Izzy Abanikanda vs Dalvin Cook

AFJF

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

No good reason he had to wait this long to get reps though. Cook was cooked when he got here and most of the fans on this site knew it. Why can't our coaches figure it out?

Supposedly he wasn’t doing a good job picking up the other things required from the position. He’d have made little no difference. Breece has had plenty of games where he couldn’t do anything and he is one of the better Rbs in football.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Going to suggest that comparing rushing stats to this game and this opponent might not yield the most representative results

Going to suggest one guy is good and the other is not.

The one who is not has been getting carries all year.

This coach is clueless.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This coaching staff is clueless when it comes to offensive personnel decisions. Cook over Izzy. Bunny boy over Ruckert. Boyle over Semen. Just obvious things that fans on here see.

23 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Going to suggest one guy is good and the other is not.

The one who is not has been getting carries all year.

This coach is clueless.

Coaching mistake? Definitely. Did the coaching mistake follow a poor GM decision that led to the coaches having the opportunity to make that mistake in the first place? Absolutely. Cook never should’ve been on this roster.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, derp said:

Coaching mistake? Definitely. Did the coaching mistake follow a poor GM decision that led to the coaches having the opportunity to make that mistake in the first place? Absolutely. Cook never should’ve been on this roster.

You're right but coaches and GMS work together to build the roster. A stronger offensive voice in the room would have pushed against him being here in the first place.

I suspect Saleh deferred to hackett who was just like yeah if that's what Aaron wants let's do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You're right but coaches and GMS work together to build the roster. A stronger offensive voice in the room would have pushed against him being here in the first place.

I suspect Saleh deferred to hackett who was just like yeah if that's what Aaron wants let's do it.

Still falls on the GM at the end of the day. Coaching staff shouldn’t have to stop him from doing stupid stuff, and that one was just obviously dumb from the jump.

8 minutes ago, derp said:

Still falls on the GM at the end of the day. Coaching staff shouldn’t have to stop him from doing stupid stuff, and that one was just obviously dumb from the jump.

OK put it on the GM. My point is just that we need to add an offensive coach that can be the adult in the room since we obviously don't have one. If we want to maximize the Rodgers window we need to do better.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

OK. My point is just that we need to add an offensive coach that can be the adult in the room since we obviously don't have one. 

I don’t disagree. My point - in response to the posts in the thread thus far being about the bad coaching choices at RB - is that Cook even being on the roster (at his bloated salary) comes back to the GM.

The Jets need to bring in a respectable offensive minded coach in 2024 to be the adult in the room. These guys are in over their head and they're trying to thread the needle on the Rodgers window.

I know they aren't replacing Hackett but they can add an assistant head coach or consultant or something.

Why would anyone with any kind of a resume want to join this team when they're facing a total house-cleaning if things don't go well next year?  Plus that person would have to report to Nate Hackett.

• Upvote 1

The Jets need to bring in a respectable offensive minded coach in 2024 to be the adult in the room. These guys are in over their head and they're trying to thread the needle on the Rodgers window.

I know they aren't replacing Hackett but they can add an assistant head coach or consultant or something.

To add more substance to the “over the head” comment is that I saw another stat yesterday.  During Saleh’s tenure with the Jets around 5 games were listed as being “Must Win” games, they ALL ended in the neighborhood of 30 point blow out losses.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

To add more substance to the “over the head” comment is that I saw another stat yesterday.  During Saleh’s tenure with the Jets around 5 games were listed as being “Must Win” games, they ALL ended in the neighborhood of 30 point blow out losses.

LMAO

Santos Consistency GIF by GIPHY News

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1