My time has finally come

4 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Sorry, I understand the NFL wanting to extend the brand, bad enough teams lose home games going to Europe. Now they want to expand in SA. Home games are important, but I guess money is more important.

Maybe this will coincide with adding the 18th game. 

i hate this too. 

with only 17 games each one is so important. to make these teams travel that far is unfair. 

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

No way hard disagreement. Ive been to columbia once. Costa rica 6 times. Costa rica is as safe as anywhere. Ive bern to brasil a few times. There is no comparison. Idk if you are just lumping central and south america together or what. Costa rica is ridiculously safe and chill. Brasil is violent

in fact in rio on the beach you get a group of 100 thugs from the favelas that swarm the beach beat up and rob the entire beach

its bad

Lol. Ya I’m sure rio is bad. Most cities in central and South America are. “Including “ Costa Rica. Yes the beaches are beautiful, but have you ever  spent time in San Jose ? Costa Rica is a big drug channel. I got some friends who live there not far from Jaco. Which isn’t greatest. Bogota is not as bad. Medellin cleaned up a lot since they got the cartel out. Cartagena is probably worse city in Colombia. But yes, all my buddies would agree, Rio is worst now. But wouldn’t lump rest of brazil in with that city. But nothing compares to Venezuela ha. 

2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

It builds character

Salute to you bro! For me, it’s misery. To the point where I’m starting to lose interest in football altogether. In the past, I’d watch every single Jets snap every season. But since those two AFCCG appearances, it’s been a constant struggle to remain interested. This year was absolutely worse after AR went down. I don’t root for higher draft picks. Not with the current GM. I root for wins. In most cases. I watched the entire Houston game as I could see even at 0-0 at half time that this offense had a pulse. Just complete inept CS though. There are fans that have gone through way worse than I have. Im 40 and I’m still looking at another 20-30 years of misery. 

But I guess it does build character. Helps me keep expectations at a minimal and when they exceed in real life, it’s a pleasant surprise. 

I miss Rex days. We were fun to watch even when we were losing. This current crop of CS and FO is just pure garbage. 

6 hours ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

The Gulag Bowl....inaugural game will be Iggles vs the faiders....held in some Siberian Gulag that only Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn would know the location. Putin would do the coin toss. 

the spectacle would be cray. Make Siberia the Dubai of the North.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Cartagena is probably worse city in Colombia.

My mechanic is a surfer, has funny stories about going to Peru in the 90's when the Shining Path were running wild around the country. He said he  got "waylaid and then lectured on the benefits of Maoism-Leninism" for an hour and had to make a "donation of $20 for this honor". 

That aside, he was in Colombia this summer, and said Cartagena was pretty safe. Some of the usual pickpocketing, huge bar tabs run up on tourists , but none of the crazy FARC, ELN, cartels vs the govt action of years past. Or just cartel insanity

Btw the dude is more albino than Phil Simms, but speaks Spanish flawlessly and just knows how to talk to people.  He's surfed at City La Libertad in El Salvador, Costa Rica, and Mexico, Said Mexico was probably the scariest out of all of them, especially in Baja, more so now than ever. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Its actually pão de queijo as we don't speak spanish here.

Sorry you had a such bad experiences here, Rio de Janeiro its really a place of its own, makes me feel like sh*t when they're actually the image of Brazil that is spread to the world.

I spent 6 weeks in Rio in 2016 working at the Beach Volleyball on Copacabana!….I’ve had worse gigs 😃

The sights on that beach I tell you 😳…..actually way prefer Ipanema, especially for the applause as the sun sets over the mountain, spent a few late afternoons and evenings there watching the surfers and waiting for that sunset, never saw any trouble but there’s always an edge….I think they really cleaned up the crime during the games but I do know a few people who got shaken up. Also loved Sao Conrado, I think the locals don’t shout about that place to keep it for themselves. quite right too

I remember driving in one night after we’d just arrived and there was this enormous bank of lights in the sky, it looked like something out of 2001: a space odyssey, I thought it was the mothership landing and i’m thinking ‘wtf is that?’ ….it was Rocinha……it made sense the following morning when I could see it in the daylight. Never seen anything like it, those favela’s are not to be taken lightly but I’ll tell you what, some of them are cleaner and take greater civic pride than half the towns and cities in the UK.

I don’t think there is a finer city on earth in terms of everywhere you look it’s a postcard, whether it’s hiking up the Corcovado or taking the gondola up Pao d’Acucar ….and as for the food…..Acai, Brigadiero, Manjioca and my absolute favourite…..frango E passarinho….a mountain of crispy fried chicken smothered in garlic and lime…..amazing!…oh aye, and the caipirinha’s !!!…the food, the music, the girls….yes you have to be careful but what a place! I have to go back. We took a few days off the back and went up to Buzios for something a bit calmer, people forget that Brazil has incredible beach resorts and some of the finest surfing and kitesurfing in the world.

i get to spend a week or so in São Paulo every November, very very different city altogether but I always look forward to the trip……..fantastic Japanese food believe it if not, some of the very finest sushi or sashimi anywhere other than Japan itself.  I’m surprised they’ve taken the game there rather than the Maracana but if it’s in early November I might be able to go

It’s a shame that the crime is the first thing many people think of when thinking Brazil, sure you have to careful but the warmth of the people, the colour, the vibrancy and the passion for sport (I watched Brazil win the Olympic gold medal in a beach bar on Copa and honestly, it was almost better than being in the stadium) is second to none and I think this is a great move by the NFL

• Upvote 2