~~~ Other NFL games 12-31 ~~~

11 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

It’s a solid year consistent with his history. 

yep, he is a middle of the league QB. ranks between 10-15 in most major categories.

but considering what was out there he was the best choice all things considered.

19 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

4-6 so far.

It wasn't such a great day - that's how it goes sometimes

got unlucky with Indy - also some legitimately bad calls (eeek) 

sometimes you eat the baer and sometimes he eats you 

my biggest rule is only gamble with money you can afford to lose

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It wasn't such a great day - that's how it goes sometimes

got unlucky with Indy - also some legitimately bad calls (eeek) 

sometimes you eat the baer and sometimes he eats you 

my biggest rule is only gamble with money you can afford to lose

Absolutely.  Ftr, I was no better yesterday.  I do think knowledge of OL (and OL coaches) could be a huge factor in picking winners though.  

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Absolutely.  Ftr, I was no better yesterday.  I do think knowledge of OL (and OL coaches) could be a huge factor in picking winners though.  

one year I bet only OL vs DL matchups and it was a wash 

betting QBs has been a much better strategy over the years 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The plan was to have Garrett Wilson, Corey Davis, and Alan Lazard at receiver, with Breece Hall, Uzomah, and Conklin getting the rest of the targets. Rodgers historically spams his WR1 with 45%-50% of his targets and spreads the rest around almost equally to his other guys. When he won the MVP in 2021, that whole passing offense was Davante Adams and Aaron Jones, with everyone else picking up scraps. While you Madden-brain wimps clutch your pearls over the frail slot guy who runs a 4.5/40, at least note that Rodgers wasn’t going to need that guy anyway, and Corey Davis would have been infinitely better than him regardless.

Behold, Rodgers’ target distribution in 2021 (Garrett Wilson would have gone over 2,000):

IMG_4811.jpeg

Still would have like to see JD go hard at Hopkins, @Barry McCockinner, but otherwise yeah, the hand-wringing over the receiving corps all year has been wayyyy overboard.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still would have like to see JD go hard at Hopkins, @Barry McCockinner, but otherwise yeah, the hand-wringing over the receiving corps all year has been wayyyy overboard.  

The team that should have gone after Hopkins was the Chiefs, but even they were like “thanks no thanks.” Not sure how toxic his rep was at the time, but it clearly scared the sh*t out of everyone

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think not pivoting when Corey Davis retired was problematic. 

when they decided not overpay OBJ, they should have signed Hopkins. Instead, they showed no interest

they overestimated Allan Lazard big time.

having said that, they would have likely been a passable unit with a healthy AR. They would have been fine with AR and Davis. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The team that should have gone after Hopkins was the Chiefs, but even they were like “thanks no thanks.” Not sure how toxic his rep was at the time, but it clearly scared the sh*t out of everyone

Seems like the Chiefs lack of WR talent is going to cost them with Kelce riding the Swifty train.

• Upvote 1