New York Mets 2024 Thread (LFGM)

Scott Dierking

30 minutes ago, faba said:

Alonso it is tough to let home grown player walk away-he is having a down year-the last year of contract could be having mental effect. 

I doubt acuna will get called up-he is still so young

I think Acuna was realistic until Iglesias and Vientos heated up like they did. If the Mets fall out of things IMO he'd benefit from a call-up at this point. He's right at that cusp and getting him a look, even if brief, wouldn't hurt.

Alonso has hit into 11 DP’s so far. The one in the first inning last night was just a mood wrecker. I’ll say it again…Cohen will regret it for a long time that they didn’t get rid of him last year at the deadline. He is beyond a sunk cost.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

If this Christian Scott guy is the crown jewel of our young pitching, then we are not going to be competitive for  longer than we hoped for. Very unimpressive, doesn’t seem to be getting any better. 

I don't think it's abnormal for a very green rookie to struggle against the long ball in today's game. Not sure what the stats are on that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't think it's abnormal for a very green rookie to struggle against the long ball in today's game. Not sure what the stats are on that. 

The biggest worry for me is he can’t put guys away when he gets two strikes on them. That results in long at bats and him throwing 80 pitches to get through 4 innings. I wonder if they would ever consider doing a “ mini “ bullpen game with him. He’s usually lights out the first three innings. The present situation isn’t helping the team. 

22 hours ago, section314 said:

The biggest worry for me is he can’t put guys away when he gets two strikes on them. That results in long at bats and him throwing 80 pitches to get through 4 innings. I wonder if they would ever consider doing a “ mini “ bullpen game with him. He’s usually lights out the first three innings. The present situation isn’t helping the team. 

Welp, now the biggest concern is the ulnar nerve.

BTW, that Yankees/Mets game last night, while hardly the tape being sent to Cooperstown, was a fun watch in terms of manager decisions. Mendoza had to piece together a bullpen, while trying to avoid Soto and Judge, while Boone had to find ways to manage at bats and move the line.

Great second guesser game.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Welp, now the biggest concern is the ulnar nerve.

BTW, that Yankees/Mets game last night, while hardly the tape being sent to Cooperstown, was a fun watch in terms of manager decisions. Mendoza had to piece together a bullpen, while trying to avoid Soto and Judge, while Boone had to find ways to manage at bats and move the line.

Great second guesser game.

You see that stat late last night? The Mets are like 6-50 with RISP lately? 😩We will all suffer tonight.. it’s an ESPN game.

21 hours ago, section314 said:

You see that stat late last night? The Mets are like 6-50 with RISP lately? 😩We will all suffer tonight.. it’s an ESPN game.

I still need to know who ESPN is producing baseball games for.

It's an alternate universe watching them show a baseball game. Like, who is this for? Boomers? Nope. Young Kids? Doubtful

Who is the audience they are trying to market to? A few thousand stat nerds on twitter? Just ******* bizarre. WIN PROBABILITY!!!! Lmao, psycopaths.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

It's an alternate universe watching them show a baseball game. Like, who is this for? Boomers? Nope. Young Kids? Doubtful

Who is the audience they are trying to market to? A few thousand stat nerds on twitter? Just ******* bizarre. WIN PROBABILITY!!!! Lmao, psycopaths.

Most of MLB is in this weird quasi realm where they don't grasp that the modern audience just wants simplicity. That's why the pitch clock has been so successful. Keep it short and simple.

Everyone should just handle games the way that SNY does. There's a reason why Mets fans love watching games.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

When they were interviewing Ingleses when he is turning a double play I gave up all hope.😎

• Upvote 1

Actually a really big game tonight. Senga's return, If they win they'll be in 1st place for the WC, and a slight chance they'll also be in single digit games behind the Phillies, who coincidentally have a very tough schedule for the next two weeks.

• Upvote 1

One guy many Mets fans wanted to get rid of is McNeil. But doubted he had value. But Mendoza has stuck with him and he's at least for now come around. So with his value up is it time to trade him maybe get a good relief pitcher. Esp now with Nunez out. Or do we keep him he's been winning games and hitting with power. And stay with the players who got them here. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

One guy many Mets fans wanted to get rid of is McNeil. But doubted he had value. But Mendoza has stuck with him and he's at least for now come around. So with his value up is it time to trade him maybe get a good relief pitcher. Esp now with Nunez out. Or do we keep him he's been winning games and hitting with power. And stay with the players who got them here. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40650134/mets-bolster-ailing-bullpen-acquire-ryne-stanek-mariners

This team is playing with such grit! Different player coming up big nearly every night.

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Nice add.  Added bonus is he always seems to get big hits against us so we won't have to face him anymore.  Last 3 seasons he is hitting .379 against us.  .464 On base.  .586 slugging and 1.050 ops. 

And it also means DJ Stewart role is reduced (if he even remains with the team).

Win-win

• Upvote 2

Stewart sent out to Syracuse. He's not hitting and Winker is. They can recall him in Sept maybe he can turn it around. Winker is a UFA on a 1.5 million contract for 2024. Good deal for Mets that's why you draft players every year to build your farm system and have bargaining chips to deal to bolster your roster. But if Mets want to deal for a starting pitcher after losing two in a week they'll have to give up more.