Zach Wilson is SO Back! - QB Film Breakdown | Chase Daniel w/ Launch Hydrate

12 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

You have to understand the context of why this is sort of viral.

1. Offense one of worst ever

2. Everyone decides it's because of Zach

3. Replace Zach with Boyle

4. Boyle worse than Zach by a lot

5. Insert Siemian. Siemian looks worse than Boyle. Offense even worse and Zach clearly better than both

6. Saleh decides to go back to Zach and Zach may or may not have originally said FU

7. Saleh announces that Zach is starter, Zach wants the ball

8. In addition, for pretty much the first time ever, Saleh says Zach should play Eff-it football

9. Zach looks like a Top 10 QB in the NFL

I mean it looks REALLY bad for Saleh and REALLY good for Zach who becomes viewed as "not the problem"

Now we get to see if it was an aberration or if Zach can play close to that level consistently.

The thing is, if Zach does ball out these last few games, then it really was salehs fault for hiring milfy as his oc in the first place.  Maybe Douglas deserves some blame too because he didn’t force saleh to sit Zach and start Flacco.  And we all know how the oline was in a state of flux and still is.  Nania pointed out the formations that Zach is having the most success in but they weren’t being used much.  And, in all fairness, maybe they’re not the best formation if the jets did have decent receiver to compliment gWilson.  We’ll see what happens.  Could be a pretty fun four games to watch.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Thank you!

This is just an excellent breakdown and shows you how Zach can play. 

For me I love the play where Zach sees that the run wont work and then checks out of it to a pass to Wilson on the sideline and Saleh goes nuts because he knew what Zach did on that play!

Also as I posted elsewhere….

Another point I think is an interesting and is an important point, is the fact that the Jets used pre-snap motion more than 40% in the Houston game for only the fourth time this year. What is important about this fact is they are actually 3-1 in games in which they employed this strategy, with the lone loss being to Kansas City.

Ummmmm so maybe just maybe the Jets should use pre-snap motion like the rest of the league, if they want to win on Sunday. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I’m so glad that Zach fans have had this one last week to pretend, to cling to hope, to tell each other stories over a snifter of port. You’ve been through so much personal shame and ridicule these past three years, but you’ll always have That One Game Against The Texans to talk about. Good for you guys. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

You have to understand the context of why this is sort of viral.

1. Offense one of worst ever

2. Everyone decides it's because of Zach

3. Replace Zach with Boyle

4. Boyle worse than Zach by a lot

5. Insert Siemian. Siemian looks worse than Boyle. Offense even worse and Zach clearly better than both

6. Saleh decides to go back to Zach and Zach may or may not have originally said FU

7. Saleh announces that Zach is starter, Zach wants the ball

8. In addition, for pretty much the first time ever, Saleh says Zach should play Eff-it football

9. Zach looks like a Top 10 QB in the NFL

I mean it looks REALLY bad for Saleh and REALLY good for Zach who becomes viewed as "not the problem"

Now we get to see if it was an aberration or if Zach can play close to that level consistently.

Ummmmm I am neutral but to me it simple men lie, women lie but the tape don’t lie and Zach had an outstanding game, not just because he made excellent throws and yes he did make good throws, but because Zach was actually thinking out there at a high level against a good team and it showed, it is as simple as that. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m so glad that Zach fans have had this one last week to pretend, to cling to hope, to tell each other stories over a snifter of port. You’ve been through so much personal shame and ridicule these past three years, but you’ll always have That One Game Against The Texans to talk about. Good for you guys. 

I only jumped on the Zach train after the KC game.  So if I include that one, it's only been 10 games for me.  And he was benched for 2 of those!

Regardless, it'll be very interesting to see the reactions on this forum if he plays that well again this week. 

image.png.9ca607909b4c76d78e4d8b7f5164e437.png

• Upvote 1

Douglas and woody are praying wilson does ok enough so they can keep him and try to hide him again and make the whole problem go away.  Also would not need to go out and get an expensive backup qb who probably couldn’t do much damage even if they made it to the playoffs.  But when guys like devito and that sd scrub start throwing for 300 yards it makes you realize that it’s the jets offense holding qbs back as much as wilson sucking.  Wilson would be better elsewhere and other qbs would be worse here. 

