not even close to true!

I mean yes if you want to include an individual with private equity, sure. He still owns 5% of the company with blackrock and vanguard being in there

Just now, Matt39 said:

I mean yes if you want to include an individual with private equity, sure. He still owns 5% of the company with blackrock and vanguard being in there

No, he does not. Look at the whole thing. He doesn't even own 1% of the company.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Woody forced Zach back as the backup yes. Wilson and Rodgers are buddies. All public info. Zach gets paid to be here by doing the bare minimum. It’s how favors work. How many times do you have to be told that Zach’s family’s company is the largest sponsor of the Jets lol

Moon landing was fake, right? 

Just now, Warfish said:

You do understand that he does not sit on their Board of Directors, does not work for them in any managerial or decision making role, does not grant him any day to day control of Jet Blue operations, and does not make him the manager of the marketing/advertising Dept.  It  also does not free him from answering to the other Shareholders (including the institutional shareholders) if it became known he was doing something nefarious/untowards with corporate assets, right?  You handwavium that with "yeah, but..." conspiracies doesn't make your silly theories fact.

You also know that Jet Blue would advertise with the local sports teams regardless, given their Hub is literally right there nearby.

You also know, I'm sure, that the Uncle now runs a whole different airline, and would presumably want any special deals to help THAT entity, one he directly would benefit from in theory, not his old employer/stock investment, right?

Lets be honest Matt, you're deeply invested in a conspiracy theory that has no real basis in demonstrable facts or evidence, but is based on just a few coincidences you (and a few others) have blown completely out of proportion, without any actual evidence supporting it outside of "well that's how the rich do things", to turn into this silly conspiracy theory where Woody is knowingly and consciously destroying his team every year forcing Zach on JD (while apparently alos forcing Rodgers on JD too), demanding Wilson play (even though he's been benched twice), letting Zach "do nothing", despite Zach starting most of the past three seasons, etc, etc, etc, to somehow help Jet Blue (an advertiser with the Jets) which somehow helps Zach's uncle (politically you once claimed) who does not run Jet Blue, by letting his born-after-he-left-Jet Blue nephew not work even though he started for us, and on and on and on.

It's laughable mate.  

Great. Let’s get Wilson off of the roster then. Until then, we can speculate he has friends in high places. 

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Pauline had it. Kay as well. Who’s been more reliable than  your gaslighting.

Here in Vegas, league sources say that the Jets front office is ready to move on from Wilson and trade for a veteran, but owner Woody Johnson believes the former BYU quarterback can be salvaged. We’re told Johnson, whose been fully engaged in the Jets’ decision-making the past few weeks, believes Wilson is still an arm talent that should not be discarded.

Nowhere in that snip does it say that Zach is with the team because of Johnson. Zach is there because of Douglas and Saleh. Woody agreed with the fact that he has arm talent—who doesn’t—but he was only interested in keeping him under the condition that they found a new starter. Has nothing to do with being “friends with his uncle”… not all billionaires are friends. 

As far as Kay: he’s become notorious for making sh*t up that he sees on twitter. He persistently takes the sides of “journalists” because he was one. Just yesterday: “assuming it is true that Zach said this because it is true”… lol

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Great. Let’s get Wilson off of the roster then.

I'm looking forward to it.

More, I'm looking forward to JD and Saleh being gone too.

Sadly, I 100% expect JD, Saleh, Rodgers AND Wilson to all be back in 2024.

Not for Jet Blue.  Jet Blue isn't saving JD, or Saleh either. 

Although I hear Saleh's aunt's cousin once worked as a ticket agent for Jet Blue.....

No, it's because Woody is deeply financially invested in Rodgers now, and will give his bad GM who made that investment the final year of his 6 year contract to "run it back" and win with Rodgers or be let go. 

The fact Woody will also like having future HOF famous guy Rodgers on his team, because Woody is a jock sniffer, also plays a likely role.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Until then, we can speculate he has friends in high places. 

You can speculate after that point too, it it makes you happy.  

I would never rob you of your basic human freedom to make an idiot of yourself, lol.

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Nowhere in that snip does it say that Zach is with the team because of Johnson. Zach is there because of Douglas and Saleh. Woody agreed with the fact that he has arm talent—who doesn’t—but he was only interested in keeping him under the condition that they found a new starter. Has nothing to do with being “friends with his uncle”… not all billionaires are friends. 

As far as Kay: he’s become notorious for making sh*t up that he sees on twitter. He persistently takes the sides of “journalists” because he was one. Just yesterday: “assuming it is true that Zach said this because it is true”… lol

Then cut him. For gods sakes. The Jets can end all of this by releasing him, but they don’t. The longer he’s here there more it points to woody.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Then cut him. For gods sakes. The Jets can end all of this by releasing him, but they don’t. The longer he’s here there more it points to woody.

Except it doesn't. 

It points to JD, the man who fell in love with him as a prospect, the man who drafted him, and the man who decides if he remains on the roster or not.

Stop giving our GM a pass ffs.

• Sympathy 1