Time to force Rodgers out of here

38 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

So this debacle is on AR?    Because he’s the one who had 4 drafts and FA to build the OL.  But yeah, let’s blame one of the all time greats for this sh*t show. 

JD and Saleh brought in Rodgers to save their butts. With a wink wink, nudge nudge, the Jets hired or signed most of Rodgers' buddies from his Green Bay days.

It's unfortunate that Rodgers blew out his Achilles four plays into the season but he is not the future of this franchise, and neither are the buffoons that negotiated against themselves to bring him into the Jets.

Rip off the bandaid and get rid of them all. If Rodgers wants to play, he and his agent can find a way to ease the financial pain on the Jets for getting rid of him. We'll take our lumps and go into the draft with a clean slate.

Otherwise, the shortsightedness of Douglas and his cronies will set us back another decade because we'll have bet everything on a 40 year old QB.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

JD and Saleh brought in Rodgers to save their butts. With a wink wink, nudge nudge, the Jets hired or signed most of Rodgers' buddies from his Green Bay days.

It's unfortunate that Rodgers blew out his Achilles four plays into the season but he is not the future of this franchise, and neither are the buffoons that negotiated against themselves to bring him into the Jets.

Rip off the bandaid and get rid of them all. If Rodgers wants to play, he and his agent can find a way to ease the financial pain on the Jets for getting rid of him. We'll take our lumps and go into the draft with a clean slate.

Otherwise, the shortsightedness of Douglas and his cronies will set us back another decade because we'll have bet everything on a 40 year old QB.

playing Rodgers next year wont set us back a decade. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Go full Machiavellian. Cut Cobb, Lazard, fire Hackett, Saleh and JD. Get him so angry that he walks on his own accord. His influence here on every facet of this organization has been a disaster and will continue. Time to face facts. This can't go on into next year. 

That would be the best thing is to clean house drafting 4 OL isn't fixing this mess the team is ruined by poor coaching, development, drafting, and Rogers who bought with him friends who are washed up. A 41 year old with a Gimped leg isn't getting this team anywhere its time to blow whole thing up and bring in a football guy. All this is Rogers winding down job at the expense of the fans he could care less if he plays another snap he is playing us all what a sad existence for this franchise it's disgusting.

• Upvote 2

As much as I didn't want the Rodgers trade we're stuck with him next year. The only option for us is to man up and kill FA with OL, and then the draft. We need 2 WR's also if Saleh is not going to play any other WR on this team not named Lazard, and Cobb. 

1 hour ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

We won't know that unless Rodgers is put in a position where he says to hell with it, this is not what I signed on for.

im guessing Rodgers doesnt feel the doom and gloom you do.

im sure he thinks Lazzard is fine since he was fine with him in GB. even if you cut him which your not cause it would be a 18 mil cap hit you would replace him with another WR 2.

the defense is good. 

Conklin had a good year, and Ruckurt took a step up.

the only problem is the OL which will get changes to it. we got a nice high draft pick coming too. 

Rodgers just worked so hard to prove he could come back from a ACL in a few months and you think if you change the HC he is just going to retire without stepping on the field to prove he can not only come back but come back good? no way.

8 hours ago, doitny said:

im guessing Rodgers doesnt feel the doom and gloom you do.

im sure he thinks Lazzard is fine since he was fine with him in GB. even if you cut him which your not cause it would be a 18 mil cap hit you would replace him with another WR 2.

the defense is good. 

Conklin had a good year, and Ruckurt took a step up.

the only problem is the OL which will get changes to it. we got a nice high draft pick coming too. 

Rodgers just worked so hard to prove he could come back from a ACL in a few months and you think if you change the HC he is just going to retire without stepping on the field to prove he can not only come back but come back good? no way.

