College bowl games 2023....

Beerfish

3 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

How does the opt out work with NIL?  They have to pay some back?  Or they keep the money sitting on the sidelines when there’s a chance to make money for the school. 

IIRC, Ohio State boosters gave Ewers a million dollars before he stepped foot on campus and I *think* he kept it when he transferred to Texas a few months later. 

• Upvote 1

I don't quite understand how players make money by going into the transfer portal. I do know that big donors have no prob shelling out millions for coaches and players. They just paid Jimbo Fisher over 70 mil not to coach the team and he's a good coach. On the surface to me it's a corrupt system and don't ever underestimate greed.

Sometimes when you do dumb things it works out, too bad the commentators are dumbasses about it.

Penn State QB rolls out the wrong way, pressured, throws a lame duck lob into the middle of the field that gets tipped but his player comes up with it one handed and runs for about 75 yards down inside the ole miss 5 yards line. 

Louis Riddick starts heaping praise on the QB for a great play.

13 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Georgia would beat any team in the playoffs w/ ease.  

FSU gunna have to learn how to recruit.  If they dont hit lightening in the bottle again in the portal, this is what you get.

I think they beat Bama about 7 out of 10 times and they would have beaten all the other teams no problem.

That is why the bowl committees explanation of their choices was a joke.

Best earned records?  Undefeated FSU

Best 4 teams?  Georgia has to be there.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They lost be 3 after winning like 40 games in a row and were two time defending champs.

They are probably still the best team in college football

They lost the one they couldn’t lose though. Bama has had their number almost every time.

Beating the corpse of FSU (who only showed up for the payday) proved nothing. Toledo would’ve beaten the Seminoles today also.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Sometimes when you do dumb things it works out, too bad the commentators are dumbasses about it.

Penn State QB rolls out the wrong way, pressured, throws a lame duck lob into the middle of the field that gets tipped but his player comes up with it one handed and runs for about 75 yards down inside the ole miss 5 yards line. 

Louis Riddick starts heaping praise on the QB for a great play.

Riddick has time and time again proven he is a clown, so doesn't surprise me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Georgia would beat any team in the playoffs w/ ease.  

FSU gunna have to learn how to recruit.  If they dont hit lightening in the bottle again in the portal, this is what you get.

You do realize Florida State had 20+ players out, including their QB, starting running backs, starting wide receivers, and starting tight end. They also had 1 starter on defense. 

This game was always going to be sh*t. I said it weeks ago. Nothing to take from it when one team had their entire starting roster opt out for numerous reasons. In comparison, Georgia had 2 starters not playing, one of which was because of an injury.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

They lost the one they couldn’t lose though. Bama has had their number almost every time.

Beating the corpse of FSU (who only showed up for the payday) proved nothing. Toledo would’ve beaten the Seminoles today also.

Hoping a 12 team playoff kills all these BS games. Nobody cares except bookies and gamblers.

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Florida State can officially stop whining about how unfair it was they didn't get into the final 4. Don't care about players opting out or transfer portals, they didn't get off the bus.

Georgia  putting everyone on notice they had a legit beef. 

If you "don't care" then you don't know football. Their entire team wasn't playing lol literally, their entire team 

They had one starter on defense and zero playmakers playing, or QB... 

Just now, Falco21 said:

If you "don't care" then you don't know football. Their entire team wasn't playing lol literally, their entire team 

They had one starter on defense and zero playmakers playing, or QB... 

Tough titties. Got their ass kicked, totally. You don't get to pretend you got jobbed if you don't put up a fight. Or decline the bowl game altogether. Embarrassing, may be the worst showing in a bowl game ever. 

Just now, Bugg said:

Tough titties. Got their ass kicked, totally. You don't get to pretend you got jobbed if you don't put up a fight. Or decline the bowl game altogether. Embarrassing, may be the worst showing in a bowl game ever. 

They can't decline the bowl game, for numerous reasons, including the massive influx of money to the program. I truly don't give a sh*t if it was the most embarrassing bowl game ever. I don't think anyone gives a sh*t. When your entire team opts out, you will get walked. That's the nature of it. Everyone knew it going into this game. Means dog sh*t to the program and means dog sh*t to Georgia.