~~~ Other NFL games 12-31 ~~~

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Agree. on paper I have no argument…
Except we’re talking here about an Edge who will be 25yo next year and who barely got on the field all season, and needs to bulk up considerably to ever do so. 
Your guess is as good as mine when or if he will ever get starter like minutes.

Not a good pick except for “in theory”.

Even in a hypothetical, Theoretical parallel multiverse, it was a bad, bad pick. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

We didn't need an edge and we do not even have a slot WR on the roster.

It didn't have to be JSN, but that pick was still bizzare. 

Just awful roster management and use of resources.

2023 was a lost season. Nothing good came of it.

The entire draft, with the exception of a  2nd round center, was a disaster. So were the FA and trade additions. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Even in a hypothetical, Theoretical parallel multiverse, it was a bad, bad pick. 

It didn't make any logical sense. You have a qb who has maybe 2-3 years left in the tank at best that you gave up assets for. The window is so tiny even if arod looks great again, which he did not last year.

And you take a development pick who will barely play in year 1?! With glaring needs at oline and WR?!

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I totally agree, but yet we still hear guys here say “going edge was the right move because value”.

I don’t understand the positional value argument when the position guy you took provided no value.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Love leading the Packers to the playoffs throwing dimes to a WR they selected with one of the jets picks and the LB they took with another sacking the Vikings qb is what Joe Dogass and Arod deserve.

Amen.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Love leading the Packers to the playoffs throwing dimes to a WR they selected with one of the jets picks and the LB they took with another sacking the Vikings qb is what Joe Dogass and Arod deserve.

Packer WR's are beyond open.  Like Ohio St vs Montana St open.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The 2nd rounder we just handed the packers in the Rodgers deal just got his 9th touchdown of the year.

On the plus side, we could have had Jayden Reed. On the negative side, we’d be contemplating eating a $54 million dollar dead cap hit on Derek Carr after one season. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Anything less than an arc championship appearance by the Jets in the next few years and the Rodgers trade will go down in an infamy. Only time will tell 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On the plus side, we could have had Jayden Reed. On the negative side, we’d be contemplating eating a $54 million dollar dead cap hit on Derek Carr after one season. 

Based on what?

Carr is a middle of the pack QB. His stats are once again, middle of the pack this season and his team has a shot at the playoffs going into the final week of the season.

Meanwhile Rodgers is yelling at people about vaccines like a Japanese soldier lost in the forest for 30 years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Here’s the thing. You and @JustInFudge named Addison and one or two other WRs we should’ve taken over JSN.

Even if I grant you that, I still say JSN would’ve been a bigger contributor and a better pick for this team than McDonald.

Flowers and Addison were twice the prospects and are twice the pros but here's the thing, they would have done nothing here, just like that JAG, JSN.  We'll see about McDonald but I got a very solid feeling that the same people cursing the JJ pick this time last year, will be eating their words about McDonald.  He's a freak of a different kind, unlike JSN who is a dime a dozen slot receiver. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JustInFudge said:

Flowers and Addison were twice the prospects and are twice the pros but here's the thing, they would have done nothing here, just like that JAG, JSN.  We'll see about McDonald but I got a very solid feeling that the same people cursing the JJ pick this time last year, will be eating their words about McDonald.  He's a freak of a different kind, unlike JSN who is a dime a dozen slot receiver. 

A dime a dozen slot receiver does more for a team with a 2 year window than a 24 year old rookie riding the bench. 

This team needed to be all in and we drafted like we had luxury picks and a loaded roster.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It didn't make any logical sense. You have a qb who has maybe 2-3 years left in the tank at best that you gave up assets for. The window is so tiny even if arod looks great again, which he did not last year.

And you take a development pick who will barely play in year 1?! With glaring needs at oline and WR?!

The jets did not think they had a need at wr at all.  Douglas actually thought lazard, cobb and hardman were good.

As for oline, due to the trade down in the 1st round they missed out on the last OT rated that high and they promptly panicked and took mcdoanld

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

It’s funny how guys like GW, Hall and Sauce were able to do something right away here, yet we’re assuming Addison and Flowers couldn’t do anything?

It gets really tiring hearing people say “yeah, so and so is really good, but he’d do nothing here” then turn around and say “that 24 yo guy we picked in the first who did nothing? He could improve enough to do something here in ‘24 because we have another guy who improved in his second year”.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets did not think they had a need at wr at all.  Douglas actually thought lazard, cobb and hardman were good.

As for oline, due to the trade down in the 1st round they missed out on the last OT rated that high and they promptly panicked and took mcdoanld

Corey Davis was still on the roster at draft time

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Jets sold their soul for Rodgers and Packers couldn't wait to get rid of him and its gone just how you'd expect it to.

The Jets had the leverage and JD was like “PLEASE GUTEKUNST YOU CAN HAVE WHATEVER YOU WANT” 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

why would we be getting rid of Carr after one season? the guy is having a pretty decent year like he always does.

ehhhhhh idk about that bud. His receivers think he’s satan 

5 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Jordan Love looks legit. Packers destroyed us. 

Yes and yes.

He’s getting better as the season goes on. That’s exactly what you hope for with a guy like him.

The Packers just know how to groom QBs. 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Corey Davis was still on the roster at draft time

And he was tossed under the bus and moved down the depth chart once they got Aarons buddies.

They did not pay lazard 44 million for 4 years to be wr #3

Davis was the odd man out and he knew it.  As i;ve speculated before, i am betting they asked him to take a pay cut after they committed to lazard.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Yes and yes.

He’s getting better as the season goes on. That’s exactly what you hope for with a guy like him.

The Packers just know how to groom QBs. 🤷‍♂️

And receivers. They’re everything we’re not as an organization. Disciplined, offensive minded, draft well, develop their own talent, successful with multiple HCs and GMs……

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

why would we be getting rid of Carr after one season? the guy is having a pretty decent year like he always does.

People need to feel better about what a disaster trading for Aaron Rodgers has been so far so they need to create a narrative that Carr also would have been a disaster here.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

yeah im sure they said that lmao

Michael Thomas literally live tweeted a Saints game a few weeks ago not so subtly calling out Carr for being terrible and then deleted his account 

Olave quitting on routes left and right all year….

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

A dime a dozen slot receiver does more for a team with a 2 year window than a 24 year old rookie riding the bench. 

This team needed to be all in and we drafted like we had luxury picks and a loaded roster.

McDonald wont ride the bench next year.  This is JJ all over again.  Ya'll acting like JSN would do sh*t in this offense is hysterical.  He's as JAG as JAG gets on a potent offense w/ a good QB and 2 studs.  He literally wouldnt even be able to get open here and this entire board would have written him off as a bust.  There are 7 WR's from this draft that are better then JSN.  Again, bitch and moan all you want about the pick, I dont really give AF but this pining for a JAG WR is extremely misplaced.

• Upvote 2

The fickleness of FF, in the championship game in my league, close game, one guy has the packers defense and that is it.  He is up by about 5 or 6 points due to the iron clad packers D.

The packers muff a punt on their own 5 yard line and minny gets a free td.   The game is within a point now i think.

Meanwhile my team in the 3rd place game and once again i have a good solid week and the other dude has a couple players play out of their skulls (he has Love) looks like I lose again.   😭

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

People need to feel better about what a disaster trading for Aaron Rodgers has been so far so they need to create a narrative that Carr also would have been a disaster here.

If Carr like rodges blew his achilles out after 4 plays the jets would be VASTLY better off in all ways.

• Upvote 2