We've seen other QBs retire and leave money on the table. Brady is one. Take away Hackett, the coach, the GM and his player buddies and you have no idea what Rodgers would do.  My opinion is he would retire thereby saving the Jets any further financial obligations. He could easily go to the TV booth for big bucks at that point.  I'm amazed at how many teams can move on from bad situations and improve yet we remain paralyzed with what ifs and tortured reasoning like some of the posters here as to why incompetent people deserve to come back for what will surely be yet another year of failure.

• Upvote 1

They aren't going to get rid of Rodgers....there is a belief with average to above average QB play gets this team deep into a playoff run. Which may not be completely false.

That said, this offseason Rodgers should be told of a plan that looks toward a future beyond rodgers.  Rodgers is welcome to be here, but a QB will be picked in the first, second round (if we can get one), or third round, to sit behind him for the year.

Hackett has to go, cobb has to go, Cook is done, etc... you're welcome to be here, but we are looking beyond you.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

We've seen other QBs retire and leave money on the table. Brady is one. Take away Hackett, the coach, the GM and his player buddies and you have no idea what Rodgers would do.  My opinion is he would retire thereby saving the Jets any further financial obligations. He could easily go to the TV booth for big bucks at that point.  I'm amazed at how many teams can move on from bad situations and improve yet we remain paralyzed with what ifs and tortured reasoning like some of the posters here as to why incompetent people deserve to come back for what will surely be yet another year of failure.

this aint all about money. its his legacy. i can see if he cant play because of injury but he says he can. there is no way he does not want to play next year. he is going to want to prove he can go out playing good. 

it amazes me that we have a HOF QB under contract that some people dont want to see play and instead roll the dice on another rookie QB

and this is all because one of the worst QB in NFL history won 5 games so one of the best is not allowed to play. 

why is next year sure to be a failure? you dont think we can add a 2-3 OL and one more WR? the defense is fine. you dont need anything there.

with better QB play we win NE, Vegas and Atlanta. and im not talking about super duper QB play. we loss those games by 5..5..and 4 points. with Rodgers here we are 8-6. and we loss the KC game by 3. 

what is your plan? if you got your wish and got rid of everyone on your list who is the QB? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

this aint all about money. its his legacy. i can see if he cant play because of injury but he says he can. there is no way he does not want to play next year. he is going to want to prove he can go out playing good. 

it amazes me that we have a HOF QB under contract that some people dont want to see play and instead roll the dice on another rookie QB

and this is all because one of the worst QB in NFL history won 5 games so one of the best is not allowed to play. 

why is next year sure to be a failure? you dont think we can add a 2-3 OL and one more WR? the defense is fine. you dont need anything there.

with better QB play we win NE, Vegas and Atlanta. and im not talking about super duper QB play. we loss those games by 5..5..and 4 points. with Rodgers here we are 8-6. and we loss the KC game by 3. 

what is your plan? if you got your wish and got rid of everyone on your list who is the QB? 

Point 1. After Rodgers went down, I called here for Hackett to be fired the next day. Many lambasted the idea. How many more games would we have had a chance to win with him gone?. I believe my comment was prescient given the dismal results of his continued presence.

Point 2. There are so many glaring holes on this team that the 2024 draft will not come close to plugging them. Realistically it will take 2 or perhaps 3 years to address them all. Rodgers likely will be gone by that time.

Point 3. You don't run a team and draft based upon consideration of what Rodgers wants his legacy to be.  Given our likely draft position, you either draft or bring in a QB that is competent and use all other draft capital on the OL. I'd be looking at Baker Mayfield in that regard. No defensive players drafted AT ALL in next year's draft no matter how much Saleh, if he's here, begs for a certain player on draft day. We saw the folly of that this year with McDonald.

That's my plan, what's yours?   

I don't think Rodgers is going anywhere.  Too much money on the table and too much to prove.

Rodgers is cocky, but he's not stupid.  There is no way that he does not see the disfunction and ineptitude on offense.  He will 100% be on board with changes that so clearly need to be made.