Zach has been trolling the Jets for 3 years.  He hates the Jets and has wanted off since day 1.  The big change in Zach is they agreed to trade him.  

You and the rest of "team Zach" can take your foot off the gas peddle.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

But when guys like devito and that sd scrub start throwing for 300 yards it makes you realize that it’s the jets offense holding qbs back as much as wilson sucking.  Wilson would be better elsewhere and other qbs would be worse here. 

Gonna hard disagree with you on this one. If Zach was secretly good, it’d show up in at least some of the advanced metrics, but he’s way down in those across the board. His lone talent is an ability to throw it hard in a straight line, and even when he does that it’s inaccurate. Watch the “every throw” video from the Texans game and every completion involves a receivers jumping, contorting, or diving for his passes. What guys like Aidan O’Connell, Jake Browning, and Easton Stick are showing is a fundamental ability to read defenses and anticipate routes because they’ve each played a ton of football in their lives. An OC can design a perfunctory offense around those guys and beat some teams. What Zach provides is the ability, on every tenth pass play, to rip the ball into a hole in a zone defense that gets his offense in field goal range. His problem is the other nine plays in that series. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna hard disagree with you on this one. If Zach was secretly good, it’d show up in at least some of the advanced metrics, but he’s way down in those across the board. His lone talent is an ability to throw it hard in a straight line, and even when he does that it’s inaccurate. Watch the “every throw” video from the Texans game and every completion involves a receivers jumping, contorting, or diving for his passes. What guys like Aidan O’Connell, Jake Browning, and Easton Stick are showing is a fundamental ability to read defenses and anticipate routes because they’ve each played a ton of football in their lives. An OC can design a perfunctory offense around those guys and beat some teams. What Zach provides is the ability, on every tenth pass play, to rip the ball into a hole in a zone defense that gets his offense in field goal range. His problem is the other nine plays in that series. 

Does Zach have more than 3 touchdown passes that’s traveled further than 10 yards in the air ? He’s a horrendous passer. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna hard disagree with you on this one. If Zach was secretly good, it’d show up in at least some of the advanced metrics, but he’s way down in those across the board. His lone talent is an ability to throw it hard in a straight line, and even when he does that it’s inaccurate. Watch the “every throw” video from the Texans game and every completion involves a receivers jumping, contorting, or diving for his passes. 

I think sometimes we see what we want to see, friend. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Does Zach have more than 3 touchdown passes that’s traveled further than 10 yards in the air ? He’s a horrendous passer. 

Trying to think of them, but I’m guessing no. He had the deep shot against the Titans his rookie year, and the laser to Lazard against the Chiefs, but most of his TDs are of the variety we saw last Sunday—little schemed up passes that are wide open, can’t miss stuff

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Trying to think of them, but I’m guessing no. He had the deep shot against the Titans his rookie year, and the laser to Lazard against the Chiefs, but most of his TDs are of the variety we saw last Sunday—little schemed up passes that are wide open, can’t miss stuff

The broken play against Detroit where Uzomah was wide open. The pass to Lazard was around 10 yards. And the Titans game. You can’t run an offense if the QB can’t see the field or complete passes in the EZ.also the YAC yards generally suck because most of his completions are off target.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here are all of Zach Wilson’s TD passes. The deep shot to Corey Davis as a rookie, the crosser catch and run to Keelan Cole against Buffalo, the cool cross-body bomb to CJ Uzomah last year against Detroit, the catch and runs by Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall this year. 

IMG_4733.png

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here are all of Zach Wilson’s TD passes. The deep shot to Corey Davis as a rookie, the crosser catch and run to Keelan Cole against Buffalo, the cool cross-body bomb to CJ Uzomah last year against Detroit, the catch and runs by Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall this year. 

IMG_4733.png

So he has two that have traveled further than 10 yards in the air. In 3 years!! Holy sh*t lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Zach has been trolling the Jets for 3 years.  He hates the Jets and has wanted off since day 1.  The big change in Zach is they agreed to trade him.  

You and the rest of "team Zach" can take your foot off the gas peddle.  

I don’t believe there’s any other situation that will allow him to do everything on his terms though. 

45 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A bit eye opening that this “highlight” package actually has some halfway decent throws in it. Zach can’t really say the same.

Zach Wilson's highlights have no halfway decent throws in them? Really?

I think some of ya'll have jumped the shark when it comes to this guy. 

The issue with Wilson ins't that he has never made a good throw, the issue is that he hasn't made anywhere near enough of them. 

21 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Most likely outcomes for Zach Knoblauch:

1) mediocre vs the Dolphins

2) look better than he actually is vs the Commies (their secondary is an absolute joke and they have no pass rush).  His 1st career 3 TD game is even a possibility here.  The DC D is that bad.

3) Get embarrassed by Joe Flacco's Cleveland Browns.  Caveat though is that the Browns secondary has been absolutely set ablaze the last few weeks, so maybe they are ripe for the picking 🤪

I guess I get the Knoblauch ref because of the yips but the former Yankee was a x4 time all star, x4 time world champ, gold glover and x2 silver slugger. Zach is not in the same stratosphere. Knoblauch was considered a great fielder before he got the 'yips', Zach was never great at anything.    

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I guess I get the Knoblauch ref because of the yips but the former Yankee was a x4 time all star, x4 time world champ, gold glover and x2 silver slugger. Zach is not in the same stratosphere. Knoblauch was considered a great fielder before he got the 'yips', Zach was never great at anything.    

That's fair. 

Knoblauch was public enemy number 1 after game 2 of the 98 ALCS

28 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Zach Wilson's highlights have no halfway decent throws in them? Really?

I think some of ya'll have jumped the shark when it comes to this guy. 

The issue with Wilson ins't that he has never made a good throw, the issue is that he hasn't made anywhere near enough of them. 

Touchdown passes? No there really aren’t any. 

• WTF? 1

7 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!

This is just an excellent breakdown and shows you how Zach can play. 

For me I love the play where Zach sees that the run wont work and then checks out of it to a pass to Wilson on the sideline and Saleh goes nuts because he knew what Zach did on that play!

Also as I posted elsewhere….

Another point I think is an interesting and is an important point, is the fact that the Jets used pre-snap motion more than 40% in the Houston game for only the fourth time this year. What is important about this fact is they are actually 3-1 in games in which they employed this strategy, with the lone loss being to Kansas City.

Ummmmm so maybe just maybe the Jets should use pre-snap motion like the rest of the league, if they want to win on Sunday. 

just laughable coaching

3-1 with the only loss coming as a robbery against the Swifties in primetime?

who needs that type of success!

• Post of the Week 1

Easy to spout like this moving into a game against a top 5 offense. This hopefully is a good game ... But a win is largely dependent on the D being able to stifle that offense. Let's talk again after the average teams arrive on the schedule in two weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Like the perfect lead pass to GW slanting over the middle where he didn't break stride and scored against Dallas. GW had the safety bearing down and Stephon Gilmore in his hip pocket but the timing and placement of the throw were perfect. Jim Nantz announcing the play said "Aww he ripped it!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetkwondo said:

Like the perfect lead pass to GW slanting over the middle where he didn't break stride and scored against Dallas. GW had the safety bearing down and Stephon Gilmore in his hip pocket but the timing and placement of the throw were perfect. Jim Nantz announcing the play said "Aww he ripped it!

That was an 8 yard slant 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Easy to spout like this moving into a game against a top 5 offense. This hopefully is a good game ... But a win is largely dependent on the D being able to stifle that offense. Let's talk again after the average teams arrive on the schedule in two weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

What?!?