Hackett, Cobb, Becton, and Cook are as good as gone.  JD and Saleh are most likely staying.  The offensive line is going to be revamped heavily with draft capital and free agency.  Rodgers will be on board with these moves.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Yup.  We are getting Joe Alt, Tee Higgins, 2 big time free agent lineman, fresh new 80s retro unis and all will be talking Super Bowl in August.

Right now is just whine time for jet fans.

The 2024 home opener will be packed, fans will spend all of there money and the entire stadium will be chanting Aa-Ron Rod-gers at the top of their lungs.

Woody has jet fans in the palm of his hand.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Point 1. After Rodgers went down, I called here for Hackett to be fired the next day. Many lambasted the idea. How many more games would we have had a chance to win with him gone?. I believe my comment was prescient given the dismal results of his continued presence.

Point 2. There are so many glaring holes on this team that the 2024 draft will not come close to plugging them. Realistically it will take 2 or perhaps 3 years to address them all. Rodgers likely will be gone by that time.

Point 3. You don't run a team and draft based upon consideration of what Rodgers wants his legacy to be.  Given our likely draft position, you either draft or bring in a QB that is competent and use all other draft capital on the OL. I'd be looking at Baker Mayfield in that regard. No defensive players drafted AT ALL in next year's draft no matter how much Saleh, if he's here, begs for a certain player on draft day. We saw the folly of that this year with McDonald.

That's my plan, what's yours?   

Point 1. i agree. i never wanted Hackett. in fact thats the guy who should go no matter what Rodgers wants.

Point 2. i dont see that many holes. Tippman and AVT are good. im not crazy about Laken but if you get 2 Tackles you can live with him. at least he doesnt get hurt (knock on wood).

backup QB will come from FA. 

we need a another WR. you keep Lazzard as WR3. i dont think he is as bad as he played this year but either way he can be a WR3.

so backup QB, 2 Tackles and a WR2. that can be filled by this offseason.

Point 3. i agree with not letting Rodgers tell us who to draft. if we can get a good QB in rd 1 then do it. and the benefit of having Rodgers here is he is a HOF QB and his knowledge that he could pass to the new QB would be great. i killed Love early on but it looks like he is pretty good and being behind Rodgers for 4 years im sure was a big help.

im not going to kill the McDonald pick. the OL we wanted was gone. and he is going to replace Huff because we cant afford to resign him and fill these holes.

my plan?

keep everyone but Hackett and Carter. if Rodgers pushes back on Hackett i have no choice to keep him. 

draft a QB in rd 1 but only if we can get a good one. dont want to force this because there are plenty of good QB that werent Drafted in the top 10.

if not then take the best Tackle in RD 1 and a WR in rd 3. we could take a QB in rd 4 or wait till next year and take a QB in the back of the 1st rd.

i think your plan is another rebuild. new GM will want to build it different. new HC will most likely be another 1st time guy who will have to figure it out with a rookie QB. i rather run it back with Rodgers, Saleh and JD...without Hackett and fill the holes instead of going through another year of rookie QB and HC growing pains. we might have to do that anyway in 2025 but for now we have another option that very well could get us into the playoffs.

Thoughtful reply however, I find several questionable assertions.

AVT is officially injury prone. counting on him for anything going forward is asking for trouble.

You say if Rodgers pushes back on firing Hackett then we have to keep him. Why? If he doesn't like it then let him retire...saves us money.

There is little doubt that Rodgers will have an outsized influence on draft day. Decisions that will resonate and handicap this team after he is retired and working the booth for FOX. That's insanity to allow that to happen.

The McDonald pick was the result of JD's panic. He was unprepared and gave into Saleh. McDonald has been a poor value pick based upon his lack of production this season. There's no way around that although some will have some convoluted logic to assert. 

No matter what we do in the '24 draft, it will not be enough to overcome Miami, Buffalo, KC, Baltimore, Cincy and Jax. It will take 2 to 3 years to level that out. Forget about quick fixes. Not accepting that reality is part of the problem we face.

• Upvote 1